What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most embarrasing on the field CU moment

Most embarrasing CU moment

• Losing to Drake TWICE

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • 1st blowout loss to CSU in 1999

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 30-3 Loss to NU in 05, Students get ejected

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • 70-3 loss to UT in CCG in 05, could have been 100

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Loss to Montana St. in 06

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • Loss to CSU in Boulder in 09

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • other

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Having your student section cleared out on national tv is my all-time low point. I can stomach a loss, I cannot stomach acting like a douche.

That is one depressing list. Some additional dishonorable mentions include:

58-0 @ Mizzou in 2008. Up to that point, CU's 243-game streak with out a shut out was the third longest in the nation. A legacy that began with McCartney that was honored by Neuhisel and Barnett came to an embarassing conclusion under Hawk.

The two losses against Oklahoma in the B12 CCG were no picknic, either. The 29-7 and 42-3 lop-sided scores were a lead-up to the 70-3 disaster against Texas. The combined 141-13 score all blends together into one humiliating example of how the best of the north is no match for the champion of the south.

Um, where's 52-7 1992 Halloween night? :sad1:

I voted for 30-3.. Embarrassing on the field and Embarrassing behavior by the fans..

There are a lot of embarassing momemts, but in the last 20 yrs the one that sticks out the most to me is the 70-3. That should never happen, and anyone who think that's acceptable at CU or any BCS program needs to stay off the crack. No one should even have to keep a coach who allows that to happen.

To me it either has to be CSU 09 or Montana State...

Drake just doesn't work for me, because CU was not yet an established program, and most of all, I wasn't around to see that...

Texas is pretty embarassing, but I did not expect to win that game at all. I knew it would be a blowout. Not as bad as it was, but still. I had zero expectations for that game, and I was so happy to know Barnett would probably be gone after it that it took away some of the sting. Hah, now I miss Barnett... funny how that works out.

NU 05 is really bad too... but, better than the other options in the poll...

Montana State was terrible... enough said. That was the worst CU game I had ever attended... until last sunday. There's no excuse for losing to Montana State, but it was Hawks first game, and after we beat OU in 07 I considered this to be made up for...

CSU 09 was the worst. Nothing is as bad as watching the sheep come in and beat the Buffs in Boulder. After watching their fans storm our field and stomp on our logo, I said, yup, we are witnessing the lowest point in CU history... which could be true. There is no excuse for us losing to these guys. Cody Hawkins is a terrible QB. He might be a great kid, but he has no business in the big 12...

To me it either has to be CSU 09 or Montana State...

Drake just doesn't work for me, because CU was not yet an established program, and most of all, I wasn't around to see that...

Texas is pretty embarassing, but I did not expect to win that game at all. I knew it would be a blowout. Not as bad as it was, but still. I had zero expectations for that game, and I was so happy to know Barnett would probably be gone after it that it took away some of the sting. Hah, now I miss Barnett... funny how that works out.

NU 05 is really bad too... but, better than the other options in the poll...

Montana State was terrible... enough said. That was the worst CU game I had ever attended... until last sunday. There's no excuse for losing to Montana State, but it was Hawks first game, and after we beat OU in 07 I considered this to be made up for...

CSU 09 was the worst. Nothing is as bad as watching the sheep come in and beat the Buffs in Boulder. After watching their fans storm our field and stomp on our logo, I said, yup, we are witnessing the lowest point in CU history... which could be true. There is no excuse for us losing to these guys. Cody Hawkins is a terrible QB. He might be a great kid, but he has no business in the big 12...

CU wasn't an established program during Drake? CU was among the best in the nation for much of the 70's and 3 years removed from a Big 8 championship when we first lost to Drake.

When we lost to Drake the first time, we were three years removed from a Big 8 championship and Orange Bowl appearance. We fell very hard, very fast.

yup.

I went with the 30-3 Nebraska loss. Having the student section evicted is as embarrassing as it gets, imo.

i vote 30-3 for the student thing but also that Barney was very puffed up in public about how we were going to (basically) run 'em off the field all through the off-week and game week.

for honorable mention, i give you the Bloodbath Trilogy. the bye-week of the hardest hitting football practice Barnett has ever seen. riding the Bloodbath and our renewed physicality, we go to Baylor and lose (when they were truly awful). 4th down and the 1 yard line to put the game away, we hand off sideways to Calhoun and some slow developing trap play that BU stuffs. they go 99 yards for the winning score.

Back