What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most exciting games

Your'e right about the 36 - 30 score before the field goal.
I disagree with the garbage time, Applewhite was carving us up like a hot knife through butter. There were 31 seconds left after the score to make it 39 - 37. We got the onsides kick. Which all goes back to Flores kick, GB on TV right after the game said his "kicker bailed him out".

Ahh, yes. Texas lost the game, CU did not win it. You sure you're really a Buff fan?

Ahh, yes. Texas lost the game, CU did not win it. You sure you're really a Buff fan?
CU was ahead when the game ended, they won - that's all that matters. It was a great game, contested right up to the onsides kick with seconds left. Neither team controlled the game, we won the Big 12 WTF else do you want?

Of all the games I've attended (a lowly 10:wow:, wow that's depressing) the 05 CSU, WVU, and 07 CSU games were the most exciting to me. WVU is #1 tho. Rushing the field is FTW

'94 Miracle in MI. I was sitting in the end zone maybe 25-30 yards from where Westbrook caught the ball. I was thinking before the play that it was too far for KS to throw the ball and what a depressing evening it was going to be in Ann Arbor. The ball looked like it was coming right at me and I saw it get tipped in the air. I was screaming my head off before he ever hit the ground. I have a tape of the game and I'm shown on TV right at the end partying around a CU flag.

'95 or '96 at CSU. Skippy's first or second season we crushed them. My buddy AVBuff and I decided we'd get hammered and go sit in the student section. It didn't last long. After another CU TD we started cheering (very loudly) and figured we better get the hell out of there as the home folks were pissed. Lamb fan doesn't have a sense of humor, apparently. Couldn't blame them, though. We were pretty obnoxious.

'90 at kNu. I wasn't there, but remember the cold, pouring rain and EB kept fumbling the ball. He stepped it up, though in the 4th and CU kicked their ass. I will never forget the CU fans who were there singing "We don't live in Lincoln". Best smack ever!

'91 Orange Bowl-National Champs: "I see a flag, Dick". Thank God. That would have been "Buckner-esk" to have lost the game after Rocket took the punt back. What was Mac thinking even kicking it to him? Get off the ego trip about your special teams and kick the ****ing ball out of bounds.

CU was ahead when the game ended, they won - that's all that matters. It was a great game, contested right up to the onsides kick with seconds left. Neither team controlled the game, we won the Big 12 WTF else do you want?

CU was ahead 29-10, and 36-17, and never trailed after taking a 10-7 lead... Control my friend.

I have so many good memories of that game, but Purify had about a 50 yard run down near the goal line on a 98G call, for which Gary Danielson exclaimed "Look at these holes!"

Last edited:
Most exciting one I have been at would have to be the 2001 Nu game. Just hoarse for a week after that game and my calves hurt from jumping up and down for what seemed like hours.

I was living in Cali for the Michigan game; I had it on pay per view and my wife and I were standing up ready to leave to go do something after the last pass. I screamed and shouted and jumped up and down and yelled some more--- finally heard knocking on the door and had concerned neighbors wondering if all was ok at our apartment.:smile2:

CU was ahead 29-10, and 36-17, and never trailed after taking a 10-7 lead... Control my friend.

I have so many good memories of that game, but Purify had about a 50 yard run down near the goal line on a 98G call, for which Gary Danielson exclaimed "Look at these holes!"
Flores kick won the game - end of story. Barnett said that after the game before he left the playing field on national tv.
Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Texas............... 7 10 3 17 - 37 Record: (10-2,7-1)
Colorado............ 7 22 7 3 - 39 Record: (10-2,7-1)
Remember Applewhite didn't really play until the 2nd half, when Texas outscored CU 20 -10. We won the game, that's all that matters, but to say it wasn't close is bull $hit.

Last edited:
Flores kick won the game - end of story. Barnett said that after the game before he left the playing field on national tv.
Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Texas............... 7 10 3 17 - 37 Record: (10-2,7-1)
Colorado............ 7 22 7 3 - 39 Record: (10-2,7-1)
Remember Applewhite didn't really play until the 2nd half, when Texas outscored CU 20 -10. We won the game, that's all that matters, but to say it wasn't close is bull $hit.

I know CU won by 3, and it felt close, but when the FG happened the game was over, late garbage TD and failed onsides kick notwithstanding.

Here are some stats:

CU rushing 53-223
Time of Possession CU 35:09 UT 24:51

Also, it was 36-23 with roughly 9 minutes left, before Barnett tried the fake punt pass. Don't buy into the UT mystique too much - we physically pounded them that game.

I've always wanted to make a t-shirt that says "I messed with Texas and all I got was the Big XII Championship."

I know CU won by 3, and it felt close, but when the FG happened the game was over, late garbage TD and failed onsides kick notwithstanding.

Here are some stats:

CU rushing 53-223
Time of Possession CU 35:09 UT 24:51

Also, it was 36-23 with roughly 9 minutes left, before Barnett tried the fake punt pass. Don't buy into the UT mystique too much - we physically pounded them that game.

I've always wanted to make a t-shirt that says "I messed with Texas and all I got was the Big XII Championship."
If Flores had missed the kick the last Texas score would have won the game, and why would GB on national tv immediately after the game in the onfield interview say "my kicker bailed me out"? For the record - I can't stand most Texans. I remember skiing at Winter Park when I was a student at CU, and they were all drunk and shooting off their mouths about how wonderful it is to live in Texas. I have spent alot of time in Houston and Dallas. You can give both of them back to Mexico as far as I'm concerned. Come to think of it - with all the illegals - it has already happened.

If Flores had missed the kick the last Texas score would have won the game, and why would GB on national tv immediately after the game in the onfield interview say "my kicker bailed me out"? For the record - I can't stand most Texans. I remember skiing at Winter Park when I was a student at CU, and they were all drunk and shooting off their mouths about how wonderful it is to live in Texas. I have spent alot of time in Houston and Dallas. You can give both of them back to Mexico as far as I'm concerned. Come to think of it - with all the illegals - it has already happened.

By both you mean Dallas and Houston, not Texas and Colorado, right?:smile:

Texas was and always has been part of Mexico, just because the borders were redrawn on a map didnt mean the population already living there changed, BTW. Mexico is slowly just proving their claim. :lol:

By both you mean Dallas and Houston, not Texas and Colorado, right?:smile:

Texas was and always has been part of Mexico, just because the borders were redrawn on a map didnt mean the population already living there changed, BTW. Mexico is slowly just proving their claim. :lol:
Make that the entire state of Texas, except for Austin - which is a pretty cool place to have fun.

Back