What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Moten suspended indefinitely by CU

They are not required to make an arrest of the male. They should have arrested the female, as she was clearly the aggressor and she started the physical violence.

But it sounds like she was the complaining witness and said she was physically injured in the incident. I don't think the police had much choice.

But it sounds like she was the complaining witness and said she was physically injured in the incident. I don't think the police had much choice.

Credibility and common sense have no place in law enforcement.

No, they do have a choice. There is no law that states the reporting party will get off free because she's the one who called.

They were called to a disturbance. The female slaps a male, who shoves her away from him. The female was the aggressor. If anyone goes to jail, it should be the aggressor, regardless if its a male or female or the reporting party or the original "suspect."

The aggressor goes to jail.

No, they do have a choice. There is no law that states the reporting party will get off free because she's the one who called.

They were called to a disturbance. The female slaps a male, who shoves her away from him. The female was the aggressor. If anyone goes to jail, it should be the aggressor, regardless if its a male or female or the reporting party or the original "suspect."

the key was teh reporting of "pain". That triggers the DV laws, which require an arrest.

the key was teh reporting of "pain". That triggers the DV laws, which require an arrest.

A slap to the face causes "pain", but a man is less likely to say "the slap hurt me" without being explained of the full situation. Arrest the aggressor, the one who started the physicality.

A slap to the face causes "pain", but a man is less likely to say "the slap hurt me" without being explained of the full situation. Arrest the aggressor, the one who started the physicality.

agreed. doesn't mean the cops weren't bound by the law to do what it says. Even if they think its bull****.

The law states an arrest is mandatory. Who to arrest is still the officer's discretion.
the one who caused the reported "pain" sort of determines the arrest. Plus, there is the fact that who is gonna arrest a FB player for getting beat by his GF?>

:lol: Not to pick on you, but I came to this thread after posting in the Al/Kanavis thread. So, why are Al/Kanavis guilty until they can prove their innocence and Moten is innocent until proven guilty? It seems to me that you have judged both on how the stories were presented.

The woman should be jailed and moten should play. Women have gotten the benefit too many times in instances like these.

the one who caused the reported "pain" sort of determines the arrest. Plus, there is the fact that who is gonna arrest a FB player for getting beat by his GF?>

There are way too many holes in that argument of yours. If a guy charges his brother with a knife, but get's a fist to the face instead that "causes pain", who goes to jail?

Self-defense is still self-defense, regardless of whether or not it caused oain. Moten was slapped, so he created distance between himself and the aggressor. From the article, (while realizing there could be more to the story) he should NOT have been arrested. I work in law enforcement, by the way.

:lol: Not to pick on you, but I came to this thread after posting in the Al/Kanavis thread. So, why are Al/Kanavis guilty until they can prove their innocence and Moten is innocent until proven guilty? It seems to me that you have judged both on how the stories were presented.

I read what I have in front of me, and make an opinion based on what I have read. To me, logic points to Kanavis likely taking money. To me, logic points to Moten getting screwed.

If you don't like that, go suck down another glass of Dan Hawkins kool-aid.

Back