What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mountain Lion on CU Campus

Oooh, here's one that satisfies nitwit and ignorant. Pretty sure intolerant and bigoted have already been addressed in this thread as well. Fatuous, well, maybe I've still got work to do there.

I am intolerant of stupidity, and big mouths that dont back anything they say up. Would that be you? That must be what you are referring to. When you dress your pets up are you practicing to be a pageant mom?

damn I would have loved to see a cougar roaming around Kitt during the days I lived there. Especially the ones with big fakies.

cougar2.jpg

I am intolerant of stupidity, and big mouths that dont back anything they say up. Would that be you? That must be what you are referring to. When you dress your pets up are you practicing to be a pageant mom?
:lol:. Freud loves you. Anyways, I'm sorry you find putting a CU bandanna on a dog to be so offensive. Maybe I can find a picture of my dog in her glow in the dark Halloween costume back when she was puppy. That you should find extremely offensive.

So only beautiful animals deserve to live? Ugly ones are just there to be eaten? Is that what you're saying??

You are an uglyist, that's what you are.
No, what I'm saying is there's not a hell of alot of them left, just like the eagle. So why deep fry an eagle when you can eat chicken.

damn I would have loved to see a cougar roaming around Kitt during the days I lived there. Especially the ones with big fakies.

cougar2.jpg

You know you're getting old when somebody posts a picture of a cougar, and she could be the same age as your daughter.

:lol:. Freud loves you. Anyways, I'm sorry you find putting a CU bandanna on a dog to be so offensive. Maybe I can find a picture of my dog in her glow in the dark Halloween costume back when she was puppy. That you should find extremely offensive.

You already posted it, you sick bitch.

images

You know you're getting old when somebody posts a picture of a cougar, and she could be the same age as your daughter.

I think that girl is more of a puma than a cougar. But with botox and all that stuff, who knows.

No, what I'm saying is there's not a hell of alot of them left, just like the eagle. So why deep fry an eagle when you can eat chicken.

I disagree. One of the surest paths to guarantee the survival of a species is to put it on the menu at McDonalds.

One order of California Condor McNuggets, please.

cougar2.jpg

It was parents weekend last weekend against WSU. So not surprised if there might still Be a few cougars roaming around given those two circumstances.

Anybody who kills a beautiful animal like that for meat is an idiot. Just leave him alone, he doesn't want anything to do with humans.

ya, because the Boulder area mt. lion population is high and they hurt deer herd numbers. Doesn't hurt to kill a kitty or two every now and again.

its the eye of the tiger its the thrill of the fight risin up to the challenge of our rivals!!!

Is it uncommon up there to see mountain lion? I saw one out here at my house a few months ago about 50 yards away from my front porch. My son's dumbass dog went to chase it. I was just thinking how lucky he was that cat took off, it would have tore him a new asshole. The population of them here is decent, im not really sure on that tho. Ive seen a few, only one out here, the rest when I was out in the field working.

I've lived here my entire life (save for a month or two here and there) and I've never seen one in the wild.

ya, because the Boulder area mt. lion population is high and they hurt deer herd numbers. Doesn't hurt to kill a kitty or two every now and again.

They hurt deer numbers? :lol: You mean they eat what they were designed to eat? Predators don't overpopulate areas unless the prey is plentiful enough to do so.

Just tell me you aren't one of those pussies that goes out hunting for mountain lions with a pack of dogs and trees the poor bastard then shoots it. Please tell me you aren't that guy leash.

You haven't been up near Olde Stage lately if you think the deer population is hurting. Lots of big kitties up there, and more than enough deer for them to eat.

They hurt deer numbers? :lol: You mean they eat what they were designed to eat? Predators don't overpopulate areas unless the prey is plentiful enough to do so.

Just tell me you aren't one of those pussies that goes out hunting for mountain lions with a pack of dogs and trees the poor bastard then shoots it. Please tell me you aren't that guy leash.

I've never hunted Mountain Lions, but I would in a heartbeat. Their population is not hurting. There is a reason there are unlimited licenses to hunt kitties. PLease don't tell me you are the PETA type wabbit, please tell me you aren't that guy.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting...Plans/Pages/PopulationManagementDAUPlans.aspx

http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publications/Popular/mtnlions.html

Last edited:
I've lived here my entire life (save for a month or two here and there) and I've never seen one in the wild.

Most people dont. They are mainly nocturnal and very ninja like. I can promise you that a lion has seen you in the outdoors before though, especially if you've done much outdoors stuff along the front range from Ft. Collins to the Springs.

Most people dont. They are mainly nocturnal and very ninja like. I can promise you that a lion has seen you in the outdoors before though, especially if you've done much outdoors stuff along the front range from Ft. Collins to the Springs.
I saw one once. For a second. Scared the **** out of me.

Here is a very good research article on how bad mountain lions can decimate deer and livestock herds and why hunting them for population control is good. Covers the main things like overpopulation, diseases, and how much deer meat a lion will consume AND WASTE per day.

http://www.aws.vcn.com/mountain_lion_fact_sheet.html

Again, if you think there is a shortage of deer in the hills to the north and west of Boulder, you haven't spent much time up there. There are deer everywhere. They just wander through people's yards, eat shrubs, eat grass, etc.

Again, if you think there is a shortage of deer in the hills to the north and west of Boulder, you haven't spent much time up there. There are deer everywhere. They just wander through people's yards, eat shrubs, eat grass, etc.

I know there are deer there, thats why there are mountain lions there. Mountain lions still kill more deer than they need to. And they kill a lof just for consumption.

This is a key part of the article, take note of short term and long term benifits.

The mountain lion population is increasing over most of its current range. This is due to two factors:

1. Food availability.

2. Lack of predator control. This population increase has a short-term benefit, but could create long-term problems.

The short-term benefit is that with more lions around, perhaps more people will have the pleasure of seeing them. The long-term problems are:

1. Decline in wild game populations due to uncontrolled predation.

2. Economic hardship - loss of hunting revenue, increase of livestock and pet losses.

3. Spread of disease by predators.

4. Attacks on humans.

Decline of wild game populations: In Presidio County, Texas, near the Rio Grande River, deer were found everywhere ten years ago. In those ten years, the lion population has increased dramatically. Today, there are areas where no deer can be found that were plentiful just a few years ago. Lion predation is a major factor in the deer decline.

Back