What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MTM injures ACL again

If I recall correctly, this was a problem last year with players going down in practice. I hope they address this before it happens again.

If I recall correctly, this was a problem last year with players going down in practice. I hope they address this before it happens again.

Miller and Stewart went down in games and I´d argue Ryan Miller was the costliest injury we had last season. Miller´s injury was only made worsr by the fact we´d lost MTM for the season only a few days earlier.

Injured during conditioning... makes you wonder about those weightlifting viedos going around a few months ago...

If this happens more and more often then there is NO doubt in my mind it's due to:

1. Adding too much mass when the tendon and ligaments around the joint aren't strong enough. Unlike adding muscle, adding strength to these areas takes much more time and effort. This doesn't have to happen, but if you put on too much mass before your body is ready....

2. ****ty squatting. The cleans in the video were horrendous, but quarter squats put a lot of strain on the knee and it doesn't help that the ROM doesn't help strengthen a ligament/tendon. I definitely feel different when I quarter squat more weight than I should versus when I go ass to grass on a heavy, but lighter weight (but still struggle since the ROM is much greater). My knees take a beating on the former and are fine on the latter.

Back