1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mustain to USC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hank, May 22, 2007.

1. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I thought this was old news? Or is it just now official?

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Quitter.

He at least should have gone to The U. The forrest of QBs at 'SC is crowded. No one really has a lock on it at Miami. I think he'd have seen the field faster down there.

Rumor has it that when his HS coach, who was hired as OC to get Mustain, quit or was forced out. At that point Mustain decided to walk away. Other rumors include Nutt promising a pass oriented spread offense then decided to go back to a run oriented offense.

4. BuffaloScott

BuffaloScott Member

****, if I had McFadden in the backfield I think I would have a run oriented offense too.

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Great move for Mustain. USC is a QB pipeline.

Nutt is the biggest loser here, and it's the beginning of the end for him.

6. MiamiBuffs

Reading between the lines the theory is that Nutt promised a pass oriented offense while recruiting Mustain and put the icing on it by hiring his HSHC. Then, after they both got there he changed his tune. The point here is this; Nutt likely changed his tune after both men had commited. I find it quite ironic that they both left after one season especially with Mustain being the entenched starter.

I think Mustain wanted to pass a lot more than run. He likely has the NFL in his sights and he wants to put up big numbers. In reality, having McFaden would have made him more balanced and opened up the deep ball because the defense will always fear that McFaden will run and thus they will play up most of the time. Mustain will have better tutors at SC and probably shades of the same problem.

7. MiamiBuffs

We'll see. The guru isn't there anymore nor is his replacement. Thats a lot of turnover. Caroll knows how to find and hire good coaches so everything will probably be fine. I still sense a slight dropoff in offensive production since Chow left. Their best year was the year before Leinart graduated.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Yeah. Even the backups get drafted.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Has anyone seen his parent's new home in San Diego? Gawd, I hate usc! They must have "photos" of every big shot in the NCAA, the cheating ****s.

10. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Did some searches and could not find anything on the parents house. Any pictures?

This is the reason I don't like the talk about going to the Pac-10. Now we have to compete with big dawgs in fairly ininteresting states like Tejas, OK and Nubraskie.

Compared to trying to compete with SoCal and the money (under the table--we all know it is there)......I'll prefer to take on the fusk heads.

11. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

If I was a stud qb hoping to make the NFL, I'd go play for Tedford.

12. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think that's more accurate.