What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MWC C-USA FB only merger?

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
according to the local fishwrap DP, Craig Thompson is expolring just such a merger. I guess a non-AQ superconference is better than a non-AQ conference. Of course, I take it with a grain of salt, it ithe DP after all, and the story was written by John Henderson, so FWIW...

Heard the same yesterday. Speculation there was each of the 2 conferences would crown a champion with the winners going up against each other for a BCS spot. It´d be a 22-24 team conference.

So is the goal to be the first "super conference" and force the NCAA to recognize and give a spot in any playoff?

This is like the merger of Sears and Kmart. Let's take a pile of crap and merge it with another pile of crap, so we can have a bigger pile of crap. A bigger pile of crap is more attractive than a smaller one right? Makes a lot of sense. Also, DBT may have something to say on this now.

This is like the merger of Sears and Kmart. Let's take a pile of crap and merge it with another pile of crap, so we can have a bigger pile of crap. A bigger pile of flaming crap is more attractive than a smaller one right? Makes a lot of sense. Also, DBT may have something to say on this now.

Signed,

Nebraska

Heard the same yesterday. Speculation there was each of the 2 conferences would crown a champion with the winners going up against each other for a BCS spot. It´d be a 22-24 team conference.

i think this is a decent option for them. it actually ought to be about 32 of the also-ran teams vying for 1 bcs spot, however. although i'd still grumble that some scrub team played a weak ass conference schedule and still got a bcs slot, at least it would be the best scrub team of 32. you'd have the 8 team division winners face off in semi- and then final game with the champ getting a bcs bid.

Back