What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My breakdown of the Buffs Season

They picked you to beat Baylor, Tex. Tech and Iowa State.
Your non conf wins are exactly what I picked...Colorado State and Miami OH...yes, SJ is wrong

In all honesty I hope ya'll do better non conf....Big 12 gettin a bad rap lately for losing non conf games (Nebraska being right there with ya) :S

They LOVE to **** all over the North

Last edited:
And here's my breakdown of Nebraska's season.

Nevada: W
@ Wake Forest: L
USC: L
Ball St: W
Iowa St: W
@ Missouri: L
Oklahoma St: W
Texas A&M: W
@ Texas: L
@ Kansas: W
Kansas St: W
@ Colorado: L

If NU loses to Colorado this season I will put a Buffs avatar up!!!! You wanna take that bet??? We can hash out your side of it if you want to. :thumbsup:

If NU loses to Colorado this season I will put a Buffs avatar up!!!! You wanna take that bet??? We can hash out your side of it if you want to. :thumbsup:

See this is my biggest pet peave with Nebraska fans right now. THey think they are untouchable by Colorado. Colorado was in the game of EVERY SINGLE GAME LAST YEAR and the reason that we lost so much (especially to the more talented teams like UGA, OU, and NU), was because we had a poor offense and our defense ran out of gas. Colorado was not as bad as their record last year and this year the BUffs will have an improved offense. Nerbaska lost basically their entire D-line. Nebraska is still too mediocre of a football program to be untouchable by the buffs who will bring it to them. Remember, three seasons ago it was the buffs who sent the huskers home for the holidays.

That is all, I get the sense that NU fans think the buffs are an easy W again, actually I hope you keep thinking that and I hope the fusker team thinks that. Because the buffs will bring it, and Hawk will be ready for the trickery thi time around. NU is not that great to say that it is a gaurantee W against the buffs.

See this is my biggest pet peave with Nebraska fans right now. THey think they are untouchable by Colorado. Colorado was in the game of EVERY SINGLE GAME LAST YEAR and the reason that we lost so much (especially to the more talented teams like UGA, OU, and NU), was because we had a poor offense and our defense ran out of gas. Colorado was not as bad as their record last year and this year the BUffs will have an improved offense. Nerbaska lost basically their entire D-line. Nebraska is still too mediocre of a football program to be untouchable by the buffs who will bring it to them. Remember, three seasons ago it was the buffs who sent the huskers home for the holidays.

That is all, I get the sense that NU fans think the buffs are an easy W again, actually I hope you keep thinking that and I hope the fusker team thinks that. Because the buffs will bring it, and Hawk will be ready for the trickery thi time around. NU is not that great to say that it is a gaurantee W against the buffs.

I dont think it will be an "easy W", but it should be a W. I dont think any non-biased person would take CU in the game at this point. I think people are a little pumped up on the preseason kool aid right now.

I dont think it will be an "easy W", but it should be a W. I dont think any non-biased person would take CU in the game at this point. I think people are a little pumped up on the preseason kool aid right now.

Understandably, but if I took my black and gold glasses off and studied how the buffs were last year and then see the progress of the offense in fall camp this year compared to last on offense, then I would say the Buffs are set to win many more games this season.

Understandably, but if I took my black and gold glasses off and studied how the buffs were last year and then see the progress of the offense in fall camp this year compared to last on offense, then I would say the Buffs are set to win many more games this season.

I agree, just not the NU game :smile2::wink2:

I am still nervous that the coaching staff is unproven on game day. Even given the poor play last year they made some questionable calls. I want to chalk it up to the fact that they were unable to install as much of the offense as they wanted to but I want to see proof.

My outlook for this year is upbeat but still tentative. No predictions until I see that first game.

Yes, I a wrong. I forgot we have 4 ooc games now.
you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

Oklahoma-LOSS
Too much talent, too much power. Stoops is gonna coast through this one.

I don't disagree with the Loss, but I doubt it will be a coast game. Last year in Norman the score going into the 4th Quarter was 10-0. I expect a close loss for the Buffs based on the fact CU will be better offensively than last year and stronger. Couple that with the fact it is a home game and OU is still a little questionable at QB, I think it will be again close going into the 4th quarter.

lets the Sooners had a last year, that never really played QB in college, switched to WR and came back and played QB and did a pretty decent job winning the South and the Big XII last year. This year we have 3 QBs, two of which, Nichols and Bradford, that could compete and start for quite a few 1A schools this year. I am not to worried about the QB play of the Sooners.

oh and btw, there has only been one school that has wan a MNC with a freshman playing QB. If the Sooners win it all this year this wont change, it will be the same school twice.

lets the Sooners had a last year, that never really played QB in college, switched to WR and came back and played QB and did a pretty decent job winning the South and the Big XII last year. This year we have 3 QBs, two of which, Nichols and Bradford, that could compete and start for quite a few 1A schools this year. I am not to worried about the QB play of the Sooners.

oh and btw, there has only been one school that has wan a MNC with a freshman playing QB. If the Sooners win it all this year this wont change, it will be the same school twice.

fGe_care-o-meter.gif

Well, after four quarters, the Buffs were exactly as bad as their record shows last year. However, after three wuaters, the Buffs were way better than their record showed, for the exact reason you specified. Think how much more gas the D would have had if the O could have sustained even one drive per quarter that ended up even in field goals? Add another 12 points per game and give the D 15-20 more minutes of rest? That would have been a much, much different outcome to the season. My personal feelings on why Hawk wnet for it on 4th down so much when we were way within Crosby's FG range was not that we needed the 7 points over the 3, but because he wanted the first down so the D could get more rest before heading back out.

OU was decent last year (won the B12, right?) and we played there, and was trailing 10-0 in the begining of the 4th. With no O and tired D. What will it be this year at CU with alot more offense, a not-as-tired defense on the home field? I don't count this as an automatic loss like alot of you guys are. I think you could count FSU or ASU as a more automatic loss, simply because we know we have some playmakers as true freshmen, and their lack of experience will be more easily exploited early in the season, and will have tons of more playing time even in 3 additional weeks. And will be almost seasoned veterans by the time NU rolls into town.

I know that the Buffs are far from back, but I can see things improving and better players committing to CU (when was the lst time you heard of a 3 star committing to CU and thought 'Man, he is only a three star, shouldn't we wait to see if we can get a 4 or 5 star in his place?'). I love Cody's leadership, we really need that right now. I love BJ's athleticism, and his 'I will play where the team needs me' attitude. Right now I nomiate him for the 'Buff Heart' award for this year. He has always had his dream of being a QB, but has always gone where they wanted him to go for the sake of being a team player. I love commits that come in sold on Coach Hawk. And I am excited because I feel the team, regardless of this years record, is going in the right direction for the first time in a very long time.

I pretty much just expounded on what Unleash said, but him and I are both fired for the season at this point. Too bad Maddie, Mrs FIB and I are all down with a virus--I realy wanted to go today to the scrimmage.:sad1:

I agree, just not the NU game :smile2::wink2:

So you are conceeding the CSU game already? Well, maybe you aren't as dumb as your stories make you sound....:wink2:

Just found out that my father-in-law had been planning on me going with him to the game while mother-in-law stays with Mrs. FIB (who will NOT go to the Invesco games and deal with all the drunk CSU kids aymore) and Maddie. So I will have to find out where the Sacky tailgate is and get there early, since JP likes to get up early anyway.:thumbsup:

i tend to agree. though, go read an aTm board and they are apoplectic they can't beat Tech. Leach is a real thorn in the side of the Aggies.

Well, Aggy should be scared of going to Lubbock this year. The last time they were there, it got ugly. Pretty funny though because they're more convinced they can beat UT than Tech right now.

I understand your point and where you are coming from but I'm not chalking it up as an easy W at all...I just think based on talent and last year so that's my prediction.

Sorry UBT, but since this is a Buff board, I thought that that picture should come from someone that is a Buff supporter...hehehehe:thumbsup::wink2::lol:

its cool, I dont discuss OU until someone else on the board discusses the team, unlike other so-called fans on here that think ****braska, stinkoln and that team are the center of the college football universe and every college football board needs to know that. that would be like me going to a whorn board and posting about OU, or coming hear and posting about OU football players, practice, scrimmages and such. it just isnt going to happen. CU and their fans will find out about OU the last Saturday in Sept. this year 1st hand.... :smile2:

CU and their fans will find out about OU the last Saturday in Sept. this year 1st hand.... :smile2:

:huh: he is getting really close to the skiboot. really effing close. **** that ****tard! sacky, BAN HIM from sackygate. make him sit his ass away from all buffs if he thinks he is better than us! :thumbsup:

we don't need his stinking ribs, anyway! :lol:

i think fc should also lay down the law that NO OU SHIRT sits in HIS SEATS that day. BUFF SHIRTS only! bwahahahaha!

:huh: he is getting really close to the skiboot. really effing close. **** that ****tard! sacky, BAN HIM from sackygate. make him sit his ass away from all buffs if he thinks he is better than us! :thumbsup:

we don't need his stinking ribs, anyway! :lol:

i think fc should also lay down the law that NO OU SHIRT sits in HIS SEATS that day. BUFF SHIRTS only! bwahahahaha!

:smile2:

he aint planning on wearing crimson and ****ing cream is he?

if so, the price of his seat just went up...

he aint planning on wearing crimson and ****ing cream is he?

if so, the price of his seat just went up...

keep raising the price rita spiller...... not only wearing crimson and ****ing creme, but those "blue hairs" around you are going to get a real dose of Boomer "mutha****in" Sooner..... :wink2: :lol:

keep raising the price rita spiller...... not only wearing crimson and ****ing creme, but those "blue hairs" around you are going to get a real dose of Boomer "mutha****in" Sooner..... :wink2: :lol:

heh heh...well i usually reserve my piss balloons for the fuskers...but i may make an exception in your case...

1. the ****tard will be wearing a green john deere tee shirt, and some overalls. everyone will get the point that he does not support cu.

3. i shall bring duct tape to the game. might i remind you, dearest ubt, that you are a GUEST and you will use your best guest skills or you will wish you had.

3. the only people i know who spell the word "cream" like you just did are kinda pouffy. seriously. everyone else gets it right. even a google search using that pouffy spelling returns several examples of people using the correct spelling its not the way you spelled it!

1. the ****tard will be wearing a green john deere tee shirt, and some overalls. everyone will get the point that he does not support cu.

3. i shall bring duct tape to the game. might i remind you, dearest ubt, that you are a GUEST and you will use your best guest skills or you will wish you had.

3. the only people i know who spell the word "cream" like you just did are kinda pouffy. seriously. everyone else gets it right. even a google search using that pouffy spelling returns several examples of people using the correct spelling its not the way you spelled it!

. the ****tard will be wearing a green john deere tee shirt, and some overalls. everyone will get the point that he does not support cu.
F*king Hillbillies! :smile2:

now thats funny.:rofl:

funny..... then go back and find how many threads I have started about OU, the team or players. Then compare that to the number of threads fuskers trolls, as yourself, come on here and started threads about the little pinks of the Big XII north, the team and players.....

dig it.... :thumbsup:

i agree with ubt. the resident huskers here are so embittered by OU it's kind of funny. they get really irrational, really fast.

as far as "creme" goes, i figgered ubt was a pastry chef or something. :smile2:

i agree with ubt. the resident huskers here are so embittered by OU it's kind of funny. they get really irrational, really fast.

as far as "creme" goes, i figgered ubt was a pastry chef or something. :smile2:

nope just a guy who like to fish for bass and way back when, some of the first soft plastics were "creme worms" and I have been spelling creme this way ever since....

I'm just a ****ing hillbilly cook, not a chef....:thumbsup::smile2:

funny..... then go back and find how many threads I have started about OU, the team or players. Then compare that to the number of threads fuskers trolls, as yourself, come on here and started threads about the little pinks of the Big XII north, the team and players.....

dig it.... :thumbsup:

its cool, I dont discuss OU until someone else on the board discusses the team, unlike other so-called fans on here that think ****braska, stinkoln and that team are the center of the college football universe and every college football board needs to know that. that would be like me going to a whorn board and posting about OU, or coming hear and posting about OU football players, practice, scrimmages and such. it just isnt going to happen. CU and their fans will find out about OU the last Saturday in Sept. this year 1st hand.... :smile2:

so now its threads started about ou? my how convenient.... silly me I thought we were talking about tossing in irrelevant ou refs all the time, my bad.

Back