What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Breaking Point

Okay, I'll go.

I've beaten up on a couple of new posters. BB2. He strung together about 30+ consecutive posts in which he described how much Greg Brown sucks, but never in a new way. It was repetitive without substance. So I called him out. He's now gone on to listing things without much insight or substance, but I don't beat him up as much, because he's at least trying a little.

On his 15th post on this site Aeroxx called out Buff fans for calling each other names. Okay, you're the new guy on an established site. Maybe you should try to assimilate a little before pointing fingers. And maybe that's the attitude that frustrates you, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask folks to understand an existing dynamic before accusing anybody of anything. Okay, so guilty but not apologetic on that one.

pabuff similarly arrived, told everybody to stay focused on topic and casually dropped that he doesn't have time to sort through our banter because he has very important meetings to attend. Again, I'm guilty of piling on, but remain unapologetic.

But if a poster shows up, tries to contribute to the dialogue without being judgmental, he/she gets love from nearly everybody but Rugged, and he can't help himself.

And I back to an earlier point. If new folks don't like the banter, then maybe this isn't a great site for them to frequent. In your opinion should Allbuffs change its character to accommodate anybody who has an interest in CU athletics?

You linked a thread with 139 posts so no, I still don't know what exactly you are trying to say. I'm fine talking ****, but you're going to have to communicate better.
MattSlapped!

Oh wait, I'm new the to the internet...tell me how it works...I mean, seems weird you guys were the only guys here...if you guys run the show here, let me know who's king?!

You're not very good at conversations.

Okay, I'll go.

I've beaten up on a couple of new posters. BB2. He strung together about 30+ consecutive posts in which he described how much Greg Brown sucks, but never in a new way. It was repetitive without substance. So I called him out. He's now gone on to listing things without much insight or substance, but I don't beat him up as much, because he's at least trying a little.

On his 15th post on this site Aeroxx called out Buff fans for calling each other names. Okay, you're the new guy on an established site. Maybe you should try to assimilate a little before pointing fingers. And maybe that's the attitude that frustrates you, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask folks to understand an existing dynamic before accusing anybody of anything. Okay, so guilty but not apologetic on that one.

pabuff similarly arrived, told everybody to stay focused on topic and casually dropped that he doesn't have time to sort through our banter because he has very important meetings to attend. Again, I'm guilty of piling on, but remain unapologetic.

But if a poster shows up, tries to contribute to the dialogue without being judgmental, he/she gets love from nearly everybody but Rugged, and he can't help himself.

And I back to an earlier point. If new folks don't like the banter, then maybe this isn't a great site for them to frequent. In your opinion should Allbuffs change its character to accommodate anybody who has an interest in CU athletics?

Whut do you want, what would make you guys happey?
I think we've already clearly defined personality or content. I'm hoping for either.

ps: It is spelled "happy".

Here's the thing

you still have a bunch of dorks running a board run by buffnik, and he's the gatekeeper for info, who's still dealing with the other boards who bring in the info

Otherwise, you're all trying to be cool, and funny with the info you do get from other sites

As they say, fish were the last to discover water. As I'm somewhat immersed in Allbuffs culture (in the broadest sense of the word) I'm not necessarily seeing what you are in that thread.

For instance, I saw a solicitation for feedback to help our mods make Allbuffs better. I assumed the title was tongue-in-cheek. Some folks took an opportunity to share what they like about the site, others made posts to explore somewhat peripheral humor and still others chided the Allbuffs community for taking ourselves too seriously.

I didn't see a lot too cool for school. I'm relying on you to tell my what you find most bothersome, because from our relative perspectives we're not seeing the same thing.

you still have a bunch of dorks running a board run by buffnik, and he's the gatekeeper for info, who's still dealing with the other boards who bring in the info

Otherwise, you're all trying to be cool, and funny with the info you do get from other sites
This has nothing to do with our conversation. Why are you headed in this direction?

Okay, I'll go.

Was expecting my name to be listed to be honest :lol:

Good thread though.

I believe earlier you stated something along the lines, "it's just the internet." On that, you and I agree.

This place is what it is. At least it was. I'm not telling anybody to leave, but I would suggest that if the dynamic here upsets you, it might not be worth your time.

Forgive me for offering unsolicited advice.

I just noticed you only have 84 posts, so I shouldn't be involved in this discussion. Once you get that up to 150, I will PM you a short quiz and depending on your grade I will determine the level of communication you may have with me. Sorry for not seeing this earlier.

I just noticed you only have 84 posts, so I shouldn't be involved in this discussion. Once you get that up to 150, I will PM you a short quiz and depending on your grade I will determine the level of communication you may have with me. Sorry for not seeing this earlier.

Your threshold is only 150? Newbie. Mine is 250. How many questions on your quiz?

Mine is 25,000. But you try hanging around this place with only DBT Sacky and Nik to talk to.... :sad1:

I'm out of rep. Is there another way I can appropriately show my respect for your seniority?

p.s. Sorry about the whole DBT thing.

That's fair, but I appreciate the go.

That was my purpose, sorry to piss you guys off in the process.

I'm really not a dick. Creatini is though.

Your threshold is only 150? Newbie. Mine is 250. How many questions on your quiz?

The quiz at 150 is 23 questions, but I only take 4 into account when grading. Only 2 people have ever passed this quiz. Next quiz comes at 500. Similar format, but I don't want to share specifics.

I'm friggin' out...good luck with your civil war.

bben4.jpg

See you in the Pac 12 tourney.

Back