What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Breaking Point

You don't know that you won't agree with my esoteric conversations, that's the point. I have insights too, that haven't annoyed you yet, that I know of. Again, that's the point. Give n00b's a chance. That's all. You could be on Rivals right now, think about that, you should appreciate the filter you do have.

can I ask you a serious question? why don't you post more. You joined in 2005 and have 86 posts. I do that in a week.

OK, I have no problem with the inside jokes (of course I have been around long enough to know most of them so maybe it doesn't count)

I don't have much of a problem with threadjacking although sometimes it happens enough to get a little tedious.

At one point in time I remember we were anxious to have and wanted more posters, now that we do, it seems the board has become somewhat hostile to noobs. Kind of reminds me of high school where new kids that moved in always ended up having to fight somebody so all could know where they fit in "in the pecking order". To me that speaks for itself but it seems unnecessary among adults. Having said that some of the noobs that have joined even in the last two or three years could have shown more respect when they first came on board.

I've never been big on personal attacks. Most everyone here is either college educated or in the process. While some comments here lack forethought and insight I haven't seen anyone on here that is "....ing stoopid" or a "....ing idot" and can't see a reason to call someone that. I like to think I can get a counterpoint across without demeaning someone else, especially a fellow Buff fan. Good natured banter is cool but malicious attacks, no thanks.

This is the first board I tried and the only board I really participate in. I've seen some excellent improvements (no insult to Matt who did an incredible job all by his lonesome) and enjoy the overall experience.

I do miss - UBT, MSBuff, Lady Blaise, Alex, Chilly, and Waylon Von Smack who either have left the board or have been reduced to occasional lurker. I know why at least of couple of them left and they were good posters who made nice contributions to the board. Shame to see them gone or not actively involved.

OK, a whole lot of **** broke out last night while I was out drinking, so I apparently need to clarify some things because either I did a ****** job in the opening post (safe bet) or a hell of a lot of you decided to jump to conclusions and took off sprinting.

In summary: Allbuffs is a good place with mostly good people. But "**** you" is only funny when 96 says it and "**** you Meg" is never funny. "Twatwaffle" was once funny but isn't any longer. "Fishhead" is always funny.
Don't go changin'.

This is the main thing I'm trying to address. If someone is openly trolling, then I expect them to get piled on. But honestly, that doesn't really happen in this board. Rialto made a post in a moment of anger (which isn't, you know, completely out of the ordinary for this board) that got labeled him as a troll. He/She took a lot of **** for it, but moved on. My problem is that it wasn't over with that, and now every time he/she tries to post he has a few of the more dedicated geniuses following him around heckling him -- even on legit posts. That's what I'm trying to stop.

Oh, and "Fishhead" is always going to get rep from me (My gleeb gun is empty right now Wally, so I'll hit you later).

Maybe there's a happy medium?

Wally touches on something I've seen mentioned here before. This is an outlet for fans, so sensorship is kinda taboo. The folks on this board are fans, and these fans have a voice. Sometimes we don't want to hear what they have to say, but ......

This thread alludes to the "ban hammer". While that may be a bit drastic, the threat may be a viable tool (at least for some).

Maybe we need a "ban warning"? Something that says we're gonna snip your access for an hour or two based on "x" criteria? Kinda like the mute in chat. I think our mods could handle that one.

I'd like to point out that you didn't see one mod mention a banhammer. I never threatened it. In the entire time I've been a mod here, I honestly don't think the Junta has banned one non-spam member. As dio posted earlier in this thread, we rarely use it. This thread is about pruning things and how I'm going to delete any posts that are idiotic and along the lines of "Shut the hell up Meg". That's just someone being stupid and it's done.

Everyone's freaking out here like it's the implimentation of some government censorship -- which makes me think that I did a ****** job making my point in the OP. For that I apologize. All I'm doing is I'm trying to get rid of the idiotic **** that I directly quoted in the opening thread. Wally has made several PHENOMENAL posts in this thread that show what AllBuffs is all about. I'm not trying to change it. I realize threadjacks are going to happen, and I'm ok with that. All I'm saying is that I'm going to be getting rid of the "**** you" and "Shut the hell up Meg" posts which are obvious trolling attempts from members who are trying to play it off as if they're witty when they're not.

I don't think it was your post Goose, so much as it was my followup.

I don't think it was your post Goose, so much as it was my followup.

Or some people who shouldn't, taking things a little personally. While others who perhaps should are missing the point.

Because of this thread, for the next year the only way I will discuss CU sports will be through emotional outbursts attacking the players, and MS paints with cupcakes.

The rest of my time I will be filling the football and basketball thread with stupid posts about myself trying my hardest to derail the conversation.

If you want sports news, read ESPN.com. If you want to be ****ed with, go to AllBuffs.com. It's a ****ing message board on the internet, you cannot try to control it, you just have to relax and let it happen.

Because of this thread, for the next year the only way I will discuss CU sports will be through emotional outbursts attacking the players, and MS paints with cupcakes.

The rest of my time I will be filling the football and basketball thread with stupid posts about myself trying my hardest to derail the conversation.

If you want sports news, read ESPN.com. If you want to be ****ed with, go to AllBuffs.com. It's a ****ing message board on the internet, you cannot try to control it, you just have to relax and let it happen.

Sticking with what you do well excellent!

Ok, I think it is pretty clear now that this whole thing is racially driven.

Everyone: Put your race in your signature so we don't have these misunderstandings anymore.

Ok, I think it is pretty clear now that this whole thing is racially driven.

Everyone: Put your race in your signature so we don't have these misunderstandings anymore.

I really don't want to mess with my signature, but for the record my race is the steeplechase...

kids-in-carts.jpg

Its simple. If you are new or a lurker, then if this thread insults you, then this will probably not be the board for you.

Allbuffs is a little like Vegas. We can try to be family friendly and super hosbitable (like Vegas with their family friendly **** in the 90's). But in the end, the true colors are going to come out, and inside jokes and insults are the result. Now both Allbuffs and Vegas are back to what they do best, hookers and blow (the way it should be).

My opinion matters little, anyway. I'm not a mod and I won't be on Allbuffs much longer. My impending departure has nothing to do with this thread, though.

If this is about that restraining order....sorry. it was the next logical step.:smile2:

Yeah, but our dues are only $15/year and being a member doesn't supply us date-rape victims. We still have to do that work on our own.
Can't believe i have to spread some rep before i can NEG rep you. You're rape jokes are old. NOT funny

If this is about that restraining order....sorry. it was the next logical step.:smile2:

Can't believe i have to spread some rep before i can NEG rep you. You're rape jokes are old. NOT funny
Hate/Neg Reps only make him stronger.

I guess reddit is just a collection of pictures from a bunch of other sites. It just seems like the pictures you post in the random pics thread and elsewhere are all what is currently on reddit's front page.

I think the sites I use might use reddit. But they usually cite where they stole them from and it isn't often reddit. The tosh blog gives me a few. Amyoops is another. Cheezburger network gives me most of my stuff. I get why people say I'm a reddit whore. I just think it is funny since I never go on that site.

I think the sites I use might use reddit. But they usually cite where they stole them from and it isn't often reddit. The tosh blog gives me a few. Amyoops is another. Cheezburger network gives me most of my stuff. I get why people say I'm a reddit whore. I just think it is funny since I never go on that site.
reddit whore by proxy, imho

Back