What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My first-hand observations from today's debacle...

BuffAlum2007

Ok, Im back in my hotel room at the Kansas City Airport still trying to fathom the debacle that I traveled halfway across the country to watch...some observations:

1. KU has a magnificent campus - probably my 2nd favorite campus in the Big 12 besides dear old CU...also didn't realize how hilly it is - weird that CU's campus, which sits at the edge of the mountains, is generally flat, but KU's campus, at the edge of the Plains, is pretty hilly...

2. KU has no pregame football atmosphere whatsoever - while there were some tailgaters scattered here and there, it was the weakest tailgating scene I've ever seen at a BCS-conference school - I was surprised that the stadium ended up being mostly full though - I'd guestimate that there were about 42,000 fans in a 50,000 seat stadium, which isn't bad considering how crappy KU has been

3. Hawkins did turn his back on Goodman's FG attempt again - I was watching Hawk while Goodman kicked and he basically strolled up the sideline with his back to Goodman while the kick was going on, and then when he learned it was good, he clapped his hands twice and continued pacing up the sideline - made no attempt to congratulate Goodman as he came off the field...

4. The onside kick KU recovered was bull**** for several reasons - there was at least 1 KU player offsides (and it was pretty blatant) and one of the refs awarded possession extremely prematurely to KU despite there still being a massive scrum for the ball going on - from what I saw, one of our guys (don't remember who) caught the ball initially and then the scrum started...

5. The Clemons fumble was a) one of the dumbest play calls in the history of CU football...I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it unfold - guess its poetic justice that it ended up the way that it did...

6. From what I could tell, P-Rich's catch at the end of the game in the end zone that was ruled incomplete, appeared to be a catch to me at first glance (and it happened fairly close to where i was sitting), though they did not show a replay for it - not sure if he bobbled it or what...

Basically, this is like Chernobyl...CU melted down, I evacuated the area as soon as I could, and I still feel sick right now...doesn't help that we have Homer Simpson at the reactor controls either...

man, i feel for the ones that actually saw this debacle live. Great report man.

yeah really. i guess it could be worse. could have seen it live, in person. thanks for the report. KU does have a nice campus. Allen Field House is surprisingly non-descript from the outside, i've always thought. kind of blah or some strange exterior remodels that leave it barnish in a strip mall kinds of way.

Other than the play, Mrs Lincoln, how was the new Kansas video board?

Other than the play, Mrs Lincoln, how was the new Kansas video board?

:lol: aside from the sun being directly behind and above it for most of the game and thus causing me to risk blindness everytime I looked in its direction, not bad

I was there to also witness this. Fortunately about 1/3 of the KU fans that were there left at half-time including my brother-in-law. The only explanation I can come up with is that the head linesman and dan must have bet on the game and were doing everything possible to make sure we lost. The head linesman made both the onside kick call and the incomplete pass call on Richardson's touchdown. dh by his horrendous game management.

I live in Kansas, so this hurts even more. Hopefully before we drive the 8 hours to see the ksu game, we will be under new management, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Sorry for the Buffs that had to witness this. I had a wonderful time getting laughed at in Berkeley/SF for wearing CU gear two months ago.

Here's a couple of pictures too...

76666_933718428723_10209707_50938530_8136605_n.jpg

76839_933728917703_10209707_50938913_1763795_n.jpg

148342_933738308883_10209707_50939328_3320864_n.jpg

148444_933740125243_10209707_50939400_3549081_n.jpg

150056_933742360763_10209707_50939453_5656090_n.jpg

Back