What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My guts were ripped out tonight. Ripped out piece by piece.

Sorry Rex Ryan, we didn't outplay anything. They scored more points than we did. We had a major advantage in the turnover game and just about every penalty on us was completely legit. I fail to see any one part of the game that we "outplayed" them in. Their offense had their way with our defense when it mattered. Our offense was decent, but had less than 20 yards rushing. They had field position the entire game thanks to special teams. They didn't win this one by fluke.

this. I am numb now. No hope until Hawk is gone. I knew we were going to find a way to lose that game.

Me too SnowBuff. I love watching my Buffs, but I watch them in sheer terror these days. I am shocked when something good happens (should be joy and excitement - although I did jump around after BLock's return) and I never expect anyone to make a big play when we need one. That is not the Buff experience I am used to, and I can't wait for a change. I've been really pissed all night and all morning, but my guts were previously ripped out.

I'm more so in the mindset of having extremely low expectations so I'm not disappointed when we lose. From the outset I was just happy we weren't down 21-0. When we went up 21-10 I thought, hmm maybe we can pull it out. I knew the coaches would go all conservative and it'd come down to the last minutes, which it did and we couldn't stop them.

When I think of the large numbers of 3-and-out possessions with blockers refusing to block, receivers not catching, balls way off-target, I don't see officials being much of a factor at all. If they had 10 bad calls, both teams probably had 30 unproductive plays.

If one team had wanted to fix half of those mistakes, this game would have never been as close on the scoreboard.

Remeber when we went for it on fourth down and we fumbled but the whistled it dead. I loved how the OSU fans were pissed but the Buffs should be the pissed ones. Their player was still on our side of the line. That would have been a first down for us.

But like everyone else has mentioned. The calls didn't cost us the game.

And why does OSU always do the loser sign?
loser.jpg

Guts have been gone for a while. A loss like this used to ruin a whole weekend. I woke up and had put it past me already. Will start planning the NU tailgate party now.

Man, I just re-read my drunken posts from last night! :wow: Oh well, the sun came up today. Last night, I didn't think it would. I picked my heart off the floor this morning, cleaned it up and reinstalled it.

Hawkins isn't going to be fired for a few days, at least, because Bohn is in Maui. Poor bastard. Hey, Mike, it is the bottom of the ninth, two outs, a man on first and we are down by one. You have three balls and two strikes. You had better hit a ****ing home run, pal!

Man, I just re-read my drunken posts from last night! :wow: Oh well, the sun came up today. Last night, I didn't think it would. I picked my heart off the floor this morning, cleaned it up and reinstalled it.

Hawkins isn't going to be fired for a few days, at least, because Bohn is in Maui. Poor bastard. Hey, Mike, it is the bottom of the ninth, two outs, a man on first and we are down by one. You have three balls and two strikes. You had better hit a ****ing home run, pal!

No more home runs, no more cheesy slogans.

You guys don't get it. MY GUTS WERE RIPPED OUT! DO YOU GET THAT? I'VE BEEN A BUFF FAN SINCE 1976! THIS GAME KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!

My guts were ripped out in 1999, the CU-NU game. I haven't had guts since then. They don't grow back. :huh:

My guts were ripped out in 1999, the CU-NU game. I haven't had guts since then. They don't grow back. :huh:

Agreed. That was the worst I've ever felt after a football game. I remember Mike breaking down at the presser afterwards too - I felt so awful for that kid.

this will all pass. we'll get another coach in here. being the die-hard fans we are, we'll up our donations and we will believe that greatness is right around the corner. who knows? maybe this time it will even be true.

the cupboard isn't totally bare. with better coaching, this team would have gone bowling this year, imho. there are still some significant talent issues and a coaching change may lead to some transfers which could make it worse. but, the team is not going to be devoid of b12 talent next season.

like i've said before on this site (and hf said today, more eloquently), coaches come and go, but we will be here forever. this is our program. it survived fairbanks. it survived the so-called scandal. it will survive a coaching change now.

the schedule next year is challenging but we should have decent returning talent and expectations will be lowered with the hiring of a new staff. just making a bowl game would make me happy (and most folks). so, we are off to the rebuilding races again. hope springs eternal.

hell, maybe bohn will pull off a big one and get someone in here who can ignite a recruiting fire right away. it could happen.

however this goes, we're all still Buffs.

Agreed. That was the worst I've ever felt after a football game. I remember Mike breaking down at the presser afterwards too - I felt so awful for that kid.

Yeah...but somehow, his guts DID grow back....he coached and won the league title for the first time since 2001 with a 9-1 record. Tonight starts CIF playoffs. :thumbsup:

Also...he has great reviews on his coaching...brought a team back in two seasons. He is someone that can go far.

Yeah...but somehow, his guts DID grow back....he coached and won the league title for the first time since 2001 with a 9-1 record. Tonight starts CIF playoffs. :thumbsup:

Also...he has great reviews on his coaching...brought a team back in two seasons. He is someone that can go far.

What school?

He just took ball four and walked off in the Maui sunset with cute little hula dancer and a mai tai.:smile2:

Actually wish I was doing the same thing...weather in Austin sucks today.:huh:

Back