What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My hopes for ACC tournament

He's impressive.

Virginia pulled him out of Charlotte, completely unheralded. He was downright horrendous as a freshman. He has put in so much hard work, it's mind-boggling how much he has improved. Mitchell is the poster child for UVA's program under Bennett.

I'm talking Defensive POY, not POY. No one on UVA got first team ACC because they score so evenly.

Virginia pulled him out of Charlotte, completely unheralded. He was downright horrendous as a freshman. He has put in so much hard work, it's mind-boggling how much he has improved. Mitchell is the poster child for UVA's program under Bennett.

I'm talking Defensive POY, not POY. No one on UVA got first team ACC because they score so evenly.

DPOY stats is what I'm talking about. His stats don't pass the eyeball test for rebounding, steals or blocked shots. Maybe if you watch UVA all the time and realize how special their team defense is with him being the key guy to make it work you can get there, but that award usually goes to a guy with more flashy stats. Who won it, btw?

DPOY stats is what I'm talking about. His stats don't pass the eyeball test for rebounding, steals or blocked shots. Maybe if you watch UVA all the time and realize how special their team defense is with him being the key guy to make it work you can get there, but that award usually goes to a guy with more flashy stats. Who won it, btw?

He's the anchor of the best D in the country.

KJ Daniels from Clemson won it

Great job by UVA. I really do like the style they play.

GA Southern in trouble in OT against ULALA. Down 3 with 31.8 seconds to go.

38 years of waiting is over. Couldn't happen in better fashion than beating Duke on Tobacco Road and having Duke being sore losers. Not many teams have pulled off winning ACC regular season + tournament. It's elite company. Really think Virginia deserves a 2 seed.

It's nice to see UVA win this tourney, congrats to them. They showed a graphic a few minutes ago that this is the first time ever that it's been 3 straight years without a team from the state of NC winning the ACC tourney.

CVille, I can't imagine that UVA won't be at least a 2 seed

It's nice to see UVA win this tourney, congrats to them. They showed a graphic a few minutes ago that this is the first time ever that it's been 3 straight years without a team from the state of NC winning the ACC tourney.

CVille, I can't imagine that UVA won't be at least a 2 seed

Should get a 2. If Michigan loses they deserve consideration for the final 1 seed. My guess is 2 though. Thing about UVA is this isn't a one year deal like Miami last year. Bennett is building a giant.

The deserving team won. They should get a #1, although it doesn't make that much difference.

They're better than Michigan.

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the more I think Virginia really deserves the 1 seed if Michigan loses. It's not like any of Virginia's losses are actually "bad" or close to it. 28 wins, one of the rare teams to win ACC regular season (and by a large margin) and tournament title. Wins over Duke on a neutral court, Syracuse, North Carolina, road win and neutral win over Pitt, neutral win over SMU, 3 wins over FSU, 31 point win at NC State. Just don't see how anyone else is really any more deserving.

The more I look at it, the more I think Virginia really deserves the 1 seed if Michigan loses. It's not like any of Virginia's losses are actually "bad" or close to it. 28 wins, one of the rare teams to win ACC regular season (and by a large margin) and tournament title. Wins over Duke on a neutral court, Syracuse, North Carolina, road win and neutral win over Pitt, neutral win over SMU, 3 wins over FSU, 31 point win at NC State. Just don't see how anyone else is really any more deserving.

I'm leaning that way, too. I'm going to update the other thread if Michigan State wins. Nova's SOS is only 30 and if we go by AP I think UVA would be ranked #4 on Monday (1 Florida, 2 Wichita State, 3 Arizona, 4 Virginia). The other team that might get the AP vote is Louisville, but their paper resume is just so bad that I don't think the committee can pretend it uses objective criteria as the driver in its selections if they were to vault them to a 1-seed.

I know I've been saying that UVA should be considered for a 1 seed but the things working against them is their SOS is a little weaker than Michigan's and they only have 4 top 50 wins. I guess it would be 5 now.

After UVA beat Duke, I really felt like it was going to come down to UVA or Meatchicken getting that last #1 seed, depending on what happened in the B1G game. There's just no other really inspiring candidates

Is anyone from AB cheering for Duke?

Growing up in VA, I was born hating Duke and especially NC during the Dean Smith days. I grew up watching Terry Holland and the boys never quite get to the top of the mountain, in conference or in the NCAA Tourney. Just so it is clear, I ****ing hate both of those blue clad **** bag teams.

Growing up in VA, I was born hating Duke and especially NC during the Dean Smith days. I grew up watching Terry Holland and the boys never quite get to the top of the mountain, in conference or in the NCAA Tourney. Just so it is clear, I ****ing hate both of those blue clad **** bag teams.

Rep

Back