1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My last csu post of the 2011 season then on to tOSU

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Ram friends of mine are making ecxuses already saying the only reason CU wins is because CU has more money and more heart. Also said CU is scared of CSU if CU drops series.

Ummm

CU has won 8 of last 11
    4 of the last 5
    4 of last 5 in Denver (including 4 in a row)

Combined score of last 3 games in Denver
    CU 90 CSU 34

ANd most of this is against some bad CU teams

Ya, we're afraid!:lol:

Buffnik likes this.
  2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

We win because we have more money and more heart..... so what does CSU have then??

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Do the CSU fans even acknowledge that CU has much better athletes? The difference in size and speed was shocking to me.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

And that is saying something, considering we have looked clearly out-athleted against a few recent teams.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I know. Imagine what this is going to look like in 3 years. CSU fans have been saying that this is the most athletic team it has had in years now that they've had a four recruiting classes under Fairchild.

6. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

A 500 page playbook handed down from coaching staff to coaching staff full of "trick plays to hopefully beat CU"

7. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I was confused by this as well. This is coming from someone who was so confident in his rams pregame.

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

No they don't acknowledge that CU has better athletes. I took a look on sheepnation yesterday and they had a number of different posters (well relatively, they don't have that many posters period but that is a different thread) who insisted that CSU had better athletes. They claimed that they lost because SF used the wrong running back, that they didn't throw deep often enough, that they blitzed to little or to much, that they would have won is Sisson was leading the defense, etc. etc.

I work with a number of CSU alums who have the same delusions. They are convinced that if somehow CSU were to get a share of AQ conference media money they would instantly be a top 25 program and CU would be the second place program in Colorado.

They won't change their thinking no matter what the results on the field (or in the ticket booth) tell them. Yesterday they played a CU team that is at a low point for a couple of decades in talent, had a MASH unit on the offensive line and at CB, had it's top offensive threat playing his worst game as a Buff, and they managed to have one scoring drive all game after the intitial emotional surge wore off. The final margin on the scoreboard didn't reflect the size of the gap between the two programs.

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Answer: A bigger sense of entitlement to go along with more sand in their collective ewe-terus.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  10. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

A couple of overthows by made by Hansen kept the score close. If he completes those it's a spanking in the third quarter.

11. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And both of their scoring drives were helped significantly by dumb Buff penalties.

12. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Thank God for last minute offers and twists of fate.

I would have instantly become a (gulp) horn fan when #2 went to school.