What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My New Favorite Youtube 62-36

Didn't miss a nub game from 2000 to 2005, glory glory Colorado.

My first CU road game was in Lincoln in 2000 when buffson got to travel with the team

Was my first real college football experience

Johnson was actually the #1 guy for the majority of that season including the start of the 62-36 game. In fact he tore it up the game before at Iowa state. It just happened that Purify and Brown were the hotter backs in this game and ended up getting more carries, but Johnson started it.

Yup. I remember posting on nutsucks early in the season about how they needed to get Johnson more carries. He was also really great in the screen game that year. By the end of his career Purify was better, but Johnson was a huge weapon in the passing game that season. We just didn't need it against the nubs.

Yes! The pinnacle of the Colorado Buffalo Football program.

Those were the best of times, never to be duplicated and always treasured!

No, the pinnacle was winning the national championship, but it was damn good watching your team get the tables turned on them on a huge stage. It will be duplicated.

I was at this amazing, wonderful game. I recorded it and have watched it again and again on tape. I have seen highlight videos like this many times. So I decided to watch this one as well...

And as I watched, I laughed out loud, got goose bumps and even welled up a little. This game was so amazing that even today, as many times as I've seen it, still brings all the strong emotions back to the surface in an instant.

I don't care if we win 10 games every year for ever more, this game will be the best I have ever witnessed in person...and I was there when CU won the Nat'l Championship game too. The MNC was special but that game doesn't affect me like 62-36 does.

We need to get back to those days soon!

No, the pinnacle was winning the national championship, but it was damn good watching your team get the tables turned on them on a huge stage. It will be duplicated.

I must say, it was a hell of a game. No matter what side of the fence you were on.

GREAT editing job. We need more game cuts like this.

BULL CRAP..... That is the most entertaining 3 and a half hours of tape I have ever seen.... in fact, even the commercials are better.... no need to cut anything.... ill take the entire game, the breaks, the commercials and that f'ing crybaby Langdon from Nebraska any day of the week!

Yup. Cortlen Johnson was running third string, and he was no scrub. He probably starts every season since with the exception of one or two years.

Cortlen was only 3rd string that game because of an injury.... Brown was NOT second string until Cortlen got hurt... then Brown came in only because Purify had 3 HUGE runs early and needed a breather..... One huge run was called back on a phantom hold...

BULL CRAP..... That is the most entertaining 3 and a half hours of tape I have ever seen.... in fact, even the commercials are better.... no need to cut anything.... ill take the entire game, the breaks, the commercials and that f'ing crybaby Langdon from Nebraska any day of the week!
You can order the full game HERE

Thanks bro... I have a VCR tape, and 2 DVD versions... and lots of pictures with me on the field after the game!!!!!

ll order another DVD because I watch this game so many f'ing times Ill need several copies before I die....

Thanks bro... I have a VCR tape, and 2 DVD versions... and lots of pictures with me on the field after the game!!!!!

ll order another DVD because I watch this game so many f'ing times Ill need several copies before I die....
:lol:

I may get this for my dad for fathers day, not sure. I haven't watched the game in full since that unforgettable Friday in November, need to get on that.

:lol:

I may get this for my dad for fathers day, not sure. I haven't watched the game in full since that unforgettable Friday in November, need to get on that.

your dad would love you for it.... How old were you? 9? I can pretty much recite Danielson and Musberger comments throughout the game....

There were a few of us on the plane from Charlotte NC to Tallahassee FLA when we played FSU in 2004 that watched my DVD version and we did shots every time CU scored in the first Q and opening drive in the second Q....

Stewardess was NOT happy when we busted out with the CU fight song after the 5th shot and banned us from ordering more drinks... FYI... plane ride was 1 hour and 20 mins....

oh the good ole days...

your dad would love you for it.... How old were you? 9? I can pretty much recite Danielson and Musberger comments throughout the game....

There were a few of us on the plane from Charlotte NC to Tallahassee FLA when we played FSU in 2004 that watched my DVD version and we did shots every time CU scored in the first Q and opening drive in the second Q....

Stewardess was NOT happy when we busted out with the CU fight song after the 5th shot and banned us from ordering more drinks... FYI... plane ride was 1 hour and 20 mins....

oh the good ole days...
Yup was only 9....probably my most vivid memory as a Buff fan still. Hard to believe that was already 11 years ago soon.

Yup was only 9....probably my most vivid memory as a Buff fan still. Hard to believe that was already 11 years ago soon.

I sincerely hope that you can experience what most of us 35 year olds experienced that day.... I attended the CU- Michigan game in 1994 also and as much as that one play was incredible... it still doesn't hold a candle to the entire game day experience of that CU-NU game... it really was build up of close losses from 1995-2000 that led to this pre-game feeling... yes I know we got fing killed in 1992, beat in 1993 (more than the score indicated) and 1994 was a debacle.....

It was the weather, the "quiet confidence" (Musberger says that pre-game) of CU running out of the tunnel and the first 2 series..... stop em on 3 downs, score in 5 plays, kick off, fumble recovery, Dan Graham first pass play... BOOM... up 14 nothing....

I was fortunate enough to be at this game and the Big 12 Championship 8 days later. Arguably the most glorious 2-game stretch in CU history.

I sincerely hope that you can experience what most of us 35 year olds experienced that day.... I attended the CU- Michigan game in 1994 also and as much as that one play was incredible... it still doesn't hold a candle to the entire game day experience of that CU-NU game... it really was build up of close losses from 1995-2000 that led to this pre-game feeling... yes I know we got fing killed in 1992, beat in 1993 (more than the score indicated) and 1994 was a debacle.....

It was the weather, the "quiet confidence" (Musberger says that pre-game) of CU running out of the tunnel and the first 2 series..... stop em on 3 downs, score in 5 plays, kick off, fumble recovery, Dan Graham first pass play... BOOM... up 14 nothing....
Hope so to, just gotta hope the USC rivalry can take shape when we are back on top.

That's going to be the BuffVision version, not the ABC game feed.

I really want SDBuff or the like to do this for the Texas game the following week... I have the entire game on VHS... Musberger and Danielson had a Ralphie-sized CU chubby for two weeks that year, Danielson had this great line in the Texas game after Purify went for a long run, "Look at these holes!" as he was still in shock from the week before.

Originally had 35 minutes worth. Did not realize youtube limited videos to 15 minutes. Pissed me off.

99- I would, but don't have the DVD of that game.

Last edited:
That's going to be the BuffVision version, not the ABC game feed.

I really want SDBuff or the like to do this for the Texas game the following week... I have the entire game on VHS... Musberger and Danielson had a Ralphie-sized CU chubby for two weeks that year, Danielson had this great line in the Texas game after Purify went for a long run, "Look at these holes!" as he was still in shock from the week before.
That's true, either way I need to re-watch that game. I'm not sure where I could find the ABC version but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

I was fortunate enough to be at this game and the Big 12 Championship 8 days later. Arguably the most glorious 2-game stretch in CU history.

I flew out for the NU game and missed my wife's mothers birthday during Thanksgiving... wife said NO! to the Big 12 Championship game!!!!!

I flew out for the NU game and missed my wife's mothers birthday during Thanksgiving... wife said NO! to the Big 12 Championship game!!!!!

what your wife's mother birthday? who gives a ****, birthdays don't mean anything after 21.

what your wife's mother birthday? who gives a ****, birthdays don't mean anything after 21.

Thank you. My girlfriend has 9 aunts and uncles and like 20 cousins. She thinks we should go to every birthday dinner/party. I want my weekends to myself.

Thank you. My girlfriend has 9 aunts and uncles and like 20 cousins. She thinks we should go to every birthday dinner/party. I want my weekends to myself.

sounds like my wife. Her entire Italian family lives within 20 miles our current house. I am seriously thinking about moving out of state.

I do have to say, they DID NOT put in the best quote from that game....

"And the Colorado offensive line, is CRUSHING Nebraska!!!"

Back