What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My New Favorite Youtube 62-36

I do have to say, they DID NOT put in the best quote from that game....

"And the Colorado offensive line, is CRUSHING Nebraska!!!"

I also wish there were more crowd shots of the Nub fans in disbelief. I still can't believe that kNU went to the championship over Oregon or us.

I also wish there were more crowd shots of the Nub fans in disbelief. I still can't believe that kNU went to the championship over Oregon or us.

SHould have been Oregon vs. Miami.

We were in for sure if not for 1 INT against Fresno st

you bastard admit you just want to see a young kamel crying.

Good stuff. The running game gets a lot of love (rightfully so), but that was a pretty loaded team from top to bottom:

-The three RBs (Brown, Purify, Johnson) that all had brought something a little different to the table.
-Two pretty good receiving threats in Daniel Graham and Derek McCoy.
-The offensive line had four guys that at least spent some time in NFL camps (Gurode, Rogers, Lucier, and Bates).
-The defensive line had three guys that have/had spent a good amount of time in the NFL (Brayton, Bannan, Harris).
-The linebacker group was deep (Wahlroos, Tufts, Johnson, Sykes).
-The DBs were pretty talented (Lewis, Strickland, and even Medford Moorer contributed a fair amount that season).
-The special teams were good. Hollowell led the nation that year in punt return average and we were a top 20 team in net punting.

The one other thing that really stands out from that team: we were pretty big across the board.

[video=youtube;-3m_2CbCj5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3m_2CbCj5E[/video]

My heart didn't go out to that douche bag.

Good stuff. The running game gets a lot of love (rightfully so), but that was a pretty loaded team from top to bottom:

-The three RBs (Brown, Purify, Johnson) that all had brought something a little different to the table.
-The offensive line had four guys that at least spent some time in NFL camps (Gurode, Rogers, Lucier, and Bates).
-The defensive line had three guys that have/had spent a good amount of time in the NFL (Brayton, Bannan, Harris).
-The DBs were pretty talented (Lewis, Strickland, and even Medford Moorer contributed a fair amount that season).
-The special teams were good. Hollowell led the nation that year in punt return average and we were a top 20 team in net punting.

The one other thing that really stands out from that team: we were pretty big across the board.

Bolded are guys who spent time in the NFL

Damn Fresno game!!!!!

Bolded are guys who spent time in the NFL

Damn Fresno game!!!!!

It sucks too because Fresno was a good team that year. Had we lost to them a little later in the year we wouldn't have had to climb our way up the polls.

Don't forget D.J. Hackett at WR. He had a decent NFL career too.

[video=youtube;-3m_2CbCj5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3m_2CbCj5E[/video]

My heart didn't go out to that douche bag.

that kid looks exactly like the little towheaded kid they filmed crying after the OU upset.

I really enjoyed watching that kid cry too.

that kid looks exactly like the little towheaded kid they filmed crying after the OU upset.

I really enjoyed watching that kid cry too.

Couldn't find it on a google search. Some Nebraska TV station did a "where are they now" with that kid a couple years ago. He is a student at UNL now. Geeky dude.

The beauty of that game was that the Nebraska fans knew that something really really bad had just happened. Solich had been plugging the holes in the dam for a while, but it finally burst in spectacular fashion. And their invincibility died that day, and has never returned.

Last edited:
Alright **** you guys I will just mail a DVD of the 2001 Nub game to Kamel instead. Kamel whats your address?

time-of-the-month-tiger-meme-generator-the-winner-takes-all-i-m-the-winner-9f5661.jpg

The beauty of that game was that the Nebraska fans knew that something really really bad had just happened. Solich had been plugging the holes in the dam for a while, but it finally burst in spectacular fashion. And their invincibility died that day, and has never returned.

So very true and I hadnt thought about it that way. Since my wife, boss and several others around me are husker fans (in oregon for cristsakes and I think they hired another nub to the basin wtf) I get a good glimpse into the Huskermind (or lack there of). They all seem resigned to it now, I dont hear how they are going to win all the time and I hear them say things like "Oh god Wisconsin is going to kick our asses". Everyone got pretty huffed up when they hired BoPa. The mentality was he was part of what worked and he can return the program to dominance (very similar to Buff fans and Embo except Buff fans are right :thumbsup:), but now they see that its not going to happen and they are accepting it. The truth is that Neb grew to prominence in a time when a small school in a small state could take mostly local talent and develop a dominant program. They succeded and that reputation was enough to keep the program going above its potential. I think now that they've faltered it will be too much to get back to where they were, without that reputation. Getting 5* from around the country to come to Lincoln when they dont have Tom Osbourne guaranteeing a shot at the NC once in their career is alot harder to do.

Ok I got interupted 5 times during that post so I have no idea if it is coherent or not. enjoy

So very true and I hadnt thought about it that way. Since my wife, boss and several others around me are husker fans (in oregon for cristsakes and I think they hired another nub to the basin wtf) I get a good glimpse into the Huskermind (or lack there of). They all seem resigned to it now, I dont hear how they are going to win all the time and I hear them say things like "Oh god Wisconsin is going to kick our asses". Everyone got pretty huffed up when they hired BoPa. The mentality was he was part of what worked and he can return the program to dominance (very similar to Buff fans and Embo except Buff fans are right :thumbsup:), but now they see that its not going to happen and they are accepting it. The truth is that Neb grew to prominence in a time when a small school in a small state could take mostly local talent and develop a dominant program. They succeeded and that reputation was enough to keep the program going above its potential. I think now that they've faltered it will be too much to get back to where they were, without that reputation. Getting 5* from around the country to come to Lincoln when they dont have Tom Osbourne guaranteeing a shot at the NC once in their career is alot harder to do.

Ok I got interrupted 5 times during that post so I have no idea if it is coherent or not. enjoy

This post is funny as hell. One thing I will say. The 62-36 game brought lots of Husker fans down to Earth. It took a few years to do so, but it did. It was bound to happen.
But watch out! Nebraska players, coaches and fans are talking about Conference Championships and National Championships. They have cause to do so. They (We) know the program is headed in the right direction and things are looking up. Way up! There is optimism circling the program and not many fans are living in the past like we've seen for the last 10 years. It's going to be especially fun to be a Husker fan this season and going into the future. I can see some of the same with the Colorado program and how Buff fans are starting get jacked up again. Time will tell if the right Coach and staff are in place.

This post is funny as hell. One thing I will say. The 62-36 game brought lots of Husker fans down to Earth. It took a few years to do so, but it did. It was bound to happen.
But watch out! Nebraska players, coaches and fans are talking about Conference Championships and National Championships. They have cause to do so. They (We) know the program is headed in the right direction and things are looking up. Way up! There is optimism circling the program and not many fans are living in the past like we've seen for the last 10 years. It's going to be especially fun to be a Husker fan this season and going into the future. I can see some of the same with the Colorado program and how Buff fans are starting get jacked up again. Time will tell if the right Coach and staff are in place.

Newsflash: You've reached your ceiling with Bo.

Back