What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Olympics swimming suggestion

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Every four years, I have the same suggestion. As a former competitive swimmer myself, I enjoyed the team component of the competitions at the high school level. When you know you're not going to win a state championship, your goal is to try to make the finals to get points for the team competition. I believe the Olympics should add this component to the games. Each nation is allowed two competitors in every event. A gold medal gets 10 points, silver 8, bronze 6, and then 5-1 for the remaining places. Add diving in for good measure (Colorado swimming combines points for both swimming and diving).

I think this would add a terrific component to the competition, and give aspiring swimmers a more accurate representation of what competitive swimming is all about.

Won't they want the same for track and field and other sports like wrestling and boxing.

Won't they want the same for track and field and other sports like wrestling and boxing.

I think that would be great. Make all of them like gymnastics. As a viewer, I end up much more focused on team points and medal position. I hardly care whether we have an individual athlete win a medal in the floor exercise.

So, if your country has the top 3 swimmers in the world one should just fold?

Why not let the best compete and the cards fall where they may... ?

There is no boxing in the olympics. They have something that kind of resembles boxing sometimes, but its quite a stretch to call it actual boxing.

There is no boxing in the olympics. They have something that kind of resembles boxing sometimes, but its quite a stretch to call it actual boxing.

I also played fast and loose with wrestling. I think deadspin put it best.

you don't want to watch one guy try and give another guy a reacharound for three straight minutes.

Back