What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Oregon fan cousin

why the hell would you want jim mora jr? he's just like hawkins. someone who somehow bumbled his way up the coaching ladder without any coaching ability whatsoever. except jim mora jr got to where he was because of daddy. i have no idea how hawk did it

Mora took a team to the NFC championship game, let me know when Hawkins has similar success. I just think he'd make a pretty good option because he's young and energetic. His head coaching in the NFL has been pretty hit or miss, but what was he really supposed to do in Seattle last year with Seneca Wallace at QB? He also grew up in Boulder where his dad coached, so there's that angle that people like. I'm not saying he's a world beater of an option, nobody really is, but he's certainly a lot better than Hawk.

Would love to hear DD chime in on Mora as the CU coach and how or if Mora´s stint as the Hawks HC changed his opinion on him.

Mora took a team to the NFC championship game, let me know when Hawkins has similar success. I just think he'd make a pretty good option because he's young and energetic. His head coaching in the NFL has been pretty hit or miss, but what was he really supposed to do in Seattle last year with Seneca Wallace at QB? He also grew up in Boulder where his dad coached, so there's that angle that people like. I'm not saying he's a world beater of an option, nobody really is, but he's certainly a lot better than Hawk.

The fact that Drunk Panda thinks the two are comparable is laughable. Mora Jr. is regarded as a good defensive mind and has actually coached at the position level and the coordinator level, along with his head coaching stints.

The fact that Drunk Panda thinks the two are comparable is laughable. Mora Jr. is regarded as a good defensive mind and has actually coached at the position level and the coordinator level, along with his head coaching stints.

Yeah I also fail to see a similarity between the two. I guess Lane Kiffin would be a decent comparison, but even that I would have to question since the Raiders didn't hire Mora.

**** Oregon.

:lol:Ya **** Oregon, because they are now a legit Pac 10 and national title contender every year, thanks to someone.

I respect a lot of your posts and opinions, but you are so wrong in so many ways about Oregon and Belotti, valdez!:rofl:

I think both Belotti and Mora Jr. would be good choices for HC at CU.

I'm partial to Mora Jr. because he's a Husky. I think JMJ has a great coaching pedigree. I also think he could potentially be a much better fit in a college system. He's young (48), very energetic and because of his energy I think he could be a lights out recruiter. He was definitely my #1 choice for HC at UW when Sark was hired (though I am now a Sark fan). His Seahawks buyout was over $12M I believe so financially he's already set for life. He has four kids so landing in a city such as Boulder could definitely give him pause to settle down and have his kids grow up here...

Cons: Despite a great coaching pedigree, he would need to surround himself with good recruiters and assistants. I have no doubt he could do this, but how fast can he hit the recruiting trail would be critical ("I've coached in a SB" sounds good though)... Does he have the SoCal inroads that Belotti has? Could he get them with the right assistants? I think he would.

Overall you won't find another coach with more fire and enthusiasm, how that translates onto the collegiate field..... would he consider CU.... I think Mora Jr. could have the success of Stoops at OU if he chooses to coach in college.

Belotti. The good. Despite being from Oregon, he had the smarts to leave:thumbsup:

Ok, jab out of the way. He's proven an ability to take a perennial loser and turn them into a respectable program. The academic standards at CU are way above Oregon, so the JC transfers wouldn't be as easy at CU.

He did well at Oregon, though admittedly could never win the big game (last Rose Bowl victory in 1917 for Oregon). He already has the recruiting inroads to SoCal and that could allow him to hit the ground running if he became HC.

If given the choice I'd take Mora Jr, though I think both coaches would do well in Colorado. I'm just looking through the purple colored glasses I suppose. Mora Jr. is very personable and would be very media and public friendly. I think the upside with Mora Jr. would be better... Belotti could do well here too though. Personally I don't want to see an ex-Oregon person at CU. Kind of like how CU fans rooted for Neuheisel at UW...JMJ would have my 100% support.

Pretty neat to hear from non-CU fans from the Pac-10 fans...I like the idea of JMJ as the next CU coach as much as I like Belloti. I would love to see CU go to the option spread just like UO has...fits more like my type of football since I haven't forgotten how much Kordell Stewart tore up Norte Dame's defense in the Fiesta Bowl when CU went to the spread as a preparation for Slick Rick to take over the following year.

I think we're going to have a hard time getting looks from top BCS assistants - especially if the LSU and Georgia jobs are open. I wasn't too keen on Bieniemy at first, but I'm starting to think we're going to have fewer options than we would hope for and we may have to take a risk here.

Mora Jr would be f-ing great if we could get him.

:lol:Ya **** Oregon, because they are now a legit Pac 10 and national title contender every year, thanks to someone.

I respect a lot of your posts and opinions, but you are so wrong in so many ways about Oregon and Belotti, valdez!:rofl:
Still don't understand why you are always blowing oregon fans. Every year they talk a big game, then self destruct. Thanks to that special someone. Phil Knight?

Oregon has to be one of the most overrated programs in cfb history. **** them.

BTW leash, I respect all your opinions. I just hate Duck fans. Ever since my first experience with those obnoxious bastards, and their duck call whistles or whatever they are. They did that damn call for the entire Cotton Bowl. I'm glad Neu ran the score up on those bastages.

It sounds like it's just more hatred. I hate Nebraska, but would still respect their past and would be up for CU hiring Bo. Oh and I'm not a big fan of Oregon either.

It sounds like it's just more hatred. I hate Nebraska, but would still respect their past and would be up for CU hiring Bo. Oh and I'm not a big fan of Oregon either.

I wanted Bo the last go around. Would be excited about Carl Pelini. Now that they would not compete against each other, it is more likely. And he is more likely that most other names thrown around here. Still like the Mac/EB scenario. Have EB bring Embree in as OC. Recruiting would skyrocket in Cali.

BTW leash, I respect all your opinions. I just hate Duck fans. Ever since my first experience with those obnoxious bastards, and their duck call whistles or whatever they are. They did that damn call for the entire Cotton Bowl. I'm glad Neu ran the score up on those bastages.

The only experience I've had with them was in 01, I went to the Oregon @ UCLA game and I don't remember ever being annoyed by some duck whistle. I just lack a reason to hate them I guess.

The only experience I've had with them was in 01, I went to the Oregon @ UCLA game and I don't remember ever being annoyed by some duck whistle. I just lack a reason to hate them I guess.

Ya they have these things that look like a duck bill and they blow it and it makes a sound like a duck being sat on or something.

I know it's his dad, but every time I hear "Jim Mora", I think of:

"Playoffs?!?!?!"

I guess someone handed them out to the entire UO fanbase at the Cotton Bowl. It was extremely annoying. They did it nonstop for the entire game.

Hating on what? Please. You're always the one bringing up Oregon on the board.

Belloti always had tremendous talent on his UO teams. And what do they have to show for it? I know he coached some decent UO teams, and we're struggling, but I'd rather give someone else a shot rather than some retread. Especially Belotti.

Last edited:

Belloti always had tremendous talent on his UO teams. And what do they have to show for it? I know he coached some decent UO teams, and we're struggling, but I'd rather give someone else a shot rather than some retread. Especially Belotti.

There one chance at a title was ruined by Dixon's injury, but I would kill for 4 10 win season and a couple of conference championships.

Of all the potential choices out there, Belloti has to be among the top 2 or 3 that are actually available. No idea whether he'd take the job, but I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand.

Almost playing for the national title TWICE, A BCS bowl game champion, 12 bowl appearances out of 14 years, finished in the top 25 6 of his last 10 years, 3rd all time in pac 10 wins out of all other pac 10 coaches, 116-55 record at Oregon.

Ya I would say it's all hatred valdez, the guy is a proven winner in a BCS conference.

Almost playing for the national title TWICE, A BCS bowl game champion, 12 bowl appearances out of 14 years, finished in the top 25 6 of his last 10 years, 3rd all time in pac 10 wins out of all other pac 10 coaches, 116-55 record at Oregon.

Ya I would say it's all hatred valdez, the guy is a proven winner in a BCS conference.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

With the talent he had at UO, there is no excuse why the Ducks shouldn't have played for at least one MNC. How many BCS bowl games has Belotti played in since the BCS started? One?

You need to get over this infatuation with the Ducks. You bring them up constantly. You're a Buff fan. Not a Duck. :)

I'd take the success Oregon has had over the last 10 years in a heartbeat. Right now, Oregon is one helluva lot closer to a MNC than we are. Belloti has a lot to do with that.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

With the talent he had at UO, there is no excuse why the Ducks shouldn't have played for at least one MNC. How many BCS bowl games has Belotti played in since the BCS started? One?

You need to get over this infatuation with the Ducks. You bring them up constantly. You're a Buff fan. Not a Duck. :)

There is no excuse, yet there was nebraska in 2001. I agree, inexcusable. I don't think Oregon's getting quite the talent you credit them for either, Valdez. I'm not going to look at their recruiting rankings right now, but I'd be surprised if they were even in the neighborhood of USC, Florida or Texas, yet Belloti fielded teams that could compete with those teams.

I'm on board with Belloti. By every credible source I've known, he's a solid human being, a good recruiter and not a bad coach. It'd be great if he wanted to come to Boulder.

Back