What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My season prediction after spring practices

If we can't stop them, we won't win the game. The defensive gameplan the last two years has directly led to easy scoring for Missouri. Offense wasn't great, but certainly wasn't the difference in the game.

No, you don't understand, we WILL beat Mizzou in 2009 in the sport of football, PERIOD! End of discussion.

When two guys start posting their love for each other it could very well end up sucking.

No, you don't understand, we WILL beat Mizzou in 2009 in the sport of football, PERIOD! End of discussion.

I understand perfectly well that if our defensive gameplan doesn't improve against Missouri, we'll be in the same boat of crap that we were in the last two years. We lost last years' game before we got off the freaking bus. That game was 100% on the coaches. If they try the same tactic again, we'll get the same result. So unless you're guaranteeing that the coaches will NOT use that same tactic again, the issue isn't closed.

I understand perfectly well that if our defensive gameplan doesn't improve against Missouri, we'll be in the same boat of crap that we were in the last two years. We lost last years' game before we got off the freaking bus. That game was 100% on the coaches. If they try the same tactic again, we'll get the same result. So unless you're guaranteeing that the coaches will NOT use that same tactic again, the issue isn't closed.

we will win

Mizzou has new OC and DC and isn't returning NFL-talent at the TE and WR position nor are they returning Daniel. The game is up for grabs and we should have a chance at home.

If our D plays the same way we did against them the past 2 years...then we need a new DC. Seriously, both of those games are 100% on the coaching staff. No amount of talent would have overcome those gameplans. What a trainwreck.

I hope you guys are rolling when the game rolls around on November 27. I'm looking forward to more epic games between NU and CU in the years to come.

Mizzou has new OC and DC and isn't returning NFL-talent at the TE and WR position nor are they returning Daniel. The game is up for grabs and we should have a chance at home.

If our D plays the same way we did against them the past 2 years...then we need a new DC. Seriously, both of those games are 100% on the coaching staff. No amount of talent would have overcome those gameplans. What a trainwreck.

True, but the guys they have there have been in the system for a while. I don't know if the new coaches will be changing things up, system wise. If so, they could be hurting. However, your second comment is more along the lines of what I'm saying. We gave those games up before we stepped on the field. Rushing three down linemen and playing a soft zone against them is suicide. And we've done it TWO YEARS IN A ROW. It's criminally stupid. If we do the same thing again, we'll get smoked. And I don't want that to happen. That game will be very important this year.

True, but the guys they have there have been in the system for a while. I don't know if the new coaches will be changing things up, system wise. If so, they could be hurting. However, your second comment is more along the lines of what I'm saying. We gave those games up before we stepped on the field. Rushing three down linemen and playing a soft zone against them is suicide. And we've done it TWO YEARS IN A ROW. It's criminally stupid. If we do the same thing again, we'll get smoked. And I don't want that to happen. That game will be very important this year.

If we don't show up to play csu we will get smoked. Don't worry about Mizzou, we have bigger problems. Mizzou will not be that great of a team this year.

If we don't show up to play csu we will get smoked. Don't worry about Mizzou, we have bigger problems. Mizzou will not be that great of a team this year.

I don't know if you're just being thick, being difficult or just messing around. If we don't show up to play, we'll get beat by anybody. That's not my point. My point is that if we go into the Mizzou game next year with the same defensive game plan as we did the last two years, we'll be killed. The fact that they're replacing a bunch of folks is irrelevant. They'll still likely employ the same basic offensive approach. That approach has absolutely throttled us the last two years because we didn't have the proper gameplan in place to defend it. If we line up for the first series and play a soft zone with three down linemen, I'm gonna start drinking heavily. :drink:

I don't know if you're just being thick, being difficult or just messing around. If we don't show up to play, we'll get beat by anybody. That's not my point. My point is that if we go into the Mizzou game next year with the same defensive game plan as we did the last two years, we'll be killed. The fact that they're replacing a bunch of folks is irrelevant. They'll still likely employ the same basic offensive approach. That approach has absolutely throttled us the last two years because we didn't have the proper gameplan in place to defend it. If we line up for the first series and play a soft zone with three down linemen, I'm gonna start drinking heavily. :drink:

I'm not being hard, I'm dead serious. I would list Mizzou at about the middle for our schedule difficulty next year. The system is irrelevent. Daniel, Coffman and Maclin made that offense work so well. It wont work as well with fresh faces. It was all in the 3 mentioned above. I am seriously not worried about them next year.

Here's mine:
CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia W 4-0
@ Texas L 4-1
Kansas L 4-2
@ Kansas St W 5-2
Missouri W 6-2
Texas A&M W 7-2
@ Iowa St. W 8-2
@ Oklahoma St. L 8-3
Nebraska W 9-3

Here's mine:
CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia W 4-0
@ Texas L 4-1
Kansas L 4-2
@ Kansas St W 5-2
Missouri W 6-2
Texas A&M W 7-2
@ Iowa St. W 8-2
@ Oklahoma St. L 8-3
Nebraska W 9-3

That's 9, plus a bowl game win, looks like 10 and No to me.

p.s. we'll beat Kansa$$, mark my words. Bowl game will be 11th win.

I just don't see the same dramatic improvement as most of you. I'd like to, but I can't. I would not be shocked by an another losing season TBH.

I still think we have health issues and I know we have youth issues. A ton of guys we brought in the past few years that were highly heralded recruits have not been able to contribute to the team for various reasons and many of them look like they never will. That leaves us with pretty middle-of-the-road talent at a lot of positions, objectively, and I haven't seen any indication the guys running the show that they can win 10 games with average talent.

We still have huge holes at WR, a gigantic question mark at QB (there was not one other team in the Big12 last year where it was clear that either of our guys would start over their starter, and 9 teams had waaay better QB play than us, with one of the remaining other two schools sending a QB to the NFL in the 4th (?) round), and extreme youth in the front 7 on defense (DL, particularly, could be pretty ugly, we just don't have much at that position).

I have hope that we can get our run game going next year and that our defense, as it always has recently, regardless of talent, will put us in a position to be able to win most games outside of the juggernaut teams. If the run game struggles or the defense turns out to be less than adequate we could be in for an extremely long season. Not trying to be negative but I just don't see 9 or 10 wins this year. These guys will be learning a new offense again as well.

CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia L 3-1
@ Texas L 3-2
Kansas L 3-3
@ Kansas St W 4-3
Missouri L 4-4
Texas A&M W 5-4
@ Iowa St. W 6-4
@ Oklahoma St. L 6-5
Nebraska - Extremely tough to call, they lose some players for sure, but I think they will be a pretty strong team, relatively speaking, anyway. I can't really predict a loss in this game, so let's say W making our season record 7-5.

I also won't be surprised to see us drop one of the 3: KSU, ISU, or A&M. We lose one of these games every year. Nebraska at the end of the season really is a tossup too at this point, because no one really knows for sure how good either of our teams will be.

If they can win 8 going into the bowl game that would be nice. I don't see it happening though, unless these guys overperform a bit. 10 and no would be great but I don't think either of those conditions will be satisfied.

I just don't see the same dramatic improvement as most of you. I'd like to, but I can't. I would not be shocked by an another losing season TBH.

I still think we have health issues and I know we have youth issues. A ton of guys we brought in the past few years that were highly heralded recruits have not been able to contribute to the team for various reasons and many of them look like they never will. That leaves us with pretty middle-of-the-road talent at a lot of positions, objectively, and I haven't seen any indication the guys running the show that they can win 10 games with average talent.

We still have huge holes at WR, a gigantic question mark at QB (there was not one other team in the Big12 last year where it was clear that either of our guys would start over their starter, and 9 teams had waaay better QB play than us, with one of the remaining other two schools sending a QB to the NFL in the 4th (?) round), and extreme youth in the front 7 on defense (DL, particularly, could be pretty ugly, we just don't have much at that position).

I have hope that we can get our run game going next year and that our defense, as it always has recently, regardless of talent, will put us in a position to be able to win most games outside of the juggernaut teams. If the run game struggles or the defense turns out to be less than adequate we could be in for an extremely long season. Not trying to be negative but I just don't see 9 or 10 wins this year. These guys will be learning a new offense again as well.

CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia L 3-1
@ Texas L 3-2
Kansas L 3-3
@ Kansas St W 4-3
Missouri L 4-4
Texas A&M W 5-4
@ Iowa St. W 6-4
@ Oklahoma St. L 6-5
Nebraska - Extremely tough to call, they lose some players for sure, but I think they will be a pretty strong team, relatively speaking, anyway. I can't really predict a loss in this game, so let's say W making our season record 7-5.

I also won't be surprised to see us drop one of the 3: KSU, ISU, or A&M. We lose one of these games every year. Nebraska at the end of the season really is a tossup too at this point, because no one really knows for sure how good either of our teams will be.

If they can win 8 going into the bowl game that would be nice. I don't see it happening though, unless these guys overperform a bit. 10 and no would be great but I don't think either of those conditions will be satisfied.

^^^^ Your predictions are great...for last year's team. I think we will be much improved. The only unit to take a step back is DL IMO. Every other position improves, either because of experience or new players.

^^^^ Your predictions are great...for last year's team. I think we will be much improved. The only unit to take a step back is DL IMO. Every other position improves, either because of experience or new players.

Yeah, point taken about QB play, but with a little improvement there, the OL vastly healthier and with some experience, and plenty of RBs to take the pressure off the QB position, we'll be much improved. Hopefully enough that our need at WR won't kill us. If those guys get hurt, teams will be able to load up on the running game and it could get ugly. That's why Hawk is pursuing more help there.

Not much learning when we are gonna be pounding the rock, especially when we have the guys to do it. Offense is gonna be night and day better than '08.
:yeahthat:
Take 2007 offense. Remove stupid unnecessary parts of it. Add in world class stable of running backs and better WR's with hopefully steadier QB play and a more physical Oline.

That is our new offense. I have high hopes.

One of Missouri's top recruits, 5* Sheldon Richardson, is apparently taking the JC tour before enrolling. He looked pretty fierce.

633708.jpg

I went looking for confirmation of this and found the Huskers teasing the Mizzou fans on their board.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=19&f=2885&t=4267112

Aside: Does it seem that Husker fans spend an inordinate amount of time posting on other team's boards?
But of course, there's nothing else to do in Nebraska.

Believe it or not, some of us can't handle all the sunshine pumping and agreeing with one another all of the time. I'm a guy who simply loves college fball and I like to get different viewpoints along with vibes from other team's fans.

Believe it or not, some of us can't handle all the sunshine pumping and agreeing with one another all of the time. I'm a guy who simply loves college fball and I like to get different viewpoints along with vibes from other team's fans.

Wasn't meant for you. It was directed at the the Missou thread (on scout, I think) that seemed to be mostly Husker fans.

Aside: Does it seem that Husker fans spend an inordinate amount of time posting on other team's boards?

If I were a Michigan fan, I'd probably think the same about Buckeye fans, or whatever, but Nebraska seems to have rivalries with just about everyone in the Big 12, and with most of the Big 10 and Pac 10, too. Those huskers are everywhere you look.

I don't mind different points of view, either.

But I admit I do like Sunshine pumping, just my nature.

14 and 0, no excuses.*

*counting the spring game and a couple scrimmages there.

I'm not being hard, I'm dead serious. I would list Mizzou at about the middle for our schedule difficulty next year. The system is irrelevent. Daniel, Coffman and Maclin made that offense work so well. It wont work as well with fresh faces. It was all in the 3 mentioned above. I am seriously not worried about them next year.
If the reports are to be believed, their offense was really sputtering this spring. Take that into account along with the fact that they lost the obvious offensive weapons, but also their best defenders in Sulak, Hood, and Moore. Blaine Daulton, the next big thing at QB for them, was arrested yesterday for having oxycodone and alcohol while driving. That's gonna hurt. Gabbert only threw for 93 yards in their spring game and I'm hearing many say that their most potent offensive weapon this season is going to be tailback Derrick Washington. Ouch. Take all of that plus the loss of the OC, one who's been the only one to call the plays in Pickle's entire career at MU, and I'm not real scared of them. Especially since you guys have them in Boulder.

I also think they are going to have serious growing pains, but I think they are game 8 for us, which is a lot of time to iron out wrinkles, if that's all they have to worry about.

Back