What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My season prediction after spring practices

CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia L 3-1
@ Texas L 3-2
Kansas L 3-3
@ Kansas St W 4-3
Missouri W 5-3
Texas A&M W 6-3
@ Iowa St. W 7-3
@ Oklahoma St. L 7-4
Nebraska L 7-5

7-5

CSU W 1-0
@ Toledo W 2-0
Wyoming W 3-0
@ West Virginia L 3-1
@ Texas L 3-2
Kansas L 3-3
@ Kansas St W 4-3
Missouri W 5-3
Texas A&M W 6-3
@ Iowa St. W 7-3
@ Oklahoma St. L 7-4
Nebraska L 7-5

7-5

I don't think Nebraska has a chance this year. Not in Folsom and not after last year's goofy loss.

These guys will be learning a new offense again as well.

To that I say, thank god. The shotgun scheme we tried last year was a disaster for the running game. The handoffs to our running backs who were standing still about 3 yards deep in the backfield gave a huge advantage to opposing defenses. The plays developed slowly, and the tailback reached the line almost a second slower than when a QB lines up under center and the tailback starts the run motion right from the snap.

This only worked for Speedy at times, because he is shifty and can go from standing still to full speed in a step, or change direction on a dime, kind of like Barry Sanders could.

Only on this site could folks think a team that was utterly dominated in almost every statistical category have hope the following year.

Actually there are several CU sites that share that lean.

I have hope.

I see progress.

We will beat the corn. See you in November.

Only on this site could folks think a team that was utterly dominated in almost every statistical category have hope the following year.

You obvisouly didn't watch the game. You were a lucky long FG away from losing that game moron. ****ing dumbass, look at my sig, that was the play before the FG. Moron alert!

Oh ya, 14-0 buffs to open the game. Dude, if you think NU was dominant in that game you truly do have **** for your brains.

Last edited:
Actually there are several CU sites that share that lean.

I have hope.

I see progress.

We will beat the corn. See you in November.

I like the optimism but unless you are able to line up an hammer the ball, I guess I just don't see it happening. I think the weaknesses at WR and QB will really hurt. Also, I could be wrong here but I think the best part of your D graduated. I think you could have some trouble stopping the run...especially late in the season when folks are kinda beat up.

For whatever reason, Hawk's teams have tended to peter out a bit in the stretch run. That may just be a lack of depth but it could be the attitude instilled as well.

We have our own weaknesses but it appears we have enough linemen(on both sides) and running backs to control games on the ground in event we have QB troubles.

I like the optimism but unless you are able to line up an hammer the ball, I guess I just don't see it happening. I think the weaknesses at WR and QB will really hurt. Also, I could be wrong here but I think the best part of your D graduated. I think you could have some trouble stopping the run...especially late in the season when folks are kinda beat up.

For whatever reason, Hawk's teams have tended to peter out a bit in the stretch run. That may just be a lack of depth but it could be the attitude instilled as well.

We have our own weaknesses but it appears we have enough linemen(on both sides) and running backs to control games on the ground in event we have QB troubles.

how many frosh and sophs were on the 2 deep in the NU game last year? You know, the one that forced your veteran NU team to pull a miracle FG out of its ass to win? 32 I believe. It was a record breaking injury year. You bet your ****ing ass Hawk's teams have faded due to a lack of depth. The funny thing, i fyou just looked at our depth chart this yeaer, you would STILL call CU a "young team" cause now the two-deep is filled with juniors and sophs with very few seniors.

And yes, Kiesau is gonna just line up with 2 TE's and pound it down your throats. Suh is gonna get roadgraded. He was playing against a frosh and a mediocre junior last year. Both were backups, and both were injured to the point they needed offseason surgery (and are still recovering). He is gonna get to meet mr. Ryan Miller (knock on wood) which is an ENTIRELY different kettle of fish. Ghosts of 2001 are gonna run you out of Folsom son.

Our DL played better as juniors than they did as seniors but the DL will be key because we are solid at LB and DB. Depth at safety is an issue. As far as offense, if we have the same 5 and they are healthy unlike last year, I think CU can line up to control games on the ground.

Long ways til our matchup.

how many frosh and sophs were on the 2 deep in the NU game last year? You know, the one that forced your veteran NU team to pull a miracle FG out of its ass to win? 32 I believe. It was a record breaking injury year. You bet your ****ing ass Hawk's teams have faded due to a lack of depth. The funny thing, i fyou just looked at our depth chart this yeaer, you would STILL call CU a "young team" cause now the two-deep is filled with juniors and sophs with very few seniors.

And yes, Kiesau is gonna just line up with 2 TE's and pound it down your throats. Suh is gonna get roadgraded. He was playing against a frosh and a mediocre junior last year. Both were backups, and both were injured to the point they needed offseason surgery (and are still recovering). He is gonna get to meet mr. Ryan Miller (knock on wood) which is an ENTIRELY different kettle of fish. Ghosts of 2001 are gonna run you out of Folsom son.
:lol: Yeah, cause all those other tackles he f***ed up last season were freshmen or injured or backups as well, right?

:lol: Yeah, cause all those other tackles he f***ed up last season were freshmen or injured or backups as well, right?
Miller is a special talent. Suh dominated our Oline in that game, but he did it against inferior talent. Everyone now thinks he is some sort of allsome DT, but I fully expect our Oline to be able to handle him this year. Especially Miller. Guy is a freak.

Miller is a special talent. Suh dominated our Oline in that game, but he did it against inferior talent. Everyone now thinks he is some sort of allsome DT, but I fully expect our Oline to be able to handle him this year. Especially Miller. Guy is a freak.

I don't think people think Suh is awesome just because he had a great game against CU. He is a really good, all-conference type DT. I think our OL should be much improved, but I think you underestimate Suh big time.

I don't think people think Suh is awesome just because he had a great game against CU. He is a really good, all-conference type DT. I think our OL should be much improved, but I think you underestimate Suh big time.

He's very good.

he is very good. but I think he is overrated. and I personally expect Miller to drop Suh a good 10 spots in the draft due to extreme ass wuppin :smile2:

Still find it mind boggling that you are so confident. CU smacked the fuskers around and outcoached the fuskers for a lot of the game. You barely beat us in your own big powerful home advantage stadium. Now you think you are gonna come into Folsom and walk over us with a brand new QB, and history suggests NU struggles with new QB's. You are just here to flame. If you truly think CU doesn't have a shot at home against an average fusker team, I have two facts I know about you already. a) You don't know much about football and b) you don't know jack **** about the CU/NU series where records get thrown out the window if you're a true follower of either team. The last 10 years the series is pretty even with some upsets in the game by both teams, some blowouts by both teams, but usually a hard fought good down to the wire game. The game is almost unpredictable EVERY SINGLE YEAR! So either take your arrogant fusker ass out of here if you tru;y believe CU has no shot, or admit that this is not a game that is easily predicted 6 months before the game.

BTW, I know for a fact how pissed the entire CU team is with how that game ended. BElieve me, they WILL be ready to play, they are looking forward to the husker Folsom visit. I promise you that!

Last edited:
... You are just here to flame...

Of course it's here to flame, which is why I put it on my ignore list long ago, and would appreciate it if you all would stop quoting it, because "ignore" doesn't block that. If it didn't get any attention, maybe it would just go away. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't say we smacked NU around last year. We were very, very fortunate to be in a position to win that game in the 4th quarter. Then they were very, very fortunate to win it.

Their mistakes cost them big in that game, and kept Colorado in it.

Still, it was one game. There is not any doubt, that over the course of the season, Nebraska was a much better team than CU.

Still find it mind boggling that you are so confident. CU smacked the fuskers around and outcoached the fuskers for a lot of the game. You barely beat us in your own big powerful home advantage stadium. Now you think you are gonna come into Folsom and walk over us with a brand new QB, and history suggests NU struggles with new QB's. You are just here to flame. If you truly think CU doesn't have a shot at home against an average fusker team, I have two facts I know about you already. a) You don't know much about football and b) you don't know jack **** about the CU/NU series where records get thrown out the window if you're a true follower of either team. The last 10 years the series is pretty even with some upsets in the game by both teams, some blowouts by both teams, but usually a hard fought good down to the wire game. The game is almost unpredictable EVERY SINGLE YEAR! So either take your arrogant fusker ass out of here if you tru;y believe CU has no shot, or admit that this is not a game that is easily predicted 6 months before the game.

BTW, I know for a fact how pissed the entire CU team is with how that game ended. BElieve me, they WILL be ready to play, they are looking forward to the husker Folsom visit. I promise you that!

Not sure why you get so agitated. All I do is post the facts of the game, stats and all. All you do is ignore the facts.

If anyone's knowledge should be questioned, wipe the fog off the mirror and tell me who you see. CU did not "smack NU around" as much as you would like to believe it...unless you mean the players heels kicking up in the air and hitting folks as NU averaged about 5ypc.

Numbers don't lie. People do.

I can't remember the last time the "pissed off" stat mattered. Maybe this will be the year.

Any other questions on the history of this series back to about...oh..1972 and I will be glad to answer.

Help me find this "smacked around" part on my DVR. I will go watch again and look for who got blown off the line etc..and I'll be back in a few hours with a report.

Not sure why you get so agitated. All I do is post the facts of the game, stats and all. All you do is ignore the facts.

If anyone's knowledge should be questioned, wipe the fog off the mirror and tell me who you see. CU did not "smack NU around" as much as you would like to believe it...unless you mean the players heels kicking up in the air and hitting folks as NU averaged about 5ypc.

I can't remember the last time the "pissed off" stat mattered. Maybe this will be the year.

Any other questions on the history of this series back to about...oh..1972 and I will be glad to answer.

Help me find this "smacked around" part on my DVR. I will go watch again and look for who got blown off the line etc..and I'll be back in a few hours with a report.

Mahnke smacked you around IMO. You guys essentially beat us by 2 points. Similar teams will meet this Fall, but we're at home (giving us the theoretical advantage). I don't understand the Husker's confidence

CU jumped to a 14-0 lead, CU stayed in the game the entire time. NU had to rely on the longest kick in the history of Nebraska football to win that game, after we sacked your ass for a huge loss on third down. NU even tried to get cute and Jimmy Smith and CU coaches outcoached you guys. I'm sorry but if you struggle that much at home and as confident as you sound, the fuskers should have blown cu out of town. Sorry pal, didn't happen. I love the stat argument. You want me to bring up some stats from some NU/CU games that NU won? I will be happy. I know of several where CU outgained NU and the fuskers won. Stats don't mean ****. What matters is CU almost and should have won that game. Oh BTW, you want to know the cu/nu series record the last 10 years? NU is not what they used to be and you are making them sound like they are world beaters. When was the last time NU beat a ranked team? When was the last time NU won a confrence title? When was the last time Nu did anything? NU is about the middle of the pack. CU should have won that game, SHOULD HAVE! I can't wait till you come to Boulder, can't wait!

Back