What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Top 10

Of course, of course, it's East Coast and SEC bias. Which makes it rather interesting that Jon Wilner, a noted Bay area writer with an AP ballot, has A&M, LSU, and South Carolina all ranked ahead of UCLA.

So do I. Not sure that you're proving any point. The statement that you quoted was a follow up comment to Duff Man stating "these questions are hard to answer," and not a stand alone comment, somewhat made in jest. Based on that issue, it would be difficult to prove it to be false. However, if I knew that SEC fanboys were so insecure, even on this board, I would've started poking holes in the SEC fan balloon long ago.

Also, you might want to check my personal top ten before rushing to judgment. I've got both Alabama and FSU in front of Oregon in my meaningless rankings.

Oh, Duff and I have been giving Bama Charlie a hard time for a LONG time now.

BTW,

Clemson 2012 played NC State before SCar. In 2011 they played NC State again. In 2010 they played Wake Forrest. In '09 they played UVa. In '08 they played UVa again.

FSU played Maryland in 2012. UVA in 2011. Maryland in 2010. Maryland in '09 and Maryland again in '08.

Not great teams, but all conference games. No bye weeks or ****ty FCS/FBS teams.

During that time frame (from 08-2012) Scar played: OPEN DATE, OPEN DATE, Troy :)lol:), Citadel :)rofl:) and Wofford.

Florida played: Citadel :)rofl2:), FIU :)lol:), Appy State :)rofl:), Furman :)lol:) and Jacksonville State :)rofl:).

You must have looked at a different schedule. The on they hand out in SEC-dominated fantasy land.

But who needs facts when you are in the SEC! SEC! SEC!

BTW, you guys need to rep me for this. Totally called out his bull****.

So I wanted to do some more digging up:

UGA 08-12: BYE, UK (conf game), BYE, UK (conf game), Georgia Southern :)lol:).

GT: Miami, BYE, Duke (conf game), Duke (conf), Duke (conf)

Edge is to GT, but not like SCar or UF.

Now lets look at the conference schedule:
LSU before Bama: Tulane, Tulane, BYE, BYE, BYE
Bama before LSU: Arky State, BYE, BYE, Miss St (conf game, good!), BYE in '13

Bama before the Barn: BYE, Chatanooga, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Western Carolina, Chatanooga in '13

Auburn before Bama: BYE, BYE, BYE, Samford :)lol:), Alabama A&M :)lol:), BYE in '13

What it looks like to me is wholesale manipulation of conference scheduling to a few of the elites. The week of Thanksgiving most of the SEC is on a BYE week. That's just pathetic. When you lose late in the season it "counts more," but SEC teams can't lose late in the year when they are playing weak ass teams that have no shot.

Oh, Duff and I have been giving Bama Charlie a hard time for a LONG time now.

BTW,

Clemson 2012 played NC State before SCar. In 2011 they played NC State again. In 2010 they played Wake Forrest. In '09 they played UVa. In '08 they played UVa again.

FSU played Maryland in 2012. UVA in 2011. Maryland in 2010. Maryland in '09 and Maryland again in '08.

Not great teams, but all conference games. No bye weeks or ****ty FCS/FBS teams.

During that time frame (from 08-2012) Scar played: OPEN DATE, OPEN DATE, Troy :)lol:), Citadel :)rofl:) and Wofford.

Florida played: Citadel :)rofl2:), FIU :)lol:), Appy State :)rofl:), Furman :)lol:) and Jacksonville State :)rofl:).

You must have looked at a different schedule. The on they hand out in SEC-dominated fantasy land.

But who needs facts when you are in the SEC! SEC! SEC!

BTW, you guys need to rep me for this. Totally called out his bull****.

You didnt call me out on anything. I already put the cupcakes the ACC are playing the week before playing SEC teams and you claimed it was in response. I looked back 20 years and everybody does it.

So I wanted to do some more digging up:

UGA 08-12: BYE, UK (conf game), BYE, UK (conf game), Georgia Southern :)lol:).

GT: Miami, BYE, Duke (conf game), Duke (conf), Duke (conf)

Edge is to GT, but not like SCar or UF.

Now lets look at the conference schedule:
LSU before Bama: Tulane, Tulane, BYE, BYE, BYE
Bama before LSU: Arky State, BYE, BYE, Miss St (conf game, good!), BYE in '13

Bama before the Barn: BYE, Chatanooga, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Western Carolina, Chatanooga in '13

Auburn before Bama: BYE, BYE, BYE, Samford :)lol:), Alabama A&M :)lol:), BYE in '13

What it looks like to me is wholesale manipulation of conference scheduling to a few of the elites. The week of Thanksgiving most of the SEC is on a BYE week. That's just pathetic. When you lose late in the season it "counts more," but SEC teams can't lose late in the year when they are playing weak ass teams that have no shot.

You have SEC butthurt. The entire scheduling changed when Mizzou and Tamu were added. You need to look at more than one year before you come up with your conspiracy theories.

UA and the barn traditionally played on Thanksgiving weekend and the SEC made them move to the week after about five years ago. UA had the week after as a bye week. The SEC made them stop to have no advantage in the SECCG.

The week before LSU has been a non conference or open week for about 20 years. It wasn't put in because LSU was a rival because LSU sucked back them.

There was an article showing from 2002-2009 Alabama played 18 SEC teams coming off bye week more than any other SEC team.

Alabama tried to get the barn moved to the east during the realignment/adding and of course were not successful.

Alabama/Tennessee rivalry is rumored to be ending during the next reshuffling of the schedule in 2016 which both UA and tuk are tyring to keep.

Alabama has no influence over the SEC office or scheduling.

You act like you found the Holy Grail but you are obviously not that familiar with SEC football.

When you lose late in the season it "counts more," but SEC teams can't lose late in the year when they are playing weak ass teams that have no shot.

We play probably our biggest rival and a decent football program the LAST WEEK of every year.

That's great. Care to explain the second question?

I have no doubt you already know what I'm posting below, but just for a reminder:

Georgia has wins over South Carolina and LSU.
Oregon State - I'm looking for the impressive wins... here we go, they came within 3 points of one of the better FCS teams out there. Not a win but impressive nonetheless.
Washington - They beat that juggernaut Boise. They also beat a bottom-tier team from the mighty Big 10.
USC - They played ND almost as tough as Navy did, that's pretty good. Ignore that loss to WSU at home.
Arizona - Let's see, they had a pretty nice win over UNLV. On the road too.

I have no doubt you already know what I'm posting below, but just for a reminder:

Georgia has wins over South Carolina and LSU.
Oregon State - I'm looking for the impressive wins... here we go, they came within 3 points of one of the better FCS teams out there. Not a win but impressive nonetheless.
Washington - They beat that juggernaut Boise. They also beat a bottom-tier team from the mighty Big 10.
USC - They played ND almost as tough as Navy did, that's pretty good. Ignore that loss to WSU at home.
Arizona - Let's see, they had a pretty nice win over UNLV. On the road too.

Who has LSU beaten? Let's be consistent here. It comes down to perception. LSU beat a TCU team with a losing record at a neutral site --- by 10 points.

Until the SEC sacks up and plays 9 conference games, I will never look at them as a true power conference as a whole. When you get to schedule one more win every year for just about every team, I think you automatically lower the perception of your conference. Obviously national titles help, but still would they have been there if they had to play one more SEC game? Who knows.

It's impossible reasoning with SEC fan.

For SEC fan, it goes: SEC, NFL, blank spot, blank spot, blank spot, everyone else.

I think Bama should be ranked #1 until someone beats them, but even if the computers had them out of the title game, many voters would vote either FSU or Oregon down to ensure that Bama would be in it.

Until the SEC sacks up and plays 9 conference games, I will never look at them as a true power conference as a whole. When you get to schedule one more win every year for just about every team, I think you automatically lower the perception of your conference. Obviously national titles help, but still would they have been there if they had to play one more SEC game? Who knows.

That is just stupid but this is America and you are allowed to be stupid.

Back