What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Named one of Nations 10 Underrated Teams

wyobuff

Finally getting a bit of love here today from ESPN - got named one of the 10 most underrated teams. Insider access though.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=4222&refresh=true

3. Colorado Buffaloes: The Buffs return four starters from a team that won 23 games and went to the NCAA tournament last season, although Boyle's squad struggled the second half of the season after losing Dinwiddie to a season-ending knee injury. Colorado was picked to finish third in the Pac-12 but did not get into the preseason top 25 -- and received just eight total votes.

"Tad has had good recruiting classes, and they redshirt guys every year -- so he has an older roster than it appears," one coach said. "He can really coach, and I'm not sure -- other than Arizona -- how good the Pac-12 really is."

That anonymous coach obviously likes Tad but doesn't really know how he operates....we have had 1 redshirt in his time here and 2 transfers that sat out....but Tad can coach it

And I also agree that the Pac 12 as a whole minus Arizona is a mystery

That anonymous coach obviously likes Tad but doesn't really know how he operates....we have had 1 redshirt in his time here and 2 transfers that sat out....but Tad can coach it

And I also agree that the Pac 12 as a whole minus Arizona is a mystery

2 redshirts - Jenkins & Gordon.

Two redshirts, three transfers, & a post-grad prep player in Tad's short tenure.

Still incredulous as to how King burned a year of eligibility not playing.

Two redshirts, three transfers, & a post-grad prep player in Tad's short tenure.

Played in 27 games for 128 minutes.

We really need to get out of the football mentality when it comes to redshirts guys. 99% of the time, if a guy isn't getting minutes, you don't want to redshirt him. You want him moving on within 4 years so you're not using a scholarship there. This isn't a shot at King, it's just a statement in general. There's a much smaller roster in basketball, so you don't have the luxury of using a RS on a guy unless there are serious reasons to do so. Gordon (academics) was a good one. Jenkins (weight) was probably going to be a good one. Using one on a guy just because he didn't get a lot of playing time usually isn't - unless he's sitting behind 2 McDonalds All-Americans.

We really need to get out of the football mentality when it comes to redshirts guys. 99% of the time, if a guy isn't getting minutes, you don't want to redshirt him. You want him moving on within 4 years so you're not using a scholarship there. This isn't a shot at King, it's just a statement in general. There's a much smaller roster in basketball, so you don't have the luxury of using a RS on a guy unless there are serious reasons to do so. Gordon (academics) was a good one. Jenkins (weight) was probably going to be a good one. Using one on a guy just because he didn't get a lot of playing time usually isn't - unless he's sitting behind 2 McDonalds All-Americans.

Perfectly said.:nod:

listening to tad talk about him in the article on buffzone kind of makes me wonder this too - it seems obvious that tad knew he wasnt quite mentally there last year (and it showed in his play - he picked up quite a few cheap fouls) I wonder why he didnt RS either, though it could be like goose said.

-I'm not in football mentality. I barely post there. I'm a CBB head.

-This is true for guys like Stalzer/Mills.

-He was sitting behind multiple top 100 guys & was the epitome of a late-bloomer. There were legitimate reasons to do so: balancing the classes w/r/t wing players, getting acclimated to the program bc he clearly wasn't ready, & academics were a question mark.

King could easily be our best wing in '17-'18, but it's too late now. I'm all #RollTad too but, he's not perfect in any aspect.

listening to tad talk about him in the article on buffzone kind of makes me wonder this too - it seems obvious that tad knew he wasnt quite mentally there last year (and it showed in his play - he picked up quite a few cheap fouls) I wonder why he didnt RS either, though it could be like goose said.

In basketball, you normally do not redshirt. Idea is to move guys through the program and also to have the redshirt available in case of injury.

-He was sitting behind multiple top 100 guys & was the epitome of a late-bloomer. There were legitimate reasons to do so: balancing the classes w/r/t wing players, getting acclimated to the program bc he clearly wasn't ready, & academics were a question mark.

After reading that king grew an inch and put on about 20 lbs in the off season, it does make me wonder.

That's a huge SOPH class of:

King
Gordon
Fletcher
Thomas
Fortune (after sitting out this year, will be in same class as above)

-I'm not in football mentality. I barely post there. I'm a CBB head.

-This is true for guys like Stalzer/Mills.

King could easily be our best wing in '17-'18, but it's too late now. I'm all #RollTad too but, he's not perfect in any aspect.

Did you hear Tad's comments on King after the scrimmage?

Did you hear Tad's comments on King after the scrimmage?

Don't wanna say I was right, but...yeah, I was right.

Back