What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

I've said it before, but McElwhine smells more like McElHAWK than McElSABAN. His recruiting strategy, his staff makeup, his personality.

We will see how he does against an awful MWC

CSU staff is garbage. Essentially two fired coaches from Fresneck, 1 or 2 from Wyoming. 2 co-DC's that have never been a DC before, and don't appear to have any relevant experience. A WR coach who has never coached before. The only coach that might be able to coach at CU is Napier, and he was fired at Clemson and could only manage a graduate job at Bama. Plus Scherer>>>>Napier imo

CSU staff is garbage. Essentially two fired coaches from Fresneck, 1 or 2 from Wyoming. 2 co-DC's that have never been a DC before, and don't appear to have any relevant experience. A WR coach who has never coached before. The only coach that might be able to coach at CU is Napier, and he was fired at Clemson and could only manage a graduate job at Bama. Plus Scherer>>>>Napier imo
Napier was "fired" because Dabo Swinney didn't get along with him. He set Clemson and ACC records while he was OC there though. Has Scherer done that? Doubt it.

Also Marty English was was a DC at Wyo for 2 or 3 years

As I said before, Graham could pay for the entire stadium himself

what about your little problem called the Mountain West Conference ?
that's not going to change anytime soon ... Captain Jack can't buy himself into a new conference-

And they could have the reincarnations of Vince Lombardi, Tom Landy, Bud Wilkinson, and Knute Rockne on that staff, with zero talent they aren't going to win many games. And based on history they don't draw flies even if they do win. They had troubles getting close to 30,000 when Sonny had them ranked, I don't see them getting close to that with a terrible team losing to no-name conference foes.

I thought you said he was worth $200MM. He is going to spend his entire worth on a new stadium?
We don't need $200mil in donations. I think that number was set more at $135mil needed with the rest coming from premium seating and sponsorships

Napier was "fired" because Dabo Swinney didn't get along with him. He set Clemson and ACC records while he was OC there though. Has Scherer done that? Doubt it.

Also Marty English was was a DC at Wyo for 2 or 3 years

Scherer was essentially offered the BRoncos OC job. Can't say that about Napier. Either way, Napier won't be at CSU for more than 1-2 years, and it appears McElwhine's coaching connections are extremely limited to say that least.

We don't need $200mil in donations. I think that number was set more at $135mil needed with the rest coming from premium seating and sponsorships
ICON (may they always be 100% right) assumed anywhere between 45 and 150 million of donations. So AT A MINIMUM, Mr. Graham is willing to spend 25% of his net worth (up to 75% if necessary) to get a stadium built for CSU?

That sounds totally reasonable.

When does Gasm get his show on Comedy Central. This gets more ridiculous every post.

You can't sell the seats you have for cheap, who's going to pay for premium seating in an empty stadium. And who's going to pay for sponsorships in an empty stadium. I keep hearing "sponsorships" thrown around like empty taco bell cups outside a row of dispensaries, give me the names of any legitimate sponsors who have already ponied up with cash, not just maybe but who are in with real money.

ICON (may they always be 100% right) assumed anywhere between 45 and 150 million of donations. So AT A MINIMUM, Mr. Graham is willing to spend 25% of his net worth (up to 75% if necessary) to get a stadium built for CSU?

That sounds totally reasonable.
Actually yes. He is going to donate more than $50 million.

Dude - he isn't going to pay 68% of his worth for the stadium. Maybe $10MM - which would still be pretty awesome.

So, $135MM in donations. $30MM in naming rights (or is there more that ICON claims you will get?). $35MM in premium seating? Can you run through what that entails again?

Does anyone know what CU gets from premium seating? We have the luxury boxes which are about 10 years old. Those run $500k a pop right? How many do we have? How much does club seating cost?

When does Gasm get his show on Comedy Central. This gets more ridiculous every post.

You can't sell the seats you have for cheap, who's going to pay for premium seating in an empty stadium. And who's going to pay for sponsorships in an empty stadium. I keep hearing "sponsorships" thrown around like empty taco bell cups outside a row of dispensaries, give me the names of any legitimate sponsors who have already ponied up with cash, not just maybe but who are in with real money.

obviously ICON figured out that CSU football tickets are a Veblen good and they just need to raise the price to increase the demand.

RamClub boosters who answered the ADs e-mail survey saying they would?

As I have said multiple times North Texas got $20mil in naming rights alone for their garbage $78mil stadium. CSU is easily going to get $20-40mil for naming rights and other sponsorships in a mint $246mil stadium

RamClub boosters who answered the ADs e-mail survey saying they would?

As I have said multiple times North Texas got $20mil in naming rights alone for their garbage $78mil stadium. CSU is easily going to get $20-40mil for naming rights and other sponsorships in a mint $246mil stadium

you are a special kind of moron.

I guess it is a FACT that people responded that they would donate but that doesn't make it a reality until the dollars are in the account.

all we need is the word butthurt to come out of gasm's mouth and the moron will have come full circle.

lol - those aren't FACTS
Well when North Texas gets $20mil for a POS $78mil stadium, it is very reasonable to think CSU can get $20-40mil for a stadium 3x that price.

I wouldn't doubt if Marc Driscoll paid for the naming rights himself (First National Bank)

I guess it is a FACT that people responded that they would donate but that doesn't make it a reality until the dollars are in the account.
Jesus how many times do I have to say it? ICON posted projections off surveys sent to boosters at other stadiums for this and showed a 95-100% accuracy rate from the answered surveys to actual after it was built.

So yeah, I think we're good in that regard

I wouldn't doubt if Marc Driscoll paid for the naming rights himself (First National Bank)

You have a weird understanding on how rich people work. These are not lotto winners blowing their millions.

Jealous I'm right? I'm just pointing out facts. If thats all you have to say then I'll take that as a win

you just can't seem to grasp basic logic. You have received zero dollars but many promises. What you need to do is settle the **** down, go back to ramnation with your tail between your legs. Here is some advice.

1. stop pretending the money is in the bank. Yes you may get these funds but don't go bang the drum just yet. A lot of **** can happen in the future.
2. enough with the ICON numbers. They just don't make sense. You would have the largest growth rate in attendance that college football has seen in the past 50 years or so. And by a large margin, the worst part is you think that it all adds up.
3. don't break your neck sucking jack grahams ***.

Well when North Texas gets $20mil for a POS $78mil stadium, it is very reasonable to think CSU can get $20-40mil for a stadium 3x that price.

You are quite casual with other people's money.

Back