What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming Rights Sold?

As an airline geek, I love this...Im hoping maybe Frontier will paint up one of their fleet in CU colors as well at some point...that would be mindblowingly awesome (and there is precedent as Horizon Air has a few of their fleet painted up in the colors of schools in the Pacific NW)...

Learfield Sports is negotiating on our behalf. Big number on the table (favorably compares to precedent deals) but nothing finalized. That's what SD just reported on the Rivals board.

How much do you suppose Lubick paid for the naming rights to the Sheep's field in Ft Fun? :huh:

Sure, I would rather keep the name "Folsom Field" as it is, but through recent times I felt that getting a sponsor was inevitable. With that said, I'm ecstatic to have Frontier be the name incorporated. It could be much much worse.

I know the school needs the cash, but I kind of hate to see a corporate name added to Folsom. Since most forms of advertising are pure tax writeoffs, I hope they get tons of cash if they go through with it.

This subject may require a poll.

I am going to wait to see how much money s nvolved and what they plan to do with it before getting pissed.

I've heard announcers call it Folsom Field, so if the naming rights go to someone willing to shell out the bucks, I guess I'm okay with this. The "Folsom Field at XXXX Stadium" doesn't sound as strange as when Mile High was auctioned off.

Besides, it will always, and affectionately, be "Folsom" to me.

I'm OK with it so long as it's a ginormous amount of money involved. If they sold out for a couple mill, I'll be pissed. I want something that will pay for a new practice facility.

Yuck. To naming rights. Yuck.

Totally agree! Yeah, they can sponsor and their name could be worked in some how, but to change the name from Folsom to Frontier, NO WAY! And I'm not even a CU grad.

You guys need to stop it now.

I'm OK with it so long as it's a ginormous amount of money involved. If they sold out for a couple mill, I'll be pissed. I want something that will pay for a new practice facility.

Concur...but I want more than a practice facility....how about a complete renovation of Balch?

Maybe Frontier is fronting the cost of a new indoor practice facility which will be adjacent to the new baseball field they are building which will be called Frontier Field...maybe.

Totally agree! Yeah, they can sponsor and their name could be worked in some how, but to change the name from Folsom to Frontier, NO WAY! And I'm not even a CU grad.

You guys need to stop it now.
it will still be folsom field (at frontier stadium or something)

you hate corporations and such as

I don't hate corporations, per se. A corporation put me through college.

I hate the idea that what has been known as folsom field forever will be known to new freshmen as "frontier field." In four years, that's what's called cause that what people are used to. But that is not what it is, or at least should be. It's bigger than fronteir, or intel, or ibm, or crocks, or whatever else. It's Folsom Field.

Back