What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming Rights Sold?

I am worried that the name Folsom Field will die, like Mile High did.

If it is Folsom Field at Frontier Stadium I am pretty sure everyone will still call it Folsom. Invesco Field at Mile High has become Invesco because its the first part of the name

fwiw... we got credit in the daily camera caption...

This photo was of the Folsom Field scoreboard was taken Tuesday afternoon and posted on the AllBuffs.com message board. (AllBuffs.com)

School officials normally do not comment on ongoing negotiations with potential business partners but the cat was let out of the bag Tuesday when someone took a photo of a message displayed on the Folsom Field video boards reading "Welcome to Frontier Stadium."
That person then posted the photo on at least one message board at a CU fan site leading to speculation that a deal already had been completed.

Way to go, Golden. You ruined the negotiations. CU had hand, but no longer. And let me tell you something, Golden, a University without hand is not a University. We had so much hand we were coming out of our gloves.

Way to go, Golden. You ruined the negotiations. CU had hand, but no longer. And let me tell you something, Golden, a University without hand is not a University. We had so much hand we were coming out of our gloves.

I tried to neg rep Golden, but still YMSSR from the positive rep I gave him earlier in this thread.

I'll get that son-of-a-bitch later. Count on it!

Golden corral?

MAC Daddy stadium?

IMO, the best possible corp name would be Vail.

They already have the Back Bowls. Who doesn't want to think about skiing when they tune into a CU game? Just spitballing some suggestions:

Vail Bowl at Folsom Field
Folsom Bowl at Vail
Vail Front Range Bowl at Folsom

If it is Folsom Field at Frontier Stadium I am pretty sure everyone will still call it Folsom. Invesco Field at Mile High has become Invesco because its the first part of the name

Folsom will forever be Folsom regardless of the sponsor or how the sponsor arranges the name because Folsom still exists. Invesco is not generally referred to as Mile High because it is not Mile High Stadium (which is gone) and because it is not much like the old Mile High.

Rep for GoldenBuff and little bonus rep to wspy for the Seinfeld ref!

I can't understand the push back on this deal- this brings in a fantastic amount of money to the program - something like $10M to $20M - and the concern is that it somehow damages the nostalgia of Folsom? Hell- it's not like college athletics is pure as the driven snow anyway. This kind of infusion helps programs win games, and winning games is what fills that stadium. Fast forward to year 2031: "CU is still in the bottom half of the PAC-12, huh?" "Yeah, but at least we kept our Folsom rep & didn't sell out to Frontier, Bro."

Ancillary bonus about Frontier - they're not as 'regional' as some brands we could associate with, like Vail Resorts, with a sizable marketing budget of its own. That brings with it some broader CU exposure throughout all the markets Frontier plays in. Besides- as some have noted, there aren't a whole lot of other big corporations that make sense. Red Zinger Stadium at Folsom Field? Top 100 CO corporations: http://www.cobizmag.com/images/uploads/lists/TopPublicCos.pdf

One exception: Chipotle Burrito Stadium at Folsom Field does have a nice ring to it.

I can't understand the push back on this deal- this brings in a fantastic amount of money to the program - something like $10M to $20M - and the concern is that it somehow damages the nostalgia of Folsom? Hell- it's not like college athletics is pure as the driven snow anyway. This kind of infusion helps programs win games, and winning games is what fills that stadium. Fast forward to year 2031: "CU is still in the bottom half of the PAC-12, huh?" "Yeah, but at least we kept our Folsom rep & didn't sell out to Frontier, Bro."

Ancillary bonus about Frontier - they're not as 'regional' as some brands we could associate with, like Vail Resorts, with a sizable marketing budget of its own. That brings with it some broader CU exposure throughout all the markets Frontier plays in. Besides- as some have noted, there aren't a whole lot of other big corporations that make sense. Red Zinger Stadium at Folsom Field? Top 100 CO corporations: http://www.cobizmag.com/images/uploads/lists/TopPublicCos.pdf

One exception: Chipotle Burrito Stadium at Folsom Field does have a nice ring to it.

The Sooners have somehow managed to survive the rebranding of their stadium.

What is that called again?

Oh yes, it's the Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. NTTIAWWT.

Maybe they'll start serving these

mini-liquor-bottle-label.png

As long as we don't sell naming rights to the Dodge truck division of Chrystler I'm okay with it.

If the money is enough to pay off a chunk of the AD debt that will help a lot, get us out from under the thumb of some adminstrators who aren't pro athletics. Or use the money to upgrade practice facilities which would help in recruiting.

It would also be cool to have a couple of airplanes completely decked out as CU planes for use when our teams travel and also just to stick CU in a bunch of airports when they are used for normal flights.

As long as we don't sell naming rights to the Dodge truck division of Chrystler I'm okay with it.

If the money is enough to pay off a chunk of the AD debt that will help a lot, get us out from under the thumb of some adminstrators who aren't pro athletics. Or use the money to upgrade practice facilities which would help in recruiting.

It would also be cool to have a couple of airplanes completely decked out as CU planes for use when our teams travel and also just to stick CU in a bunch of airports when they are used for normal flights.
think of putting ralphie on the tail with the ralphie runners... put it on the LAX-DEN route... that marketing to the heart of the pac-12

IMO, the best possible corp name would be Vail.

They already have the Back Bowls. Who doesn't want to think about skiing when they tune into a CU game? Just spitballing some suggestions:

Vail Bowl at Folsom Field
Folsom Bowl at Vail
Vail Front Range Bowl at Folsom

This only really works if there is a company out there named 'Smoka'. Then it would work juuuuusssttt fine.

Back