What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming Rights Sold?

:bump:
Not sure if we decided to abandon this but it is a shame, extra revenue lost.

If Frontier hadn't gone in with the big carriers and started charging for baggage, I'd still fly them. It's a good airline, but if I can avoid the baggage fee, I do. If I can't it's usually because I'm going overseas or to Hawaii, and I don't have the ability to fly SWA.

If Frontier hadn't gone in with the big carriers and started charging for baggage, I'd still fly them. It's a good airline, but if I can avoid the baggage fee, I do. If I can't it's usually because I'm going overseas or to Hawaii, and I don't have the ability to fly SWA.

I fly them quite a bit just because I can watch tv on the flights.

I fly them quite a bit just because I can watch tv on the flights.

Will they carry the Pac12 network on their TV package? I believe they use Directv, so that might speed up getting the PAC12 picked up there.... for those of us waiting.

Or, how about a Buffs Fly Free campaign to rival SWA?

With a statement like that I can see how it would be easy to speculate that Frontier might want to put their brand on Folsom. But since they have cash problems too and unless CU really needs the $$$, I don't see it happening.

If they do anything with Frontier I hope they get cash up front. I don't think Frontier is going to be around a lot longer. Going head to head against Southwest in one of Uniteds key hubs is not likely to turn out well for them.

I kind of hate selling the naming rights to "Frontier Stadium at Folsom Field," but if it helps make us competitive again, I'm in. Also, the lawyers around here should figure out a way to sue the airlines in a class action for these bull**** baggage fees.

I don't want "Folsom" changed either. I don't buy clothes with the manufacturor's name on the outside and I don't think the money (now that P12 $ will be coming in) is worth CU pimping for some business. I think it some point in the future, the schools that don't sellout will gain respect.

Or they could go all-out and change, say, Farrand Hall to Pepsi Hall and....
We are The Colorado Buffaloes, not the Nike Buffs or the Frontier Buffs.

I don't want "Folsom" changed either. I don't buy clothes with the manufacturor's name on the outside and I don't think the money (now that P12 $ will be coming in) is worth CU pimping for some business. I think it some point in the future, the schools that don't sellout will gain respect.

Jaegerbufferinos!

Benjamin: Wayne! Listen, we need to have a talk about Vanderhoff. The fact is he's the sponsor and you signed a contract guaranteeing him certain concessions, one of them being a spot on the show.
Wayne Campbell: [holding a Pizza Hut box] Well that's where I see things just a little differently. Contract or no, I will not bow to any sponsor.
Benjamin: I'm sorry you feel that way, but basically it's the nature of the beast.
Wayne Campbell: [holding a bag of Doritos] Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but for me, the beast doesn't include selling out. Garth, you know what I'm talking about, right?
Garth Algar: [wearing Reebok wardrobe] It's like people only do these things because they can get paid. And that's just really sad.
Wayne Campbell: I can't talk about it anymore; it's giving me a headache.
Garth Algar: Here, take two of these!
[Dumps two Nuprin pills into Wayne's hand]
Wayne Campbell: Ah, Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different.
Benjamin: Look, you can stay here in the big leagues and play by the rules, or you can go back to the farm club in Aurora. It's your choice.
Wayne Campbell: [holding a can of Pepsi] Yes, and it's the choice of a new generation.

No branded clothing for you, huh? Like, you know, with Colorado Buffaloes on it? I think this kind of argument is sanctimonious BS. If other schools are getting paid and using that cash to improve their programs, not buying in can only put us further behind.

I'm not big on that either. I've never been one to want a shirt that has "Tommy" of "Polo" in big block letters as part of the design. I try to avoid logos, too, but that's damn near impossible.

But as much as I'm not a big fan of corporatizization (i.e., I miss the "Copper Bowl" and hated calling it the "Insight.com Bowl"), I'm also a realist. An extra million dollars a year along with some inclusions in advertising campaigns does much more good for the program than adding a corporate sponsor name to "Folsom Field" causes damage. That is, unless our stadium is Beef O'Brady or something similarly stupid.

I don't want the Folsom name to be eliminated, but I have no problem with adding another name to the title. If that $ can go toward something to support the football program, in these tough economic times, I say take it.

Don't forget, we already have the "Coors" Events Center.

No branded clothing for you, huh? Like, you know, with Colorado Buffaloes on it? I think this kind of argument is sanctimonious BS. If other schools are getting paid and using that cash to improve their programs, not buying in can only put us further behind.

Therein lies the problem, though. Yeah, Louisville plays in Papa John's Stadium. But what about the iconic programs? They aren't playing in "branded" fields.

Edit: Nik is right, though. I remember I was up in arms about "Invesco Field at Mile High" many years ago. Now? I could care less.

Last edited:
CU is not a manufacturer or designer of clothing asswipe. I never referred to "branded clothes".

Therein lies the problem, though. Yeah, Louisville plays in Papa John's Stadium. But what about the iconic programs? They aren't playing in "branded" fields.

Edit: Nik is right, though. I remember I was up in arms about "Invesco Field at Mile High" many years ago. Now? I could care less.

I don't think they will be getting rid of Folsom Field anytime soon. At most we will be playing at Folsom Field at Frontier Stadium. Who cares the name.... we will all call it Folsom, the opponents will call it Folsom, the TV people will probably call it Folsom Field. So to me all this means is Frontier Logo is on the scoreboard which they will probably pay to put in a new one. We gotta upgrade facilities and to do that we need to get money above and beyond our P12 compensation. Look what Oregon did with Nike money.... built a powerhouse- their stadium and facilities all got tons of money thrown into them and magically Oregon is a consistent top 10 team. Same with Okie State putting the millions from Pickens into facilities which have pulled the best athletes. It is hard to find a perennial powerhouse that does not have some major backer throwing millions at them. So if it is Frontier for us then so be it. To me and everyone I know it will always be Folsom Field.

Back