What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nate

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
I decided this needed its own thread but have you ever seen a player TO the ball then stop playing defense to complain to the ref when the opponent is getting ready to dunk the ball?:bang:

Seriously? The kid beat him down the floor, what did you want him to do, get dunked on and get a foul? It was a bad play and he got swiped, but he had zero chance of getting back ahead of Wroten.

I thought it was the prototypical Nate play. So much contained in 4 seconds.

Seriously? The kid beat him down the floor, what did you want him to do, get dunked on and get a foul? It was a bad play and he got swiped, but he had zero chance of getting back ahead of Wroten.

He didn't have a chance... but to completely give up and whine to the refs while the opponent was on his way to dunk was ridic

This is exactly the type of things I'm talking about... we play a tremendous game, Nate hits a couple of huge shots and runs the offense effectively, and people come on here and bash him for the one play he messed up on... gets old man, really old.

This is exactly the type of things I'm talking about... we play a tremendous game, Nate hits a couple of huge shots and runs the offense effectively, and people come on here and bash him for the one play he messed up on... gets old man, really old.
Excuse me, did you just intimate that Nate only had 1 bad play in the game? Your nate blinders get old man, really old.

We've absolutely mauled the last 3 teams we've played and yet we still need to find something to bitch about? Forget it. I'm going to enjoy this ride.

We've absolutely mauled the last 3 teams we've played and yet we still need to find something to bitch about? Forget it. I'm going to enjoy this ride.
Same here. That was awesome. So stoked Nate finally took a big shot and hit it. So stoked he was active and got some layups. So NOT stoked about his D and a lot of his passing.

Do you want me to keep going? Chip tebowing was a little weird:smile2:

Nate had a Jeckyll & Hyde night, but he directed the offense well and hit some shots. I'm hoping this was a turning point game for him. We need "Good Nate" if we want this team to reach its potential. This team simply doesn't have enough offensive firepower this year for The Mayor to be spending most of his minutes as a distributor instead of scoring from the wing.

The kid had only 2 turnovers which for anyone playing significant minutes is great. Sometimes he gets beaten by more athletic 1's and 2's but the stability he brought to our offense last night can't be understated.

I want to know how Nate only got marked up for 2 Turnovers, he must wine to the score keeper just as much as he wines to the refs

I want to know how Nate only got marked up for 2 Turnovers, he must wine to the score keeper just as much as he wines to the refs

Does he serve cheese with the wine that he gives to the refs? FYI, it's whine. I have to use those teachable moments, and that's my grammar policing for the day.

Regarding Nate's play - He was both good and really bad last night. He was lazy with some passes and whined to the refs. The thing that frustrated me the most is that he often didn't go toward the passer when they sent the ball his way, which resulted in at least a few turnovers. This is just laziness and a situation where you have to get your feet out of the cement and at least move to the pass so the other team can't deflect the ball in the passing lane. Also, this causes teams to pick up more fouls when they are trying to get through you to intercept the pass.

I truly hope this was a turning point for Nate, as we need multiple players who can run the point and his experience should come in handy in case the freshmen might be crapping their pants during crunch time (I don't expect them to, as I think we've got two excellent freshman guards who have great composure).

I'm scared that Nate turned down some open looks and the three that he took was with no time on the shot clock, so he was forced to shoot. That being said, it was a great shot and I couldn't believe how quick his release was, as he got that ball off in no time, barely slower than a tip would have been.

Nate frustrates me, but if we are going to match up with the big name teams, we need Nate to contribute. A good Nate will definitely help this team, but if he doesn't show up consistently, I think Ski needs to see the floor earlier in games.

Same here. That was awesome. So stoked Nate finally took a big shot and hit it. So stoked he was active and got some layups. So NOT stoked about his D and a lot of his passing.

You guys are brutal, Nate was asked to guard easily their best player most of the night, and had to deal with him on the offensive end as well. Wroten, is bigger, faster, more talented, and more athletic. All Nate did was keep his turnovers in check, score in double figures and hit a couple big shots. He had his fair share of rough plays but that has to be expected against a player of wroten's caliber.

You guys are brutal, Nate was asked to guard easily their best player most of the night, and had to deal with him on the offensive end as well. Wroten, is bigger, faster, more talented, and more athletic. All Nate did was keep his turnovers in check, score in double figures and hit a couple big shots. He had his fair share of rough plays but that has to be expected against a player of wroten's caliber.

I think he really hustled hard on defense and he did get beat by Wroten a few times, but Wroten has beaten a lot of guys, definitely an NBA talent.

Excuse me, did you just intimate that Nate only had 1 bad play in the game? Your nate blinders get old man, really old.

Jesus Christ. He had 3 assists and 2 turnovers with Wroten on him most of the night. He didn't miss a single shot last night and didn't allow a single three pointer from the man he was guarding. I'm not really sure what else you want him to do... if you want him to be a super star, that'll never happen, but finding a way to complain about THIS game just makes it clear as to who on this board just wants to hate on Nate for no reason other than they have a grudge.

Jesus Christ. He had 3 assists and 2 turnovers with Wroten on him most of the night. He didn't miss a single shot last night and didn't allow a single three pointer from the man he was guarding. I'm not really sure what else you want him to do... if you want him to be a super star, that'll never happen, but finding a way to complain about THIS game just makes it clear as to who on this board just wants to hate on Nate for no reason other than they have a grudge.

Nate has given his critics (me) plenty of opportunities to complain the past few games, but last night was not one of them. I will never criticize a kid for playing hard.

Nate has given his critics (me) plenty of opportunities to complain the past few games, but last night was not one of them. I will never criticize a kid for playing hard.

Absolutely, he's been playing poorly of late, very deserving of his criticism... but last night, there is no reason people should be complaining, at all.

Absolutely, he's been playing poorly of late, very deserving of his criticism... but last night, there is no reason people should be complaining, at all.
You are so defensive about him, I don't get it. Also, at this point, I'm committed to hating him.

What is funny is that I brought a friend to the game, a Michigan state fan. He knew nothing about the team or even the PAC. Played basketball his whole life. 10 minutes in the game, he started pointing out Nate and asking why he was on the court. Nate was constantly huffing and puffing and was giving up points left and right. Granted, he had a tough assignment, but damn, he looked like had taken one to many bong rips. He also walked up the court on offense as slowly as possible.

Nate played hard last night, and he had a great 2d half, except for that turnover. Probably the best half he's had all season outside of the AFA game. The first half was not so good. However, I'm very happy his december slump is over. We need as much outside shooting as we can get so that people will stop going zone on us.

Its the intangables that frustrate the crap out of me.
1. Pushing the pace of the game: you see Boyle yelling all game for him to push it up the floor, but he jogs down. We are trying to play altitude ball, you need to push the pace every minute you can. You can also see him pulling the offense to re-setup quite often (something that you probably like), but I hate it, it allows the defense to relax. I am not saying we should be playing out of control, but we need to push the pace, something that we have been noticing as being a issue for a while.

2. Turnovers: yes he had 2 turnovers in the game, but how many times did the ball get passed to him and he didnt move towards the ball resulting in a turnover (not counted towards him). This stuff was incredably frustraiting.

3. Scoring Threat: Last night he didnt do too bad, but in general, teams dont respect him (nor should they), and it results in his defender moving off him and doubleteaming someone else.

4. Whining (leave me alone, I cannot spell): The Refs get visiably frustrated with him, I am sure this isnt helping us with the benifit of the doubt calls.

4. Whining (leave me alone, I cannot spell): The Refs get visiably frustrated with him, I am sure this isnt helping us with the benifit of the doubt calls.

I do have to give Nate props for one thing in this category though. The Mayor was called for a horrible foul with about 5 minutes left in the game last night. He tried to complain to the ref and Nate immediately grabbed him and pulled him in to the team huddle so he couldn't get T'd up. That's the senior leadership I was hoping to see out of Nate this year.

I do have to give Nate props for one thing in this category though. The Mayor was called for a horrible foul with about 5 minutes left in the game last night. He tried to complain to the ref and Nate immediately grabbed him and pulled him in to the team huddle so he couldn't get T'd up. That's the senior leadership I was hoping to see out of Nate this year.
missed that. props to him.

did you guys see the ref yukking it up with the UW fans sitting courtside? What was that all about.

Direct quote from an article on last night's game...

"I feel more comfortable when Nate runs our offense because when he is out there, he thinks like a point guard and it allows Spencer to get off the ball a little bit," Boyle said. "We need Spencer to score some and sometimes it is hard to score when you are bringing it up every time. Nate playing the point helps us in a lot of different ways that maybe the average fan doesn't recognize or appreciate."
- Head Coach Tad Boyle

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

"I feel more comfortable when Nate runs our offense because when he is out there, he thinks like a point guard and it allows Spencer to get off the ball a little bit," Boyle said. "We need Spencer to score some and sometimes it is hard to score when you are bringing it up every time. Nate playing the point helps us in a lot of different ways that maybe the average fan doesn't recognize or appreciate."
- Head Coach Tad Boyle

:lol: I knew you were gonna find that one. Dude, seriously, did nate let you **** his sister or something? and do note that except for one real complaint (bringing the ball up) on offense, well two (refusing to take the shot, which he did a few times last night), My problems with nate stem from reasons other than how he runs and plays on offense*. Hell, I think I said exactly what Boyle said in that article regarding Nate bringing the ball up sometime yesterday. And also, where were you when Nate was going 0-110000 in December? I will remember your commentary when Nate, inevitably, goes back to being Nate.

*unless it is crunch time. Nate is a turnover waiting to happen against the press with less than 2 minutes left.

- Head Coach Tad Boyle

My interpertation:
The Mayor (and all the other contributers) are better than Nate at everything, so Boyle feels that the Mayor (and everyone else) help the most at scoring, not dribbling the ball up the court. Basically, lets give him something that doesnt matter much.

I didn't interpret it that way at all. I honestly think that Boyle feels that the offense runs better with Nate out there guiding players, and he may be right on this one.

I didn't interpret it that way at all. I honestly think that Boyle feels that the offense runs better with Nate out there guiding players, and he may be right on this one.

What Boyle isn't saying (but is definitely thinking) is that "Good Nate" brings a lot to the party and makes us a much better basketball team. Our ceiling is much lower with "Bad Nate" and one of the big frustrations has been how often we have seen him this season. Last night was hopefully a turning point.

Back