What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nate

I didn't interpret it that way at all. I honestly think that Boyle feels that the offense runs better with Nate out there guiding players, and he may be right on this one.

THIS, Boyle has said this same thing in different ways about a hundred times this year. And while I know Nate has a lot of limitations and his play at times is infuriating I tend to believe he is right.

What Boyle isn't saying (but is definitely thinking) is that "Good Nate" brings a lot to the party and makes us a much better basketball team. Our ceiling is much lower with "Bad Nate" and one of the big frustrations has been how often we have seen him this season. Last night was hopefully a turning point.

Also this, I think Tad may have actually used something similar to the "good nate" bad nate" reference after the air force game.

What Boyle isn't saying (but is definitely thinking) is that "Good Nate" brings a lot to the party and makes us a much better basketball team. Our ceiling is much lower with "Bad Nate" and one of the big frustrations has been how often we have seen him this season. Last night was hopefully a turning point.

We all know there is good nate/bad nate... and of course Tad knows this too, but I like that he put him back in the starting role, it's a comfort zone for nate... but it can't be denied that we play MUCH better when Nate is playing well, in many ways, he's the cog in our machine. I just feel the need to defend him in situations like this, where he played very well, and yet STILL people are finding ways to specifically call him out, I just find it very unfair and misguided.

We all know there is good nate/bad nate... and of course Tad knows this too, but I like that he put him back in the starting role, it's a comfort zone for nate... but it can't be denied that we play MUCH better when Nate is playing well, in many ways, he's the cog in our machine. I just feel the need to defend him in situations like this, where he played very well, and yet STILL people are finding ways to specifically call him out, I just find it very unfair and misguided.
I think your characterization of his game reveals a really low bar. Here's the thing: I expect Nate to be good, because he is a senior starter and has played for 4 years straight. You seem to be happy when he tries hard on D and makes ONE SHOT that isn't a layup. He still plays like a true frosh more often than not. I totally recognize what good nate brings to the offense. But until he does it for more than 1 game in 7, I'm gonna ****ing hate him.

Today was definitely good Nate. That was important, especially since SD had a bit of an off game. Good to see and I hope that's the only Nate we see from now on.

Today was definitely good Nate. That was important, especially since SD had a bit of an off game. Good to see and I hope that's the only Nate we see from now on.

I was about to say the same thing. This is the kind of play that I hope to see more of. I know he isnt ever going to be a superstar, but the effort he put in today was good.

:nod:

If Nate and Austin play this well the rest of the way, we are a real threat to win the conference.

Back