What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

National Signing Day

dyemeduke

So...I've checked on Scout and Rivals, and neither is confirming official signed LOI's from CU's two commits, but that's okay. I think they're still firmly committed. It is early National Signing Day today for basketball in case any of you are interested.

DeAndre Daniels by the way has not signed anywhere. Kentucky for what it's worth, is stacked again this year, (they got the top SF this year, as well as top PF and PG) so maybe that pushes Daniels away from Calipari towards UCLA. I still don't think he comes to CU, but the fact that UK is stacked does bode well for any other school interested in Daniels.

Booker, Dinwiddie In - Cain Next?

from the BDC:

Colorado’s new basketball practice facility will be finished at about the same time the 2011 freshmen step on campus.

“I’ll be in there all the time,” Askia Booker said on Wednesday after faxing in a signed letter of intent to play for the Buffs.

Booker is a 6-foot combo guard from Price High School in Los Angeles. The other official member of Tad Boyle’s 2011 recruiting class, 6-4 shooting guard Spencer Dinwiddie, is from nearby Woodland Hills, Calif.

Damiene Cain, a 6-7 forward from North Hollywood (Calif.), is expected to announce his decision to attend CU on Friday.

The Buffs’ move to the Pac-12 is clearly opening some doors on the recruiting trail in Southern California.

“It was pretty big in my decision,” Booker said of CU’s decision to leave the Big 12 and head west. “I want to have a chance to play in front of my family.”

Booker gave Boyle a verbal commitment shortly after returning home from a recent visit to Boulder. Dinwiddie, someone Booker has competed against since the ninth grade, chose CU over Oregon, UNLV and others last Saturday.

“It all started off with my visit,” said Booker, who was starting to receive interest from UCLA. “I loved the campus. It’s a place where I can focus on school and basketball. Coach Boyle is someone I really connected with. All of the coaches were that way.”

The Buffs have three scholarship seniors — Cory Higgins, Marcus Relphorde and Levi Knutson — on this year’s team. If Alec Burks leaves school early for the NBA, Boyle can sign another player during the spring period.

Two true freshmen recruited by the new staff, forward Andre Roberson and center Ben Mills, will make their CU debuts on Friday in the season opener against Idaho State at the Coors Events Center.

Lappe Land Oregon Player

from the BDC:

Coach Linda Lappe’s first full recruiting class continued to take shape Wednesday, with Clackamas, Ore., post Jen Reese announcing that she plans to play basketball for the Colorado Buffaloes.

Last winter’s Oregon Gatorade Player of the Year, the 6-foot-2 post player averaged 21.0 points and 12.3 rebounds per game as a junior, leading Clackamas to the Class 6A playoffs round of 16.

She signed her letter of intent in a ceremony at her school Wednesday, the first day of the NCAA’s early signing period that runs through Nov. 17.

Colorado did not announce its full 2011 recruiting class because team officials are still finalizing paperwork and can’t comment on recruits until doing so.

But Arizona guard Lexy Kresl and Texas wing Jasmine Sborov both confirmed to the Camera earlier this week that they also intended to sign letters of intent to play for CU on Wednesday.

The Buffs are also apparently still in the running for San Antonio post player Arielle Roberson, who is reportedly deciding between CU and North Carolina State. Roberson is the younger sister of Andre Roberson, a freshman on the CU men’s team. Their older sister Amber plays volleyball at Texas, while older sister Ashlee wrapped up her basketball career at Texas Tech last season.

For Reese, the decision came down to CU’s first-year coaching staff. She chose the Buffs over offers from Oregon State and Kansas State, among others.

“Their coaching staff is amazing,” said Reese, who like Kresl, said CU’s move to the Pac-10 Conference next season wasn’t a major deciding factor but definitely a nice bonus. “They’ve been real the whole time. On the phone and in person they’re the complete same, and some coaches aren’t.”

Reese’s addition will give the Buffs some much-needed help inside next season.

Clackamas coach Ken Trapp said Reese is a well-rounded player who can bang inside but can also hit the outside shot and is deadly from the free-throw line.

“Colorado is getting a pretty good player,” Trapp said. “She can really fill it up.”

Back