1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA Draft Combine Measurements

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Bass, May 23, 2011.

1. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Interesting.

I'm starting to think that Alec could have a better rookie season than a lot of people expect. With the lack of true zone defense in the NBA and how spread out the court gets with the 3 pt line being farther out, he'll have a lot more room to maneuver. Plus, most teams don't play defense during the regular season unless it's the last 4 minutes of a close game.

Plus, he's been working on his jumper with help from Chauncey.

Here is Alec's complete profile at DraftExpress: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alec-Burks-5819/

3. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Billups but I never thought of him as an outstanding shooter.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He is #6 all-time on the NBA's 3 pointer list, set the Nuggets record for 3s made in a season, and for his career is a 39% shooter from 3 and 89% from the free throw line. He's not Ray Allen or Reggie Miller, but the dude can shoot.

Funny how our impressions can run sometimes. But he did get the nickname "Mr. Big Shot" for a reason. :smile:

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I will never forget Chauncey burying 3 after 3 against Kansas. Typically a few feet behind the line. The guy can shoot and does it best when it matters. Can't ask for anything more than that.

6. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

... ...yeah, I don't know about that. At the start of this season, I was getting really annoyed with his shooting, but as the wrist started to heal (which I wasn't sure of how serious it was), his shot came back. The man can shoot just fine, and I like his form as well. That would be one of the main things for me on getting a shooting coach - their form. I would NEVER get Miller as my coach, even though the man obviously knew how to shoot well. Chaunc - everything about his game is smooth in my opinion.

Chaunc can do everything well...didn't you know? He can pass, manage the game, shoot, play defense, rebound, dunk with authority, block shots, break ankles, bench five hundred pounds, slay dragons, solve a rubik's cube, eat uncooked meat, has sniper accuracy with shotguns - do I have to go on?