1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA Summer League

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by cmgoods, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

I don't know if anyone cares, but the NBA Network is showing live summer league games right now with Dre and Oklahoma City up next after Miami vs Utah.

2. Bufffrom81

Bufffrom81 New Member

So glad I'm not the only one watching the game with Utah and Alec Burks now (although he just twisted his ankle pretty badly and left the game) and am looking forward to watching the OKC game game with Dre later.

3. HawaiiBUFF

HawaiiBUFF Well-Known Member

Do we know if Higgins, Brown or any other Buffs are on Summer rosters?

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I was reading some Utah boards prior to the draft and they were 50/50 on Burks. Some said he was a future star and others said he was a bust fwiw.

Also, the Clippers just signed Darren Collison as back-up PG. I wonder what they do with Chauncey

5. BuffDog

BuffDog Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the update on the game. Since he is playing I assume that he has signed his contract. Here is a link to the stats for the game they won.

Andre played about 17 minutes. He apparently was trying to hit every statistical category since he was 1 for 1 from the field and also had 1 offense rebound, 1 defensive rebound, 1 foul, 1 assist, and 1 turnover. The team was +9 when he was in.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130707/OKCIND/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a

6. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'd love to know what's going on in the NBA SL...I'm slowly becoming a big NBA fan and I might be actually looking forward to the upcoming NBA season than the NFL season this year.

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I saw some of the second half while Dre was in the game. I didn't see him take a shot or really do much on offense, but he was pretty active on the defensive end. Caused at least one turnover by deflecting a pass off an Indiana player and nearly got a steal on another play (the ball went out of bounds).

8. NashBuff

With Durant and Westbrook on the floor, would Dre need to provide any offense? If Dre can duplicate his college stats, that would be a good thing.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I think OKC would be very happy if all Dre did offensively was to pick up some buckets in transition and off offensive rebounds and the occasional layup when passed the ball by one of the stars. If he scores enough to force the other team to not ignore him in their defense he is doing his job.

What they would definitely like to see is for him to be the kind of defender and rebounder who can create opportunities and take some of that pressure off the guys who they are counting on for offense.

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Doubtful that Roberson would be on the floor at the same time as Westbrook / Durant. At least not often.

Thunder need scoring from 2nd unit guys in worst way. Their bench has zero scoring.

11. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Nba.tv crew seemed fairly high on Dre. One of them said that there are some players that get drafted later because scouts missed on them.... and Dre looks like one of those players. Not going to score a lot, most likely, but played very good defense.

12. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

With recent developments I wouldn't mind seeing Burks in a Nuggets uni.

13. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Roberson with 6 points (3 of 4 shooting), 9 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block and 1 turnover in 26 minutes yesterday. Thunder rallied to beat the Victor Oladipo and the Magic.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

not bad!

15. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

Great job by Roberson! He can be a excellent role player for the Thunder, especially for defense and rebounding. I don't expect him to play much with the Thunder this year (probably under 10 minutes/game average), and probably spend the majority of the time with the Tulsa D league team, but he will probably get some minutes toward the end of the year, and if the Thunder lose Sefolosha, there will be a spot for Roberson as a defensive speclialist.

I think he is on perfect team for his skillset. He will never have to worry about his offense except for spot of threes and fast breaks, and those are things he is stronger at than creating off the dribble. If he can get comfortable hitting threes at a decent clip, he will have a great career in the league.

16. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

The Thunder took the lead with 6 seconds left. When Orlando inbounded the ball, Dre tipped it resulting in a t/o that ended the game.

Darth Snow likes this.
  17. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:woot: rep for sharing that factoid. In the NBA summer league, it's dre's ball!

18. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Alec is doing really well.

19. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

OKC is playing Detroit right now.

20. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

Andre has been doing a great job of rebounding and playing defense so far. What else is new? I've perused some OKC message boards to see what their fans think, and though they questioned the move on draft night, the Thunder fans are starting to come around on him. Given how the Thunder send just about everyone down to their D-league squad, that should be one hell of a team this year.

21. HawaiiBUFF

HawaiiBUFF Well-Known Member

Burks put up 18 points tonight.

22. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

23. NashBuff

24. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

25. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

I know Summer League doesn't mean much, but Roberson is killing it again with 7pts and 11 rebounds and 2 steals so far in the last summer league game against the Rockets.

He might have a chance for some minutes off the bench this year, probably in the 5-10 minute range.

I doubt he will ever be a more than a 8-10ppg scorer, but he can definitely become a defensive stopper and rebounder that can have a long career in the NBA.

26. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

So excited for him. Have to temper that a little bit understanding its summer league, but still very exciting. Really hopeful he puts in the time and adds the corner 3 to his repertoire over the next couple years, with that there is no doubt he will be a rotation guy for a long time in the NBA.

27. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Cory Higgins on the Cavs summer league roster. Xavier Silas playing for the Bucks.

28. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

Nice game for Higgins today. 10 pts., 3 boards, and a team leading (by far) +/- of +20.

29. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Be nice if Higgins can find the right situation. He is never going to be a star but for the right team could have a nice career as a solid bench guy.

30. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

I don't see Higgins playing in the NBA. I hope he can prove me wrong, but he doesn't anything that stands out about his game. No elite skill. He can definitely make a career playing in Europe though.