1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC renews contract with notre dumb

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CarolinaBuff, Jun 19, 2008.

1. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

This is crap because ND is not only getting 7 home games per season, they're also getting one neutral site game every year, which means they'll only be playing 4 true road games every season. :bs: Plus this contract is one of the biggest factors in ND not joining the Big 10, which is where they naturally belong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3452161

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

fine. i say CU puts these ****ers on the sched and whoop there ass where ever they wanna be whooped! **** 'em. :gobuffs:

:smile2:

3. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

I so loathe ND :sad2:

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'd love to schedule them though.

5. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

This makes me hate Notre Dame even more!!!! :sad2:

6. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

I come from a big Catholic family so I have a natural affinity toward ND. I would love to see CU play them in a home and home. Probably won't happen though since they have like 30 rivals.

7. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Lord, how long will a name carry you? They havent fielded a good team in 18 years. All they have is their name and some ancient history. It's about time they are forgotten with the Yales and Harvards of early last century. Let them disappear into the dusty tomes of leatherhead football. Good riddance too, everyone needs to get over them.

8. Daaah

Can we have a big version of your avatar puhlease?

9. buffwings

Sure, as soon as I find the bigger version. :thumbsup: I'll post it, bear with me.

10. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

i am so sick of ND i am still proud of kicking thier ass in the orange bowl

11. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Now that is just not true.

I hate Notre Dame as much as the next person, but the fact is Notre Dame went to back-to-back BCS bowl games in 2005 and 2006. They played in BCS bowls in 1994, 1995 and 2000, as well.

12. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Yeah, but wasn't it the 2000 Fiesta bowl where Oregano St used 'em for toilet paper? Sorta Lame didn't belong in a bcs bowl that year. And the really sad part is that they have a completely different set of rules and can get to a bcs bowl with a worse record/lower ranking that all the other D1 teams.

I'm not sold on the idea that they have a lot of rivals. But, jmho, they have a large following and an equally large anti-crowd. Kinda like one big disfunctional divided family.

13. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

and got there because of thier name only and got thier asses kicked from one side of the field to the other.

that being said, they have recruited very, very well over the last few years. given the right coaching, they *could* be a team to be reckoned with.

i hope they continue to have poor coaching as i have 3 favorite teams every weekend. CU, whoever is playing kneebraska and who ever is playing notre dumb.

14. buffwings

Come now, surely you can honestly say they deserved to be there? Neither of those teams where top 10 as Notre Dame gets a pass to play in the BCS almost every year just because of their name. Non BCS teams have to go undefeated to even a sniff. ND only has to win 7 games and they have a shot.

15. Daaah

Didn't they lose by like 40 to usc the last game of the season one year and still get in the bcs?

edit: 2006
    November 25 at No. 3 USC L 44-24 10-2
    January 3 vs No. 3 LSU L 41-14 10-3

edit2: oh, they also had this that year:
    September 16 No. 11 Michigan L 47-21 2-1

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I wouldn't say they haven't fielded a good team in 18 years. Notre Dame may not have necessarily deserved the BCS bowl bids they have received lately, but they are still an above average program. And like it or not, they are arguably the most recognizable college program in the country.

17. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

They field decent teams, but don't they get an auto BCS bid with 9 wins? That's weak.

18. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

Last time they've even been "in" a bowl game was 98.

19. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Notre Dame is guaranteed a BCS bowl if they finish #8 or better in the final BCS rankings.

20. CarolinaBuff

Unfortunately that's true, so it's not like they're going to fade away, as much as we would all like them to. And looking at this year's schedule, don't be surprised if they end up winning 8 or 9 games. :sad1:

The biggest gripe I have and I'm sure most others do also is that they don't play under the same set of guidelines as everyone else. Not being in a conference, undeservedly receiving BCS bowl bids. OK, they're popular and are on TV nearly every week, but so is Michigan, USC, Florida, etc. Difference is those schools don't get this special treatment

21. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Not only that-- but did you know that Notre Dame receives BCS money EVERY YEAR whether they are in a BCS game or not? If they are in a BCS bowl game, they receive $4.5 million. If they are NOT in a BCS bowl game (suppose they go 3-9 or something) they still receive $1.3 million.

Pretty sweet deal.

22. CarolinaBuff

WHAT?!?? That's f'd up to say the least! Are you sure that's true? I don't doubt your source, but - why in the world would it be set up that way? On the flip side, I thought they received all 12 or 13 million if they went to a bowl game. Isn't that what the per-team payout is these days for a BCS bowl appearance?

23. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: Not being in a conference gives ND an unfair advantage over schools that have to win their conference playoff in order to get to a BCS game.

24. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

No way. :sad2:

**** ND.

25. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

It's set up that way because they had to get ND to sign on when they were creating the BCS. They had the conferences they needed on board, but at the time ND was thought to be a serious national title contender most seasons. Don't get them in the BCS and they go undefeated, the system falls apart. So they demanded a piece of the BCS pie whether they played or not, and they got it. At least that's the way I suspect it happened.

**** ND :sad2:

26. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

They will be too [​IMG] to play us.