1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA 14 Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Games' started by BuffNut99, Mar 12, 2012.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

BCS: #1 Notre Dame (Rumblin) vs. #2 Oklahoma State (BuffNut)
    Rose: #3 Nebraska (scraipermann) vs. #5 USC
    Sugar: #4 Arkansas (DarthSnow) vs. #8 Florida State (Daaaaah)
    Orange: #6 Clemson (slider) vs. #9 Oklahoma
    Fiesta: #11 Iowa (Tini) vs. #7 Georgia

Virginia Tech (HolyBuff) vs. #21 Louisville
    #13 Arizona St. (Durango) vs. West Virginia
    Texas A&M (Brak) vs. Stanford

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Why does it say both me and Georgia are #8?

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

daaaaaaaaaaaaaah, when do you want to pull the upset? I can do tonight 8ish.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Boooo Iowa gets no ****ing respect in this game.

5. Daaah

I won't be able to answer that until I get home around 8 your time. Let's tentatively say then, but I may have to cancel.

6. BuffNut99

Earn it. You lost 3 games this season.

7. Darth Snow

SEC SEC SEC

8. Quattro

To the #2, #3, and #6 team by seven points or less each game.

9. BuffNut99

Or earn it however Snow does ($$$)

That Nebraska loss was a biggie...

10. Darth Snow

No patsies fo me!

11. HolyBuff

HolyBuff Member

you lost to me Tini.....and i didn't help by having a ****** year.

12. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Nut, I can play Wednesday night. Your revenge will have to wait until then.

13. Quattro

Oh that's right I don't think I played Brad this year looking back at it.

14. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

*BREAKING NEWS*

SOUTH BEND, IN

On the eve of playing in the programs first national title game in nearly 20 years, there are swirling rumors that Fighting Irish Head Coach RumblinBuff may be on the verge of announcing his retirement. This shocking scenario appears to over-shaddow game-prep, as every member of the local and national media assembled has only one topic on their minds when addressing members of the team.

For his sake, Coach RumblinBuff has side-stepped the questions, even shouting at one point "I'm not going to let you shove rumor and innuendo in my face. I don't know where you're getting your information, but I do not respond to that level of shoddy journalism."

Sharp words, perhaps, but lacking in a simple denial.

The players have also flirted with straight answers, with freshman running back sensation Mike Jordan saying "Even if I heard something, I wouldn't tell you guys (media members). I'm focused on bringing the national title back to Notre Dame, and the well being of my running mate, (Senior running back) Cierre (Wood)."

Still, the talk continues to grow in ferocity and volume as game day approaches. If Coach RumblinBuff were to retire, it would be as shocking as it would be damaging to the Irish program. Under his watchful eye, Notre Dame has returned to national prominence and 3-straight BCS bowls. To walk away from it now, and not for a bigger payday at another job, seems an unlikely end to this tale.

15. Quattro

Yeah I really wish I would have been able to play that game.

16. Darth Snow

Rumblin = lame. I want a rubber match!

17. Daaah

Sorry. Tonite is not gunna work.

18. Darth Snow

Daaaah also is lame. Tomorrow when?

19. Daaah

20. Quattro

BuffNut I'm in the Fiesta Bowl, not Outback. No longer angry at EA rankings.

21. BuffNut99

AP -- Stillwater, OK

Coach Bradical's Tuesday morning press conference went from the routine to the absurd rather quickly as the coach found himself responding to the swirl of rumors regarding opposing Coach RumblinBuff's future. "I have no comment on his future. Obviously, he is a quality coach who has his team playing incredible football right now. This will be our third meeting in three seasons, we've split the two previous matchups, and we have alot of respect for Notre Dame. But our focus right now is on game preparations."

Asked to expand further on the specualtion, Coach Bradical only offered, "I can see how the pressure of winning week in, week out can take its toll on a coach. I mean, look at my face. Coach RumblinBuff has lost three times in three seasons, I've lost twice, and the expectations and responsibility can get out of control."

Regarding the game, Coach Bradical stated "Obviously, we need to contain their running game. They average over 9 YPC as a team. When they are forced to throw, they do so very efficiently. They don't make many mistakes and they try to wear you out with the run game, as we found out in the 4th quarter of our matchup last year. But we feel as though we can give them some problems offensively with our senior QB Clint Chelf. The guy started every game last season as a Junior and then loses his job to a Sophomore (JW Walsh) this fall. He sits on the bench for three games, and after the (Arizona State) loss, we put him in and all he does is throw for over 2,500 yards and 20 TDs. He's a true competitor, a true leader."

"As far as our running game, Jeremy Smith (1132 yards, 14 TDs) remains doubtful and Herschell Sims is going to get the start. We have a good stable of guys back there, not as talented or deep as Notre Dame, but we can run the ball a little."

"Defensively, we have some guys capable of making some plays against the run. Our front seven is going to have to have a huge game, obviously. We probably have a slight edge in the kicking game, otherwise, it's a very even matchup."

Asked what he expects the game to come down to, Coach Bradical replied, "Turnovers, special teams, and intoxication."

22. Darth Snow

nicely done gents :lol:. I look forward to seeing daaaaah ground n pound my D into snot.

23. BuffNut99

AP -- Stillwater, OK

What should have been a routine pre-championship game press conference turned into bedlam today as one press member has been hospitalized and two more received minor injuries after Coach Bradical's Tuesday morning press conference became violent and spilled into the hallway of the OSU Athletic Department.

After refusing to answer any further questions about Notre Dame Coach RumblinBuff's future, several members of the media pursued Coach Bradical into the claustrophobic hallway, and, with microphones shoved in the coach's face, continued their interrogation. "Look, I don't know if he's retiring! I know that he blogs alot and he plays some softball over the summer! Put one of your leeches on him and find out for yourself!"

With multiple reporters asking questions simulataneously, and the Coach unable to find safe passage out of the sea of reporters, the Coach continued his harangue. "We're just trying to win a football game! Is our top RB out? Yes! Is our top MLB out? Yes! Will our backup MLB Chris "The Mayor" Dinkins have to have a great game? Yes!"

When no exit became available, Coach Bradical lunged at and began choking ESPN reporter Tom Rinaldi, who fell backward into his cameraman and several other reporters. Coach Bradical got up, threw a blind haymaker at the person immediately behind him, barely missed Joe Schad but instead hit Holly Rowe squarely in the face. A cameraman then pushed the coach into Erin Andrews, and the coach fell on top of Erin Andrews and stayed there for several seconds. Amidst the chaos, the coach was able to escape the hallway into an athletic office. Holly Rowe was upgraded to "stable but disfigured" at the Stillwater Hospital.

24. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I don't remember the score but I beat Oklahoma by a lot. Blake Bell did pretty well against me tho. RTA.

25. Daaah

Snow wins. He's obviously the better player, but it could have been a lot closer if a)my guys would hold on to the ****ing ball, and b)if my secondary did not inexplicably give up a hail mary at the end of the 1st half. WTF, dudes?

26. Darth Snow

I want to know wtf you were doing calling that blitz cover 3 in that situation.

Daaah is a gamer, and he could teach me a thing or two about usin the tight end. two early turnovers put him up 10-7, but that D screw up put me up for good and he didn't score the rest of The way. Once he started putting up turnovers, I turned it in to a rout.

27. Daaah

Duh. I had a few homebrew applewines and went for the sack thinking the worst that would happen would be a long pass. I had no idea my dickbag CB and safety would both let your wr get behind them on the last play of the half. Idots.

What sucks is that I am actually getting better at this game just as a new one is about to come out. I can sometimes pass without consistently throwing interceptions. I've learned to run with my qb and i have figured out how to run the ball at times. Oh well.

BTW, Snow - can you tell me how you were forcing those fumbles? Is there a trick?

28. Darth Snow

I was hitting your qb and wr hard. And pressing the LB. Think I only got one other fumble. You gotta go down earlier with your qb. As I found out :lol:

29. Daaah

Yeah, Yeah. Anyway. Good game, man. Maybe I can get you next year....

30. Darth Snow

Anytime. Jon embree approves of your offense