1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA 2011 Offseason

Discussion in 'Games' started by BuffNut99, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

'Players Leaving' stage. See who's graduating, and spend time convincing players to not jump to NFL early or transfer. Also, you can see who's transferring to you (and anywhere else) by (left trigger) choosing 'All Teams.'

I am going to advance Friday night 9pm MDT, or earlier if everyone is done. We should be able to get thru these stages very quickly, so please take a few minutes each day or so and take care of your tasks.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. BuffNut99

I convinced RB John Clay to stay... whew...

Looks like SnowBuff has his hands full with players jumping...

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

kept 5 out of 8... lost tyler wilson, which realy sucks. he was gonna be an 85+ backup QB next year and hes got serious wheels. Got a 4 star QB coming in... But I kept all of my key defenders on the line, Mallet, and Childs. lost a backup WR that was my 3d stringer and slow as hell but pretty good, a 82 overall SS, and Tyler. only got like 1 hour left :lol:.

could have been worse. still set up for a big run next year, but QB depth is scary.

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Ok, I convinced everyone to stay. But how do I see if I've got any transfers coming in? Left trigger does nothing.

5. BuffNut99

When you're looking at your team's list of players graduating etc., hold left trigger and scroll to 'All Teams'

I remember seeing that Arky got a big RB transfer and that AZ State got a QB transfer - they can't play until 2012 of course

6. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Yup, just saw my transfer. Kid by the name of Nick Florence. Good move leaving Waco for Tempe! He's listed as a RS Soph, so he'd only have one year to play for me after sitting out, right? Oh well, he can come in after that turnover machine Threet leaves. :) He's an 83 overall with 83 speed, 83 throw power and 84 throw accuracy. Not bad.

7. Daaah

I'm not getting seeing anything. Maybe I just dont have any transfers. What kinda ****forbrains would transfer to boise anyway?

[​IMG]

8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Well no one is leaving early for me. I do have I think six seniors rated in the 90's graduating tho. No transfers in or out. Ready to advance

9. Darth Snow

Damn, if I did get a big RB transfer, that sucks I don't get him for a year. RB is pretty damn weak for Arky. Very few awesome runs this year. All scheme dependent.

10. Daaah

Can someone tell me if I got any transfers coming in? I don't seem to see the area to find them. And the Left Trigger isn't doing anything. When I was worrying about people transferring I happened to look into my QB depth and uh, I could REALLY use a quality QB transfer that would sit out next year.

11. sliderNcider

The easy way to see transfers is by sorting (X button) the year until freshman come up. Most transfers are frosh or soph so it basically lists all transfers. Of course make sure it is set on All Teams

12. BuffNut99

Sorry fight1414/rebel1414, I gave you an extra night, you weren't in jeopardy of losing anyone better than an 83, and the CPU might have kept them

Advanced to Recruiting Week 1, would like to advance Sunday night 9 pm MDT

13. Darth Snow

hope my computer accepted my transfer. stupid dynasty won't let me look at the roster in this stage. ready to go for recruiting round 2.

14. Daaah

Yeah, I never could figure out how do to that either.

15. BuffNut99

Yes, it did. You can't look at rosters until after recruiting is over but the 'Accept Transfers' stage is one that I advanced through because, unless you DON'T want to accept a transfer, it is nothing more than being able to look at transfers you got, which you were able to do in 'Players Leaving' anyway i.e. it defaults to accepting all transfers

I think if you look at 'Career Stats' it may show you what the transfer did at their previous school last year, if they played and accumulated stats, and it shows you who you have returning who accumulated stats last year

16. Darth Snow

I was figuring thats why you did that. I'm not too worried, it probably wont matter anyways unless the pace picks up on our seasons.

17. Daaah

I'm ready.

18. Daaah

??

19. BuffNut99

I advanced - I was affording fightcu1414 the chance to recruit if he wants to, everyone else was ready

20. Daaah

Cool. I like how we are really moving along now. Personally, it probably won't work out well as Boise was really top heavy, but it'll be more fun to play through a few seasons.

21. sliderNcider

Ready to advance. I stole a 3* (JUCO) TE from Pitt and got two others this week. One was a tackle and the other was a RB. I think my class is mostly done and I think I've solidified myself in the top 25.

22. Darth Snow

I'm done, may not get any more guys. The first week was really rough on me due to not having any time left from trying to save my next season from early graduation from transfer. and that RB transfer was a ****ing RS Jr so I will only have hiim for one season even if he is decent.

23. BuffNut99

Hoping to get a few more this offseason - so far I only have 11 guys in my class but 8 are 4* and 6 are in the "ESPN U" overall top 150

Waiting on a few more, will advance at 10pm Tues MDT or earlier if everyones done - please make sure you check off "ready to advance" when you're done

24. Daaah

So have my guys already gotten thier offseason ratings bumps, or does that happen later?

25. Darth Snow

later. probalby only get one day to look at that tho since we don't do anything on that day. Nut could advance the league without any harm.

26. Daaah

Done with week 3. Got screwed by a server timeout or something though. Tried to schedule a visit with a 5* QB but got an error. Logged back in, no visit scheduled, lost 40 minutes of time. ****ing bastards!

27. BuffNut99

Advanced to Week 3 recruiting - will advance again Thursday night 8pm MDT

28. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

I think I'm doing fairly well for recruiting for an average, 7-6 program with a lot of holes. lol

29. BuffNut99

“I've always said the one key to recruiting is to recruit the mom. So I'm recruiting the mom hard right now.”

“I am all about the fit; as you media guys get to know them (recruits) and be around them, they smile a lot, they are very engaging, they have a positive vibe to them and they come from great families. Nearly half of this class were scholar athletes, almost half of this class were team captains and almost half of them were on state championship teams. That’s kind of the mode I’ve always worked in."

“So many times people ask me what my sales pitch is. I don’t really have one. I tell them what we’re about, what we’re doing. We are trying to attract the kind of guys that will fit in here, they guys that we want—and if that fits with what their needs and wants are then it’s good."

“Clearly our staff has done an awesome job. These guys work tirelessly and efficiently. All of our [operations] guys at home, they do a great job with visits and setting things up. Everybody has been tremendously awesome about helping. It’s a full-throttle effort; you’ve got to dot all of your I’s, and cross all of your T’s and I think our people have done that. I would say good things happen to good people, and if you work hard and do things right good things happen.”

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  30. sliderNcider

Ready to advance. I got a pretty solid Juco 3* FS and a 2* FB this week. Not too impressive but I needed them both. Now just fighting for a Punter and some other future back-ups