1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA 2012 Week 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by BuffNut99, Dec 9, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

(week preview coming soon, EA site down)

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Let me guess, I got no commitments. Even that QB from Idaho. ****!

3. Von Snoot

Von Snoot New Member

I hate that QB from Idaho -- he's just ****-teasing us non-Boise schools -- and I hope his knee explodes freshman year.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

**** that QB. I don't need him. If we maek it to a 3d season, or if Mallet goes down, you guys will see PAIN.

5. BuffNut99

Sorry, no Week 4 Preview as I advanced the week while the EA servers were down and the story never got auto-written. But the user matchups of the week are Pitt (Capt. Pimp) @ Florida State (Fame N Fortune) and Wisconsin (Bradical) @ Missouri (Brak12). If I'm going to slip up, it may be here. And Pimp, beware FameNFortune, I believe he is pretty damn good.

Your Top 25:

1 Wisconsin
    2 Alabama
    3 USC
    4 Oklahoma
    5 TCU
    6 Arkansas
    7 Ohio State
    8 LSU
    9 Florida State
    10 Stanford

11 Texas
    12 Nebraska
    13 Virginia Tech
    14 Washington
    15 Pittsburgh
    16 Texas A&M
    17 Florida
    18 Utah
    19 Miami
    20 Auburn
    21 North Carolina
    22 Boise State

23 Tennessee
    24 Michigan State
    25 Texas Tech

6. Daaah

How am I still ranked? Whatever...

And I've got another bye? ****.

7. Darth Snow

very interested to see how the wisco-mizzou game goes. I got a 4* guard in an autocommit last week, and my big visitation weekend looks to be the LSU game. Going heavy after offensive linemen and hopeful CB candidates. God I'm ****ed at CB.

8. BuffNut99

It's going to be between me and Daaah for that Idaho QB, and between me and FameNFortune for the #1 RB. Trying to get some depth on the OLine, and my LBs are weak

9. BuffNut99

With the amount of negative recruiting I'm doing against you, the young man is thinking twice

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

****...only #19? NCAA doesn't like Miami.

11. Quattro

I destroyed USF today 49-17....but it should have been 63-3. Both of their TD's came off of turnovers. One was a punt that I fumbled and returned and the other was a pick six.

12. Darth Snow

Arky squeaks by Bama 23-13. Bama intercepted mallet for the 3d time with 3 minutes left to play, but had to start the drive from their own 3. They were driving into hog territory with less than 2 minutes left with the hogs clinging to a 20-13 lead, but nelson stepped in front of a bama pass and returned it into field goal range. 3 plays later, it was 23-13. Then arkansas picked the next pass from bama to end the game.

Mallet had an awful day. I threw one bad pass and then he couldn't hit the broadside of the barn. He had over 300 yards passing, but should have had about 450. missed a wide open Joe Adams on a wheel route that would have gone for a 70 yard TD, and then threw way behind childs on the final pick on what should have been an easy 30 yard TD. Very frustrating game. Just glad I got out of bama with a win. That defense was nasty.

Also, uploaded a SICK run by wingo who ended up bursting through half the bama D for a 13 yard TD in the first quarter.

13. BuffNut99

Wisconsin 66 Missouri 41

Brak probably wins this game with even teams. Missouri led 21-9 in the 2nd and 21-17 at the half but saw the Badgers go on a 57-20 run behind two 3rdQ fumbles and John Clay, who amassed 374 yds rushing and 6 TDs. Clay now has 1,169 yards in the first four games, although I'm not sure if the stats from the game were counted, the game froze during postgame (please don't turn off xbox without going to main menu first, the other person can't upload highlights and things like stats get buggy). Wisconsin, for the record, threw a total of 6 passes and started chewing the clock in the 3rd quarter (Brak accused me of running up score after a 74 yd QB run near gun). Tyler Gabbert (MZ) was 18-26, 353, 5/0 (could not stop).The Badgers gained 458 team rushing yards (17.6 team ypc - was not stopped).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  14. Darth Snow

Wow. If you have less than 50 pts against me I'm gonna be shocked. I'm amazed I held brak to 17. after that bama game I have little hope. 374 yards rushing against a human opponent? Seriously?? By one guy? Unheard of. We are all doomed.

15. Daaah

Is it possible to get instant commits or x2 bonuses when doing recruiting online? I never see that **** when I recruit online.

16. BuffNut99

Mizzou's D is pretty slow and depleted, I just kept pounding away at him and tried to keep his offense off the field, but we both kept scoring at will w/t/e of two Mizzou fumbles in the 3rd. Brak had seen me twice before in ranked matches, so he knows my tendencies, etc., the teams were just completely uneven, and he's been playing with a backup QB since before he played Arky. My OLine is what stirs the drink, but Clay is absurd.

Snow, I know you're probably in control of your own destiny to get to the title game, but you have some huge user games at the end of the year to get past first.

17. BuffNut99

I've gotten an instant commit before online, but not the multiplier.

18. Darth Snow

My control is weak, I have awesome players at skill positions, but a weak ol. My only decent players on d are on the dl, but I fully expect to have to play perfectly on O to have a chance. Who do I play late in the season? Cause I am pretty sure it won't end well for me.

19. BuffNut99

You play CaptPimpaHo/Pitt (currently #15) and then FameNFortune/Florida State (currently #9), both should be wars. Fight1414/Stanford and VonSnoot/VA Tech could both run the table and in Week 12 play for a spot in title game as well, Miami a darkhorse with possibly best overall team on paper, but has 3 games vs. users in conference play...

20. Quattro

But when I play with them...it all goes down the toilet. Not really because Harris is a dual threat but my Rb isn't very fast.

21. BuffNut99

Just waiting on:

CaptPimp/Pitt vs. FameNFortune/FSU
    Von Snoot vs. CPU
    slider vs. CPU (Internet yet, slider?)

22. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Once I get it set up that's the first thing I'll do. If I don't in time auto-pilot me

23. Daaah

I'll do my recruiting today

24. Quattro

Mines all done....got a lot riding on my game vs BC. I think I have 20 visits on that day, maybe more.

25. Daaah

Recruiting done. Ready to advance.

26. BuffNut99

Buffalo Soldier/Pitt - your opponent is trying to reach you...

27. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat Club Member

Pittsburgh 24 - Florida State 17

The first quarter of this game was very uneventful with the only scoring coming on a Pitt field goal with 1:03 left in the first quarter. Florida State took the ensuing kick and drove it for a touchdown with 4:25 left in the second on a Manuel to Haulstead 6 yard completion. Pitt got the ball back and proceeded to march toward the endzone, aided significantly by 3 Florida State encroachment penalties. Pat Bostick capped the drive with a 5 yard pass to Saddler for six. Florida State was forced to punt, and Pitt got the ball back with 1:18 left in the half, and they wasted no time striking quickly on Bostick completions of 21, 12, and 20 yards to bump the score to 17-7 with 55 seconds remaining, and that's where it would stay through halftime.

Florida State opened the 2nd half with the ball, but couldn't get anything going on their opening possession, being forced to punt again. Pitt took the ball deep in their own territory, and got a 9 yard completion on first down, but couldn't convert on the next two plays to bring up 4th down. In a play that could have turned the game, Pitt opted to run the QB sneak on 4th and inches deep in their own territory. The sneak failed, and Florida State was able to make them pay dearly just four plays later, as Thomas took the ball around the left end for the touchdown. Pitt was forced to punt again on the following drive, and had it not been for a sack late in the following Florida State drive, another touchdown would have gone up on the board, but Florida State had to settle for the field goal on this drive. Pitt got the ball back with 18 seconds left in the 3rd, and grabbed a quick 30 yards on a rush by Graham, and a 24 yard pass to Cruz. On the first play of the 4th quarter, Dion Lewis took the ball around the right end for a 49 yard touchdown. Florida State got the ball back, and used ball control to burn time off the clock. They had the ball down to the Pitt 10 yard line, threatening to score and tie up the game, when Manuel inexplicably through the ball right into the arms of Pitt linebacker Ezell for the interception. Pitt took the opportunity to start trying to run the clock out with a steady dose of Dion Lewis. This forced Florida State to burn through their time outs. Then with only 49 seconds left in the game, Lewis put the ball on the turf and it was recovered by McCray of FSU. FSU went into quick strike mode from 49 yards out, throwing two quick completions to Reed to put the ball on the 10. The next play resulted in a touchdown, but the catch was nullified by a holding call on the offense. Manuel threw a quick strike to Fortson to get the ball to the 10 again, and then with 12 seconds left, he got a ball to Thomas for 3 yards and a first down to momentarily stop the clock. Unfortunately for FSU, there were only 5 seconds left on the clock when they broke the huddle, and Pitt took the victory when they couldn't get a final play off.

Honestly, that was the best defense I've ever played, and I needed every bit of it to get by FameNFortune. He is a tough, tough competitor. A little bit of luck goes a long way. Highlights of the game should be online for those who wish to view them.

28. BuffNut99

ill advance around 1am tonight (Sat night)

29. Quattro

Why not now?

30. BuffNut99

advanced