1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA 2013 Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Games' started by BuffNut99, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (7-5) ===============
    Arizona State will face Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl.

=============== #11 Arkansas Razorbacks (11-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 31-17 against Georgia (11-1).
    #6 Arkansas will face #9 Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #12 Washington Huskies (10-2) ===============
    #12 Washington will face #3 Utah in the Rose Bowl.

=============== Boise State Broncos (8-4) ===============
    Boise State will face Cal in the Emerald Bowl.

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 38-14 against North Carolina (11-2).
    #3 Florida State will face #6 Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

=============== #24 Michigan Wolverines (8-4) ===============
    #24 Michigan will face #20 Florida in the Gator Bowl.

=============== #10 Missouri Tigers (11-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 52-10 against Texas (11-2).
    #13 Missouri will face #4 Alabama in the Fiesta Bowl.

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-5) ===============
    Nebraska will face Stanford in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #16 North Carolina Tar Heels (11-2) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 38-14 against Florida State (12-1).
    #18 North Carolina will face West Virginia in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (6-6) ===============
    Virginia Tech will face Oregon State in the Brut Sun Bowl.

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (12-0) ===============
    #1 Wisconsin will face #2 Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Bowl Game:
    I played WVU in the Orange Bowl. Pretty much destroyed them. I was without Bernard because of a studid injury glitch but my back up went for over 100. Renner threw for over 400 and I had a WR with over 300 yards receiving. I set all kinds of school records in this game.

On the season I had a 1300 yard rusher, 3000 yard passer, 1300 yard receiver. Pretty successful season for me with only a loss to Wisconsin (f duke). Next season I take considerable steps back on D and the OL, so this was definitely my year to shine.

3. BuffNut99

Repeating as NC tonight.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm excited to see what I do with actual players on D next year. Hopefully some of them grow up, and hopefully a few of my corners come in ready to play. Even my O was woefully slow on the outside. I may be rated A-, but that all comes from my RB's. I have a 96 Overall WR that is like an 82 speed :lol:. overall ratings aside, the only fast players I had on my entire team were my RBs (and my QB), and when my best one went down I really started to have issues.

That said, Nut beat me fair and square with a great 4th quarter comeback to win the national championship. Looking forward to losing to Ohio State in my bowl game (non BCS :bang:) and heading into the offseason.

This upcoming season will be our LAST season correct? so only recruit if you plan on continuing it offline?

5. BuffNut99

Yes, the "2014 season" will be the last one. Recruiting will have no impact, and I don't even think that there is the option of playing it offline in this year's version (haven't searched exhaustively, but if the option exists EA moved it - I did look pretty hard a while back)

6. Darth Snow

Ugh.

No option. SO LAME. From the internets:

7. BuffNut99

I only used the option once, to "scout" a human opponent before playing them last year... :rolling_eyes:

8. Darth Snow

Arkansas 35- Ohio State Cheaters 31.

Another nail biter ends, this time in Arkansas favor. Starting QB mitchell went down for the count in the 2d quarter, but his backup was decent in clinching a bowl victory. Back and forth game that came down to a long TD completion to a RB when the bucks blitzed AGAIN for Arkansas to go up with less than 2 minutes left. After that, the buckeyes shredded the pathetic hog secondary to drive down to the 20 yard line down 4 with 40 seconds left. However, the hogs defensive line came alive with a sack on an ill advised play action attempt by the bucks, and then the secondary finall stepped up with a knockdown on 4th and 10 after a penalty negated a big 2d down gain to keep the bucks behind the ball.

Bucks had 430 yards passing on 35 attempts, while the hogs averaged nearly 10ypc and made big plays in the passing game on 50% completion rate to keep up.

it was my #4 all time "best game" rating. I have had the top 3 ALL IN THIS SEASON. Ridiculous shootouts all season. UGH, so happy its over, it was miserable and heart wrenching.

I don't know what my defensive ranking is (damn the NCAA online site SUCKS), but it was probably pretty terrible.

That said, I did survive with a now guaranteed top 10 ranking and I have addressed my major holes for next year. Hope some of these kids are good! No more redshirts, time to KILL!

9. BuffNut99

I looked at it before our game - we were both middle of the road (#40-50) overall, great at the run (I was #1 before giving up 340 to you, I think you were #2) but we were both between 110th-120th in pass D.

10. sliderNcider

What are your DB's rated Snow?

11. Darth Snow

I lost so much to early graduation during my first 2 years, its a little rough. Remember, I am playing in the SEC (everyone is like an A there, and it is turrible!)

They are all slow, but my CB's are rated 82 (senior), 76, 69, 67, 61, 61.

Strong safeties: 80 (senior), 73, 72. Losing my SS to early graduation last year hurt.

Free Safety: 81 (RS Jr), 74 (starting OLB, 90+ speed), 72, 70.

SO ya, URP.

12. sliderNcider

Mine's comparable.
    FS-85
    SS-77
    CB-79, 73, 68 etc

13. BuffNut99

My CBs this year were: 85 (Sr), 82 (Sr), 75 (Jr), 74, 64, 61

FS: 87 (Sr), 62, 53

SS: 72 (Soph), 72 (Jr), 70 (Jr)

In short, I'm going to be even worse next year. Pass away.

14. Darth Snow

I'm excited to have better awareness, at least. I can't even comment on how many times my guys watched a WR catch a deep ball. UGH. Worst ever.

15. BuffNut99

The good news for me, after looking again, is that I got two 5* ATHs who look like they're going to be CBs, and two 4* Ss coming in. Recruiting definitely becomes more of a challenge when you get deeper into a Dynasty, and/or when you have a big departing class. You can get killed if you undersign and don't plan ahead.

16. Darth Snow

for sure. I just wasn't getting CB recruits interested in my my first few years because of my "depth" but all my depth wasn't very good and either graduated early or never developed. I knew it was coming, but couldn't do anything about it. ARGGH! This was the first year anyone decent was interested in me. I think I've taken 4 CBs. They may ALL start :lol:

17. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Michigan caps off a disappointing season after a win over #20 Florida, 20-17.​

Michigan capped off a disappointing 9-4 season with a close win over Florida in the Gator Bowl. Tate Forcier went 14-19 for 300 yards and a TD and a crucial INT that almost cost Big Blue the game. Michigan finally got their running game to help move the ball where SR Vincent Smith rushed for 91 yards and a TD. Throughout this years campaign, Michigan struggled to fire on all cylinders and the D failed to get crucial stops when they mattered the most. The only constant was SR QB Tate Forcier capped off a record breaking season, passing for 4035 yards and 36 TDs but also with 17 INTs. Next year may be a bigger struggle, especially in the passing game where they lose Forcier to the draft but gain RS SR Denard Robinson but they also lose SR WR Roy Roundtree and SR WR Terrance Robinson, who were crucial parts to their passing game.

18. BuffNut99

Wisconsin Rides 35-Game Win Streak to Back-to-Back National Championships

Wisconsin 65 Notre Dame 31

Four interceptions in the first quarter-plus, two of which were returned for TDs, doomed the Irish to an early 31-7 hole and a blowout loss in the title game. Departing Senior QB Kurt Phillips, who has had a rollercoaster career since being named starter as a Sophmore (only to be later benched) and whose Junior season was ended early by injury (only to watch his team claim the title from the sideline), capped off his career with 325 yards and 3 TDs passing and 140 yards and 1 TD rushing. Phillips, who finished 4th in the Heisman voting due to his 1,027 yard rushing year, refused to be pulled from the game during scrub time. Jr RB Montee Ball, who claimed the Heisman (3rd straight by Badger RBs), finished with 3,202 yards and 45 TDs rushing depsite a pedestrian last few games.

Season Recap

"We had a much different road this time around," exhaled Coach Bradical, referring to the number of close-call games this year in contrast to the number of blowouts last year. The Badgers were not helped by arguably the hardest schedule in the nation, playing North Carolina (slider), Arkansas (Snow), Washington (UGA), and Nebraska (Bugeater) in non-conference play, as well as Michigan (Smokey) in Big 10 play. While the Badgers offense was yet again #1 in offense, rushing offense, and scoring, Wisconsin's defense was much maligned all year, finishing near-last in passing defense and was virtually unable to stop the opposition at times. Coach Bradical enters the final year of his contract 32-0 in the Big 10, and riding a 35-game win streak, winning every game since losing to Stanford (rebel1414) in Week 4 of 2011.

19. Darth Snow

Jesus. if Ball doesn't go pro, something is wrong :wow:. I can't believe you get such ridiculous rushing yards on O against the CPU. I need to see this ****.

20. BuffNut99

Well I won't be getting 3K+ with Ball against the CPU on Heisman next season... prolly more like 2K-2,500... 13.7 ypc this year will go down to about 10 ypc, assuming I can rebuild my O-Line (losing three 90+ OLs). I fully expect to have him back, I had this conversation with John Clay twice, he always came back.

21. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

I can get 400 yds rushing out of one back on a consistant basis versus the CPU, thats on AA though.

22. BuffNut99

Dems fightin' words. Get an Xbox and throw your hat in the arena.

23. Darth Snow

wow. impressive. I never can... however my offense is designed, it does work (400-600 ypg usual), but it always spreads the ball around more. Which is interesting, cause it gets pretty much the same stats against humans as it does against the CPU. Except for against Nut, my O went a little nuts against him on the ground :lol:. I mean, Nut had a damn good offense, but I didn't see anything unmanageable about his ground game. The worst problem was the amount of missed tackles I got. Ball is a beast!
    We are all gonna struggle next year. I hope to god my young Oline starts to step up, cause having bad pass protection is gonna get us kilt! However, I still hope Ball goes pro! :lol:

24. Darian3Hagan

I wish I had one I'm itchin to join, maybe after I move this summer. Big twins counter FTMFW.

25. Darth Snow

besides, whats the hold up? I wanna get to recruiting.

26. BuffNut99

I think 3-4 guys still need to play their games - I said I'd advance on Friday night

27. BuffNut99

Don't forget that in our first few attempts, I was running like crazy on your and stuffing your run - it was after we got familiar with each other that we each had to adjust, you went to the run and I went to the pass. I had 100+ yards rushing on you in the 1stQ of our first game.

28. BuffNut99

Btw, I usually get 400+ team rushing ypg (QB always invovled), thrown in with 200-450 passing ypg, depending on how pissed I am.

29. Darian3Hagan

I usually have a 2000yd rusher and receiver and a 5,000 yd QB by the end of the season. I just got my PS3 so I wanted to get comfortable before going to Heisman, but AA now is too easy.

30. sliderNcider

Looks like I'm gonna have to start playing some Heisman to get used to the difficulty.