1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Football 2010

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kameltosis, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

So, the new NCAA comes out in July and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in starting an online dynasty and or season with me.

Or, we can just play for the **** of it.

2. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Who's going to be on the cover? Will J-fly still be in the game?

3. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I'm not sure if I'll get it on the 360 or PS3 yet. You have a 360 right?

4. Kameltosis

Yeah.

If you get a bunch of people in a dynasty it's really addictive. You basically manage your team and play your schedules against eachother it's pretty fun!

5. Kameltosis

There are 4 different ones for each console

Xbox has Crabtree from TT
    PS3 has B. Johnson from Utah
    PSP has that asshat Sanchez
    PS2 has Orakpo from Texas (odd choice)

6. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

What is the expectation for how often you have to play your dynasty games? I'd be interested in joining, I am formidable, but I can't play, say, daily...

7. SkiTownUSA

:yeahthat:

Do you have to been on weekly at a certain time? Do make your own conference so you always play people or do you play some player vs comp games too.

8. BuffNut99

Good question - my guess would be "Yes", based upon previous iterations. I think EA sets the rosters after Spring Games and uses the roster releases from teams (plus lists of incoming freshman, guessing on their jersey #s) to create their rosters - then they rely on you to download any updates.

9. SkiTownUSA

Huh, they're just calling it NCAA 10, not 2010.

10. Kameltosis

We would just play whenever everyone has a free minute and we can coordinate on here and through Live messages. Understandably people have lives to live and stuff and there's no set date and time each week that we have to play....we can take as long or as short as we need to to play through a season.

11. SkiTownUSA

Lets just say it was us two. I'm CU your Neb. Do we each play the CPU until we are scheduled to play each other?

I just noticed that Erin Andrews is in the game. :woot: hottie!

12. Kameltosis

Yup Yup. We could play all the season games and then play each other.... or we could sim all the games up to the rivalry game...any way the group wanted to do it. Or we can just do simple quick plays and keep a running tally of W/L's for bragging rights. I did this a little last year in one of my dynastys because a lot of people hate the recruiting part of the dynasty stuff but I enjoy it. By the way I'm no god at the game....My online record has more L's than W's. It's hard to play some people online...especially only ever using Nebraska and EVERY DAMN PERSON USES West Virginia and their overrated speed quarterback that can run faster than almost every defender J*()#U*$@#*)$@....sorry...had to vent.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  13. SkiTownUSA

I love the recruiting stuff. I probably enjoy the recruiting and off season stuff more than playing actual games. I would be fun to have a bunch of people in a season. I could get my sucker of a brother in law to play so we can beat the rams up :lol:.

This online dynasty mode may have talked me into getting it on 360 instead of PS3.

14. BuffNut99

Not this year, Pat White will be gone... although Jarrett Brown should still be pretty good. I consider myself to be quite good, but 90% I'm pounding on the computer, not much human competition available.

How do you handle rosters? Do you do them yourself or download rosters? (I believe as the administrator, we would all be using whatever roster file you designated, yes?)

15. Kameltosis

I could care less about names on rosters as I usually leave the numbers on there but change key players to their actual names so I know who my receivers/qb/and which RB is who...other then that I usually leave them numbers. I can download though...ive done it before. Hopefully before asshat Sam Kellar wins his stupid f'ing class action lawsuit. God, what a f'ing prick.

16. Kameltosis

I haven't gotten a PS3 yet for a couple reasons...

1)Xbox generally has better game titles come out
    2)I hate Sony's controllers...they are very uncomfortable for me cuz I have large hands.
    3)Price
    4)Xbox has a better online community and features like Netflix etc.

I'll prob get one if they get cheaper

17. SkiTownUSA

The Bluray alone is worth it. But, you are right about the online. PS online is crap compared to Xbox. I don't play online much tho. I've never played NCAA online, so this will be a new experience.

18. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I have a 360, and I am considering purchasing it... but it had better have a robust OFFLINE dynasty mode, or I'm not interested.

19. SkiTownUSA

I've been reading their website and there seems to be a lot of changes. Improved cpu AI, recruiting, and tons of others. I'm excited.

20. Kameltosis

It Does! Im still playing my 2009 in game year 2024 I think....12 straight national titles on Hesiman difficulty :D. Took me a year or two to get good enough recruits to beat the better teams.

2010 is adding a bunch of new features too! Check this out!

[video=youtube;wMivj-9EXVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMivj-9EXVc[/video]

Just seeing the vamped running action and tackle breaks looks amazing.

[video=youtube;sFZlORLmqQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZlORLmqQU&feature=related[/video]

21. dio

I've got to be honest... the 2nd clip looks kind of crappy compared to what you see with lots of games these days (animation/graphics wise)

22. Kameltosis

Really? I dont' think so at all? The running dynamics and player motions look much smoother...plus its a youtube video and the qual is crap.

You also can't compare a football games grafix to that of other games because other games have the option to use processing power for sprites etc while this game generally has to animate 22 models at the exact same time all having distinct processed actions and that's not even counting the crowd, mascots, ball motions, wind etc etc

23. dio

Meh - not impressed... but I will probably still get it, as I haven't purchased a football game in 2 years, so I am due.

24. Kameltosis

When Im playing my 09 on my 56" and HD turned on....the atmosphere makes it feel like I'm in the game and the graphics are great! Nothing like running a 70 yard touchdown and running over to Herbie and throwing him the football to have him schuck it like corn and start to eat it.

You guys run up to the buffalo mascot and start porkin it ;) j/k

Actually when playing the buffs at either stadium and if the games close....your controller vibrates hard as **** to the crowds noise...it's really intense. Anyone that's played 09 would agree. 08 was a bag of ****.

25. SkiTownUSA

:finger2:

Really? When playing in Lincoln your stadium is usually empty by the end of the first half. Strange.

87toInfinity and dio like this.
  26. BuffNut99

If they don't finally (re)include formation subs, I will be very disappointed. A feature that hasn't been included in any 360 versions (but was in every XBox version) - it allows you to (from your Dynasty main menu) place certain guys in certain formations, so you can get alot more guys on the field and not have to make subs during the game.

27. dio

Create-a-team?

28. SkiTownUSA

29. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I wish they'd bring back all time and National Championship teams. Not sure if the 360/PS3 versions have ever had the Alltime teams, but I loved that on the XBOX.

30. Kameltosis

Yeah that was fun...but 95' NU ****ing destroyed everything except for 2001 Miami....they usually gave me a run for my money.