What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA poised to create separate division for SEC, Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12, Big 12

I'm not sure I understand what this means, but I feel like we're pulling a Texas on college football. Some are more equal.

Is the SEC still pissed that a Mountain West team beat them in a BCS bowl?

This seemed likely to happen with or without the NCAA. This way, the NCAA can keep its hands in football.

I'm not thrilled but glad CU would be at the table. csu fans would be pissed which is nice.
Thought the same thing. The days of us losing recruiting battles to non BCS teams may be numbered. Even a BSU would be on the outside looking in. I guess for kids with family $ it may not influence their decision but I would venture to bet that 90% of the high 3* and above athletes would be swayed by the additional $ support.

Thought the same thing. The days of us losing recruiting battles to non BCS teams may be numbered. Even a BSU would be on the outside looking in. I guess for kids with family $ it may not influence their decision but I would venture to bet that 90% of the high 3* and above athletes would be swayed by the additional $ support.

This is exactly right. I think this has the potential to really help CU, because we have a higher cost of living here, so we can "pay" more to the athletes. And even though it's expensive to live in Boulder, we all know there are ways to do things very cheaply there, too.

And schools like CSU are officially screwed. Utah and TCU just got in under the wire, it would seem.

It really helps CU?

I think it has the potential to, yes. OTOH, it may not make any difference at all. We can do more to help our own situation than the NCAA can, but I think this could be a good thing for us. Figure there are a certain number of BCS quality recruits every year. A percentage of those go to non-BCS schools. That percentage will *likely* go down as a result of this. CU is one of the places where those recruits would likely end up.

I think it has the potential to, yes. OTOH, it may not make any difference at all. We can do more to help our own situation than the NCAA can, but I think this could be a good thing for us. Figure there are a certain number of BCS quality recruits every year. A percentage of those go to non-BCS schools. That percentage will *likely* go down as a result of this. CU is one of the places where those recruits would likely end up.

Hard for me to see it any other way than that. Especially while we are not consistently winning recruiting battles against the likes of Boise State. Assuming we get back to a winning tradition it may be less of a factor because I assume by then we will be battling more head to head with BCS teams for virtually all of our recruits. In that case it's presumably a wash.

It helps CU in one way-basically driving home the point that we need to get our **** together sooner rather than later. In all aspects.
Selecting the haves and the have nots, and then saying we can now out-recruit the have nots is missing the big picture.

Back