1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA president calls for "scholarships for life"

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

WASHINGTON -- NCAA president Mark Emmert says college athletes should receive "scholarships for life."

Emmert also told a Senate panel Wednesday that scholarships should cover the full cost of attending college, not just the basics.

Emmert listed seven changes he favors in testimony before the Senate Commerce Committee. He said he hopes some will come about if Division I schools remake their decision-making structure in the coming weeks.

The hearing comes as the NCAA faces pressure from multiple fronts to reform how athletes are treated and compensated.

Emmert said he feels college sports "works extremely well for the vast majority" and the overall current model of amateurism should be preserved.

Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Absolutely hilarious that the NCAA still tries to use the term 'amateurism', especially since it's origin is a cover

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I thought he was referring to how the NCAA governs athletics.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I know, but the that term that they hide behind is total bull****, and has been from the start.