1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA seeding - complete incompetence

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

A. Kentucky, Texas, Louisville and Wisconsin

B. Syracuse, Connecticut, Purdue and BYU

C. North Carolina, San Diego State, Notre Dame and Florida

Which group of 4 teams would you least want to face?

Probably "A", maybe "C", definitely not "B". "A" are the 4 seeds, "B" are the 3 seeds, and "C" are the 2 seeds.

2. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

I don't get too worked up over seedings because they do have a pretty tough job there.

There's geographical considerations and also trying to "space out" teams from the same conference.

The cream still rises to the top, ultimately.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Both the seedings and obviously some of the teams selected are deserving of all this heavy criticism.

The biggest problem I have with the selection committee is not conspiracy theories or grudges, but more so just ignorance on the part of the committee. Looking at the list of people on the committed, they are all AD's or conference commissioners, which is obviously a huge job in and of itself. So to put these people, whose expertise clearly lies in other areas, in a room for a few days and review mountains of information and analysis on teams is simply not a good formula.

Bilas had the line of the night when he said that he has to wonder if some of these people actually know if a basketball is round.

4. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Sunday, Kentucky blew out Florida, but Florida gets a #2 seed in Tampa, yet Kentucky gets a #4 seed also in Tampa? Someone has to explain that one to me.

5. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Hey - CU beat Kansas State THREE TIMES. KSU got a #5 seed, CU didn't get an NCAA tournament invitation at all.

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Watch KSU run the ****ing tournament too. Watch them do what they were supposed to do this year.

7. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

The entire bracket is so strange, but pretty much everything points toward an east coast bias, or a large amount of brown acid being used by the committee. Texas a 4, Florida a 2. Georgia loses to Bama twice in the last three games, but avoids Dayton at a solid 10. Four big 10 teams going .500 in conf play getting in. VCU, fourth in the ****ing colonial league getting in. USC getting picked over us. UAB.

I think a lot of blame should be on the big east. The consensus "best" league has a huge advantage of having 16 teams (+TCU next year). I hope all the big east teams lose in the first round.