1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Strips Team Of 2008 Season

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-ncaa-ruling,0,2372523.story

2. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how Calipari is getting off like this, and the women's golf coach is getting penalized when their transgressions are similar. ...I mean, of course I know why this is the case, but it reeks of how money-controlled and hypocritical the NCAA is. If there is one governing entity that I can't stand, it's the NCAA and Miles Brand. I still can't get over how we lost scholarships over incorrect dining, and other teams just have to forfeit a few wins. I am glad that Memphis lost money in addition to the wins, but come on - if you want to hit a program hard, take away recruiting visits, budget, and scholarships. I hate the NCAA. Calipari is a scumbag, just like Tim Floyd in my opinion. What he did at UMass was pretty bad too.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

this.

my step-dad is an OU guy and lives in Norman and has done legal work for the OU AD for about 20 years. he used to travel to the Coaches Association meetings with Tubbs (back in the day, he also negotiated Billy's Converse contract at OU and TCU) and Sampson and the OU delegation. he said everybody knows Cal is dirty. he also says Billy Donavon is a cheater.

ironically, turns out Kelvin was a cheater, too. though, to be fair the step is a huge Billy Tubbs guy and didn't like Sampson that much. always complaining that in Kelvin's O, guys catch the ball moving away from the basket and guys spend too much energy guarding guys 30 feet from the basket.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Can they strip our football program of the 2006 season, not to mention the entire Chairbanks error???

5. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

Calipari is just as bad if not worse than Kalvin Sampson, they should make him resign from Kentucky.

Calipari=Neuweasal

6. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:lol:

7. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

Simple solution: License the coaches like they do in soccer. Even the top level EPL coaches have to be licensed!

A college coach should have to test into a coaching license, knowing the rules, etc.

You f*** up, then the coaches' licensing body takes your license; no more moving to the next big gig, ten steps ahead of the posse!