What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament - Final Four Semis

That jump ball call was a tough one. But I don't want to go too far on officiating. Wichita State was into the double bonus early in the 2nd half before Louisville was even in the bonus.

Michigan doing a good job against the zone by shooting well from 3-point range, getting offensive rebounds and controlling the tempo. Bad first half for MCW.

Looks like there's a ton of Michigan fans there. They must have thought their football team was playing tonight.

That jump ball call was a tough one. But I don't want to go too far on officiating. Wichita State was into the double bonus early in the 2nd half before Louisville was even in the bonus.

Nik ... please don't feed the troll. He's just talking out of his ass again.

And he really need to learn when to use apostrophes ... and when not to.

The TV guy's can wheel out the poor kid with a broken leg and drive up the number of people that watch the finals. It,s about the money.

Michigan doing a good job against the zone by shooting well from 3-point range, getting offensive rebounds and controlling the tempo. Bad first half for MCW.

Looks like there's a ton of Michigan fans there. They must have thought their football team was playing tonight.

Looks like maybe they took a cue from CU, Bohn, and the CUnit. Wonder if the AD and/or some rich alums subsidized a large student section to go there.

And BTW ... it's not like UM doesn't have a pretty impressive basketball tradition. This is their 6th final four (and in the previous 5 made to the championship game).

It was the calls that weren't made rather than the calls that were in the Louisville/wichita game. Inside the last ten minutes, grabbing, pushing, and holding the guy with the ball. After the game, John Thompson said that in that time period, the 1st, 2nd, and sometimes the 3rd fouls weren't being called. Oh well. Nuggets are crushing Houston. Evan Fornier is a revolation.

Well, Michigan certainly gave Cuse plenty of chances down the stretch. There was a couple of very questionable calls with what should've been an offensive foul on Hardaway with about 2 minutes left and then the questionable charge call by Triche. But I'm not blaming the refs because the block/charge is usually a coin-flip call plus Southerland and MCW both had terrible games.

Damm.

EDIT: That last play on offense by SU was terrible. Cooney shooting a 3 would've been a good option but not him driving to the hoop.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we won't have to watch a 4th L'ville-'Cuse game this year.

BOOM Had Louisville-Michigan championship game in the Slushy Gutter bracket. I win, I win!!!

Both games were really unwatchable tho. Refs were awful. Hope Monday's game is better than this.

Well, Michigan certainly gave Cuse plenty of chances down the stretch. There was a couple of very questionable calls with what should've been an offensive foul on Hardaway with about 2 minutes left and then the questionable charge call by Triche. But I'm not blaming the refs because the block/charge is usually a coin-flip call plus Southerland and MCW both had terrible games.

Damm.

EDIT: That last play on offense by SU was terrible. Cooney shooting a 3 would've been a good option but not him driving to the hoop.

"Questionable" seems to be a bit generous, if you ask me. That call should not be a coin flip. The refs have indeed gone completely over the top in rewarding defenders for essentially throwing up the white flag on not really defending at all by attempting to slide under a player who is ALREADY IN THE AIR and then appear as if he's stopped moving.

I have seen this play countless times over the season--the offensive player will drive to the basket, jump into the air, and the helpside defender will slide in front of him before the collision. What are we expecting the offensive player to do in these types of situations, exactly?

Well, we've ended up with a decent title game. I don't harbor the Petino hate that some have. I do like Beilein from his time at Richmond, although Michigan's fans are ****ing annoying. More than anything else, this Final Four serves as a warning for just how loaded the ACC is about to be. Truly scary **** with a likely national champion (Louisville), Final Four team (Syracuse) and two perennial top 25ish NCAA Tournament teams (Pittsburgh, Notre Dame) joining the mix. It is going to be a dogfight. Virginia and NC State are primed to have their best teams in ages. Larranaga has turned around Miami, Hamilton is reloading at Florida State, and even the cellar dwellers like Boston College are making drastic improvement. If Jeff Bzdelik ever finds a way to escape and hang on, it would be the coaching job of the ages. It is going to be an absolute bloodbath. Virginia Tech may never win a league game for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Well, we've ended up with a decent title game. I don't harbor the Petino hate that some have. I do like Beilein from his time at Richmond, although Michigan's fans are ****ing annoying. More than anything else, this Final Four serves as a warning for just how loaded the ACC is about to be. Truly scary **** with a likely national champion (Louisville), Final Four team (Syracuse) and two perennial top 25ish NCAA Tournament teams (Pittsburgh, Notre Dame) joining the mix. It is going to be a dogfight. Virginia and NC State are primed to have their best teams in ages. Larranaga has turned around Miami, Hamilton is reloading at Florida State, and even the cellar dwellers like Boston College are making drastic improvement. If Jeff Bzdelik ever finds a way to escape and hang on, it would be the coaching job of the ages. It is going to be an absolute bloodbath. Virginia Tech may never win a league game for the next 5 years.

Louisville, Syracuse, Duke, Notre Dame, North Carolina, NCSU, Pittsburgh. How many titles have been won between the top-8 schools? How many final fours?

BOOM Had Louisville-Michigan championship game in the Slushy Gutter bracket. I win, I win!!!

Both games were really unwatchable tho. Refs were awful. Hope Monday's game is better than this.

Yeah my other bracket was perfect.

"Questionable" seems to be a bit generous, if you ask me. That call should not be a coin flip. The refs have indeed gone completely over the top in rewarding defenders for essentially throwing up the white flag on not really defending at all by attempting to slide under a player who is ALREADY IN THE AIR and then appear as if he's stopped moving.

I have seen this play countless times over the season--the offensive player will drive to the basket, jump into the air, and the helpside defender will slide in front of him before the collision. What are we expecting the offensive player to do in these types of situations, exactly?

They need to change to the NBA block/charge rule. IMHO, it comes down to a player safety issue. We reward defenders for stepping under a shooter after his momentum is already carrying him to the basket. This creates much more dangerous plays. (And, selfishly, I recognize that Boyle's offense gets a lot more effective if other teams can't step in and take charges on our guys so often. :wink2: )

Back