What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tourney Day 4

Baylor blowing out Creighton and with 3-4 minutes left the do uchebag help jacking up 3's. One of his players told him to bring it put and you could read his lips, "eff that I'm shoot in that *****". Damn I can't stand that punk.

Who did you pick? Do you think uva could handle msu's big man?

I expected UVA to win with ease tonight against an undisciplined Memphis squad. UVA eats teams like this alive. MSU will be a different story. Izzo and Bennett having all week to prepare for each other. Going to be a war. I'm just starting to get the feeling this might be UVA's year to make the Final Four again. I give UVA the slight edge.

Arizona and UVA both making it look easy right now.

Yeah ... I thought all the matchups today were going to lead to close, exciting games. The first two were great ... but nothing but blowouts since. :huh:

First three days were great. If it weren't for Dayton and Iowa State wins I'd feel very disappointed I spent the entire day watching this.

Damn. Gordon is beastin' it up tonight.

Oh, yes he is.

One of Mark Few's relatively rare coaching Cluster-effs tonite. "Lets run and gun with a highly athletic team and turn the ball over 19 Effin times !! That's the ticket !!" After CU, these are my 2 favorite teams in the whole thing, so I guess now I'm a Cat till it's over. Geezus.

Baylor blowing out Creighton and with 3-4 minutes left the do uchebag help jacking up 3's. One of his players told him to bring it put and you could read his lips, "eff that I'm shoot in that *****". Damn I can't stand that punk.

:wow:

e2d278c546432c8b0a30ce8982752deb56d0249aff996c923378fdf2524a5981.jpg

Some thoughts from Sunday

That UK-Wichita State game was the best college basketball game I have seen in several years....back and forth, making shots, the refs didn't really get in the way (I have seen some complaints but not the same game I saw). Those are the kind of games the NCAA needs more often...a lot of it has been unwatchable lately

Stanford was impressive....but Kansas really exposed them against the press...is Bill Self in trouble in Kansas with another early exit? There has to be some heat on him.

Virginia plays the best team defense in college basketball...I have Michigan State over them next week but I would not be surprised in the least to see Virginia in the Final Four.

This has the makings of a really good second weekend in the tournament.

That UK-Wichita State game was the best college basketball game I have seen in several years....back and forth, making shots, the refs didn't really get in the way (I have seen some complaints but not the same game I saw). Those are the kind of games the NCAA needs more often...a lot of it has been unwatchable lately

Stanford was impressive....but Kansas really exposed them against the press...is Bill Self in trouble in Kansas with another early exit? There has to be some heat on him.

Virginia plays the best team defense in college basketball...I have Michigan State over them next week but I would not be surprised in the least to see Virginia in the Final Four.

I doubt Bill Self is any trouble. The last three years he has made the Elite Eight, National Championship Game, and Sweet 16. And if you're playing the "if game," they probably win with Embiid. Plus he wins the Big 12 every year, you really want to mess with all that?

I loved every minute of that game. So much fun too watch. Wichita St got such a lousy draw, because that was what preseason #1 Kentucky was supposed to look like. That Shocker performance beats most any other team yesterday.

I loved every minute of that game. So much fun too watch. Wichita St got such a lousy draw, because that was what preseason #1 Kentucky was supposed to look like. That Shocker performance beats most any other team yesterday.
And that right there is the downside to a one-and-done Tourney IMO, still the best sporting event but not flawless.

And that right there is the downside to a one-and-done Tourney IMO, still the best sporting event but not flawless.

There is no downside to the one-and-done tournament. Requires you to be at your best every time....no tanking a game like the NBA or NHL....you play like crap and it is Goodbye

There is no downside to the one-and-done tournament. Requires you to be at your best every time....no tanking a game like the NBA or NHL....you play like crap and it is Goodbye
Disagree here, I don't think a single elimination tourney is exactly representative of the best team -- and I don't think too many teams are tanking games in the playoffs anyways. There's upsides/downsides to everything in life, this isn't any different. It produces the most drama and excitement however, thats why I love this event.

Disagree here, I don't think a single elimination tourney is exactly representative of the best team -- and I don't think too many teams are tanking games in the playoffs anyways. There's upsides/downsides to everything in life, this isn't any different. It produces the most drama and excitement however, thats why I love this event.

Are you kidding me....NBA teams that start on the road get Game 1 and they almost always don't play as hard in Game 2.

Are you kidding me....NBA teams that start on the road get Game 1 and they almost always don't play as hard in Game 2.
Ok that's a little different than tanking. You have to conserve more energy for a multi-game series and it's a little hard to treat a Game 1 and Game 7 as the same thing.

Back