What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tourney Selection Show - Sunday @ 4pm on CBS

Neither did VCU. We had 6. But we're supposedly not in because of our schedule. What the **** ever...

And Gene Smith is a worthless piece of ****. It would be nice if he could at least give a coherent answer when asked why we didn't get in...
Yes they did. ODU and George Mason

I'd put CU there in place of Clemson. Still, 7 of our 13 losses came to teams not going to the dance. Got to do better than that against teams we're favored against, plus failing to close out games when we're at home and have a strong RPI (A&M) on the ropes.

Silver lining is getting more home games at the Keg. Pack that thing, respond well and get us to New York. Can only do this if the team has the right attitude, instead of letting dejection linger and getting embarrassed by a team more enthusiastic to be in this kind of postseason tourney. Let's do this Buffs.

Gene Smith overseeing this selection committee is a farce. The guy has no damn morals. This can only motivate CU in the NIT. We dun got screwed thank you very little.

Unfortunately I remember an eerily similar situation in 03/04....screwed on Selection Sunday, and go into NIT with about 8 fans in the arena and got clobbered by Old Dominion

NIT is a complete joke and hard for anyone to really get excited and up about playing in it...

Hubert Davis, "I can't make a case for UAB, I can't make a case for VCU. VCU played one ranked team." **** this ****.

So when does the not start. I am gone this weekend but would live to go. Hopefully it is better than the old dominion game

Hope the student section comes up with a choice chant for the NCAA tournament selection committee in our first round NIT game.

okay...so i'm pissed right now.

really pissed.

the thing i am most pissed about is the fact that kstate got in and the buffs didn't. gene smith contradicted himself in the interview by saying that head-to-head performance was a big factor.

but...now that we know where we stand, we need to make the best of the situation. clearly a large percentage of people who follow this professionally were shocked and surprised by cu being left out. we need to perform in the n.i.t. tourney and show those ****ers how serious we are about winning basketball games.

this could work in our favor for recruiting actually...boyle will be able to play up the fact that we are just a few difference makers from making some big noise in the future. starting out in a new conference doesn't hurt that recruiting effort either.

we are in a bit of a spotlight right now. take advantage of that...

(okay...i'm reaching for straws as well. no way we should have been left out of the tournament. i am gonna be ****ing pissed for a long time about this.)

Last edited:
Jay Bilas is throwing a fit right now on how UAB and VCU can be in. He is absolutely disgusted along with the rest of the world

Dickie V just compared us to Scarlett Johanson.:thumbsup:

And VCU to Roseanne Barr.

Buffs were 4-3 vs. RPI Top 25.....the following so-called NCAA tourney teams were a combined 4-26 in that same category, yet all dancing today (Georgia, Michigan, Clemson, George Mason, UAB, Tennessee).....apparently winning when it matters vs. the best of the best means jack **** to the NCAA committee

NCAA....where the "C" stands for CORRUPT

Jay Bilas is throwing a fit right now on how UAB and VCU can be in. He is absolutely disgusted along with the rest of the world

Now Dickie V is going off about it. "My wife knows diddly squat about basketball. But if I sat her down here right now with Colorado's resume, VCU's resume and UAB's resume, it's a mismatch. No doubt. It's like a beauty contest with Roseanne Barr and Scarlett Johanssen and Roseanne wins!!"

ESPN is blown away by leaving us out. I've never heard them defend a team like they are doing for us right now. This is just disgusting.

Rece Davis saying he's anxious to hear the explanation for this. I've heard it, Rece. You're going to be very ****ing disappointed.

Unfortunately I remember an eerily similar situation in 03/04....screwed on Selection Sunday, and go into NIT with about 8 fans in the arena and got clobbered by Old Dominion

NIT is a complete joke and hard for anyone to really get excited and up about playing in it...

ODU was '06 I think. '04 was... Oregon? Same embarrassing result at home. I hope Spring Break plans don't empty the arena for us. Need that home court advantage and to make a statement that this team has the support to succeed.

Back