1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA Week 1

Discussion in 'Games' started by BuffNut99, Jan 8, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Week 1 Matchups

#3 Texas (0-1) (CPU)
    Nebraska (1-0) (Philliatz - Philliatz)
    Philliatz takes his shot at turning Nebraska around after Kameltosis kamel-toed his way into quitting midseason last year. Nebraska upset Texas 33-27.

South Florida(CUwhit21 - CUwhit21)
    #24 UCLA (rebel1414 - rebel1414)

Our Dynasty Game of the Week. USF begins it's title defense in the Rose Bowl against UCLA. BJ Daniels takes the helm at QB for the Bulls against a talented Bruin running attack led by transfer Brian Lockridge.
    #5 Georgia Tech (Bradical28 - BuffNut99)
    Oregon State (NMBuff - NMBuff)
    GA Tech heads into Corvallis to collide with star RB Jacquizz Rodgers. Senior QB Josh Nesbitt leads the Jackets, while the Beavers decided to redshirt their freshman phenom QB and are going in with last year's backups.
    #10 NC State (NevrSummer - SnowBuff)
    Ohio State (CPU)

NC State seeks national respect after finishing 3rd last season, losing only to NC USF. Unranked Ohio State is an unknown quantity this season.

#22 USC (CPU)
    #12 Iowa (CU Buffs FTW - sliderNcider)

Iowa hosts USC in a early season showdown. Iowa returns most of its production from a team that only lost to the eventual #1, #2, and #3 teams in the land.
    Arizona (VonSnoot - VonSnoot)
    Michigan (DocRowe - BuffTuba)
    Arizona returns most of its offense, including QB M. Scott, RB Grixby and All-American TE Gronkowski. Michigan merely has a team full of 5* talent - but can they put it together? Should be entertaining in the Big House.

Virginia Tech (chefBCS85 - buff4bcs1985)
    BYE
    VTech can't wait to get on the field and erase last year's nightmares. QB Tyrod Taylor and a stable of backs lead the Hokies.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

great. I get to break in the new guy with the insane team.

3. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Man.. tough first game.

Rebel, I'll pm you, but we may have to wait till next Friday and get our game in right before buffnut advances.

4. Darth Snow

can we turn off injuries? (No this not driven at ALL by the fact that my team is a one player pony :wink2:)

5. BuffNut99

Sorry, but we're playing with injuries. If they made a slider for it, I'd turn them down, but it's either ON or OFF, so I'm keeping it on. I suffered more big injuries than anyone last season, so I feel your pain - but injuries are realistic.

I'm going to be very patient with folks to get their games in all season long. Like last season, you're really only in danger of having your game simmed if:

a) you've taken too long to get your game in, > 7 days;
    b) you are not repsonding to my PMs/emails/xbox messages when I am reminding you to play
    c) you are not leaving a note in the forum or sending me a message that says something like "I'm back in town on day X, please wait"

The guys who quit after having games simmed last season were typically guilty of one or all of the above. Nothing irks me more than "B" however.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  6. BuffNut99

Let me know how this guy plays. If he is guilty of "cheese," such as running the same joke defense every play (Quarters run commit for example), save some highlights and let me know about it.

7. CUwhit21

What is this defense??

8. BuffNut99

Google "NCAA Football 2010 cheese quarters D run commit." If you play alot of ranked matches, you'll eventually (sooner than later) come across a guy who plays quarter D (three down lineman) and run commits every play and can be hard to move the ball against. Something about the AI on this formation (there are a few others) makes it very effective vs. run and pass. Alot of Online Dynasties have rules (some extensive) that forbid "cheese."

9. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

Von Smoot and I are in talks(i have to return his message) to get our game in. It will likely happen this weekend.

10. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

I can't play Lockridge because he is a transfer and has to sit. I believe thats why they didn't let me play him. I am fine with waiting.

11. Darth Snow

sent word to buckeye dude....

12. BuffNut99

Michigan and Arizona evidently had an epic game - AZ 36, Mich 35

13. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I like to RS my bluechip QB and get their numbers up. My new QBs ratings weren't very good. I may pull him later in the year, but it'd be nice to have a potential 4 year starter that is highly ranked. He wasn't a Matt Barkley type and I don't know if there is a fall camp option or not to get his numbers up; they sucked, for now.

I just had Lasik today, but I'm thinking I'll be ready for playing by Monday night @9 or so. Let me know if that works. I won't be on XBox live until then.

14. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

We had quite the game. I had 4 defensive TDs but I still blew on Offense. Von Snoot had a ridiculous hail mary as time expired. I really have no idea how it was caught. He went for 2 and I was unprepared and won off of the conversion. It was a hard fought game. Good meeting and playing with you Von Snoot.

His TE is ridiculous but I think I stopped Grixby decently. I thought I had the TE stopped on many a play but I was denied. There were also some tackling and coverage miscues by me relating to selecting players. I still have no idea how the player selection system works. It seem like complete chance which players are selected.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  15. Darth Snow

reupped my xbox live. still nothing from ohio boy. sent a follow up. Buffnut, would you do one as well? He may just be ignoring me since he doesn't realize I am in the dynasty.

16. BuffNut99

I already did, with no reply. I'll give him one more follow up before he's gone. My guess is he got impatient and then disinterested.

17. BuffNut99

Works perfectly. Send me a note if anything has changed, otherwise I'll be looking for ya around 9pm MT

18. BuffNut99

Snow, go ahead and play CPU - osubuckifan is no longer in the Dynasty

Ga Tech 34, Oregon St. 13

A 91 yd fumble return for a TD late in the 1st half turned a tight contest into a 21-7 lead for GA Tech. The Yellow Jackets then forced an INT before halftime and converted it into 7 on a short field to lead 28-7 at the half. Tech ran only 29 plays the entire game (w/ 6 min quarters mind you) and also converted a couple of long FGs (long of 61). Oregon St. ended up w/ more total yardage, first downs, and time of possession while GA Tech relied on the big play. Both teams were content to run the clock in the 2nd half. Good game NM.

19. SBG

GG

I kept switching players as you threw on the rollout. Gotta work on timing that better as 2 of your pass plays were for TDs that shouldn't have been. Frustrating. The fumble was the end of it all though. I thought you were going to run the ball more, but you were having good luck against my secondary. My DL for the most part is pretty stoudt. I like my front 7.

20. BuffNut99

I did the switching thing too on a couple of your big plays to the TE. I would have liked to have run the ball more, or just had it more. I'm still trying to figure out how I only had 29 plays (to your 49): 5-11, 170 yds, 2TDs 1 INT; 18-100 yds 1 TD team rushing. I lost my star RB to injury in the 1st half, he's out for a week.

21. CUwhit21

You need to look at your strength and conditioning program. Not enough stretching and plyometrics IMO.

22. SBG

You only ever notice the plays were you yourself mess up. Haha, oh well.

You had some pretty big plays and I think I held you to 2 or 3 3-and-outs. I think I only had 2 3-and-out and I play a very conservative ball control style of play with long sustained drives whereas you like the long ball more often than not when passing. One of my drives that I scored on took me 3 minutes. I also went for it on 4th and short 3 times (all legit calls, imo, when I was down and in your territory) and got 2 of them to sustain a drive. By the end the both of us had chew clock on so that's going to limit your playcalls as well.

23. BuffNut99

Just waiting on:

USF (cuwhit21) vs. UCLA (fight1414)
    NC State (snowbuff) vs. CPU
    Iowa (slider) vs. CPU (I'm assuming I'll be simming this one and some of slider's inital games)

24. CUwhit21

Should be able to get our game in on Saturday. Sorry for the delay. I'll be in town for the next 2 weeks.

25. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

Now waiiiiit a second. Kamel-toe this arsehole.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  26. BuffNut99

Kamel - I know the Dynasty was your idea, but

View attachment 4414

27. BuffNut99

Kamel - I know the Dynasty was your idea, but

View attachment 4414

28. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    You are t3h fail at attachment

29. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I'm 50/50 on rejoining the league. I'll need $41 / mo to get a cable/internet package

30. Darth Snow

OSU beaten. Was up by 17 at half, but had a nasty injury scare with russel wilson AGAIN and I spent the rest of the gmae handing off. They came back a bit, but meh, stompage.