What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament Thread

Stanford wins the 2nd set 25-17
UCLA wins the 1st set against LIU 25-13
Oregon wins the 1st set against Northern Colorado 25-14

Stanford completes the sweep of Jackson St. 25-10
Oregon takes the 2nd set 25-19
UCLA takes the 2nd set 25-15

UCLA finishes the sweep of LIU 25-12
Oregon finishes the sweep of Northern Colorado 25-18

That's it for tonight. I'll continue tomorrow with the rest of the 2nd round matches.

Today's Round 2 Matches

West Lafayette Region
Match
Date
Time
AudioStats
Penn St vs Bowling GreenDec 017:30 pmUniversity Park, Pa.video 1 2stats
Ohio St vs KentuckyDec 017:00 pmLexington , Ky.video 1 2 audio
stats
Florida St vs PurdueDec 014:30 pmTallahassee, Fla.videoaudiostats
Creighton vs MinnesotaDec 017:00 pmMinneapolis, Minn.video 1 2 audiostats
Omaha Regional
Match
Date
Time
AudioStats
Oregon vs DaytonDec 0111:00 pmEugene, Ore.video 1 2audio 1 2 stats
Oklahoma vs BYUDec 019:00 pmProvo, Utahvideo 1 2stats
Washington vs HAwaiiDec 0110:00 pmSeattle, Wash.video
audiostats
Austin Regional
Match
Date
Time
AudioStats
College of Charleston vs FloridaDec 017:30 pmGainesville, Fla.videoaudiostats
Kansas vs Wichita StDec 017:30 pmLawrence, Kan.videoaudiostats
Berkeley Regional
Match
Date
Time
AudioStats
UCLA vs Michigan StDec 0110:00 pmLos Angeles, Califvideo 1 2audio
stats
Western Kentucky vs StanfordDec 0110:00 pmStanford, Calif.video 1 2stats

Last edited:
Most interesting match again yesterday for me was Iowa State. Their second 3-2 win. Maybe they like drama!! Of course, their second round opponent, North Carolina, was actually ranked just better than ISU on RPI rankings so they should have been a very evenly matched pair and they were. The other that I would have liked to watch but couldn't get to come in was College of Charston upset of Miami.
In todays matches, I think the best one should be Hawaii at UW. That could be a real barnburner. It might hinge on whether the Huskies star soph, Krista Vansant is able to play or not.

Most interesting match again yesterday for me was Iowa State. Their second 3-2 win. Maybe they like drama!! Of course, their second round opponent, North Carolina, was actually ranked just better than ISU on RPI rankings so they should have been a very evenly matched pair and they were. The other that I would have liked to watch but couldn't get to come in was College of Charston upset of Miami.
In todays matches, I think the best one should be Hawaii at UW. That could be a real barnburner. It might hinge on whether the Huskies star soph, Krista Vansant is able to play or not.

I caught the 5th set of the Miami match and it was great, I just wished that I had started watching it earlier. I agree with the UW Hawaii match as probably being the most exciting of the matches today.

Go UH Rainbows! They got hosed by the selection committee. Playing in Seattle is rough, but they should be well represented.

Go UH Rainbows! They got hosed by the selection committee. Playing in Seattle is rough, but they should be well represented.

I wonder if they weren't so far away from everyone else, would they have hosted?

Florida St tries to get back into the 1st set but Purdue takes it 25-20

We're going to 5 as Florida St takes the 4th 25-23 as Purdue tried to make a comeback on I believe what was match point but came up short.

Ohio St vs Kentucky and Creighton vs Minnesota will start in about 15 minutes followed by Penn St vs Bowling Green, College of Charleston vs Florida, and Kansas vs Wichita St about a half hour later. After this match, I have to leave for a little bit but will continue with the updates when I get back.

Penn St vs Bowling Green, currently in 3rd set Penn St won first two 25-15,25-12
Ohio St vs Kentucky in 4th set, Ohio St won 1st set 25-18, Kentucky won next two 26-24, 25-15
Minnesota vs Creighton in 4th set, Creighton won 1st set 25-20, Minnesota won next two 25-17,25-23
Florida vs College of Charleston in 3rd set, Florida won first 2 sets 25-20,25-16
Wichita St vs Kansas about to start 3rd set, Kansas won 1st set 25-23, Wichita St won next set 25-16

To be honest I don't know if hosting necessarily meant holding games in Hawaii. I think it just minimizes the traveling they'd have to do. They're ranked around 7th, beat Stanford, and were undefeated in he big west. That leagues is noting going to do them well, I worry about the future of vb in hawaii, though I've heard they have the biggest following in the nation.

Penn St finishes the sweep of Bowling Green 25-15
Kentucky beats Ohio St in 4 winning the last set 25-18
Minnesota beats Creighton in 4 winning the last set 25-17
Florida finishes the sweep of College of Charleston winning the last set 25-14
Oklahoma vs BYU should start shortly

To be honest I don't know if hosting necessarily meant holding games in Hawaii. I think it just minimizes the traveling they'd have to do. They're ranked around 7th, beat Stanford, and were undefeated in he big west. That leagues is noting going to do them well, I worry about the future of vb in hawaii, though I've heard they have the biggest following in the nation.

Aren't their matches usually packed? I can't imagine them getting rid of it.

BYU takes the 1st set from Oklahoma 25-17
Wichita St finishes off I believe 11th seeded Kansas in 4 25-21

Washington vs Hawaii, UCLA vs Michigan St, and Stanford vs Western Kentucky will probably start in about 10 minutes

I'm glad to see Wichita State beat Kansas. We need a few upsets and this is one I was rooting for. I've not been that impressed with Kansas even tho they had a top 10 rpi.

BYU finishes the sweep of Oklahoma winning the final set 25-18
Hawaii takes the 1st set from Washington 25-20
Michigan St takes the 1st set from UCLA 25-17
Stanford takes the 1st set from Western Kentucky 25-15

I'm glad to see Wichita State beat Kansas. We need a few upsets and this is one I was rooting for. I've not been that impressed with Kansas even tho they had a top 10 rpi.

Yeah I was rooting for them too. I think that their luck is going to end against USC though.

Michigan St takes the 2nd set 29-27 to go up 2-0
Washington takes the 2nd set from Hawaii 25-20
Stanford takes the 2nd set 25-23
Oregon vs Dayton should begin soon

Back