1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ND moving on to a second candidate.....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Dec 9, 2009.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

First Brian Kelly
    now.... Randy Edsall....

who will be the third and final?

Bill Callahan? :smile2:

2. HornBuff

HornBuff Horns Down

Lew Holtz

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Dan hawkins!!!

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

The ND job ain't what it used to be. Urban Meyer told them, last search, that he woudn't consider the job unless they opened recruiting up to partial qualifers.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

So did Kelly turn them down, or did they decide to go in a different direction? I thought he was definitely their guy.

6. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

IMO, there is no rush to offer Kelly the job, he will jump at it in a heartbeat whenever it is offered. So they are smart to take their time and interview more candidates, but jeez, I would think they could find some better ones than Edsall.

7. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

And yet if he went to CSU Edsall would be proclaimed to walk on water by "your" bretheren.

8. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

LMAO, ND and CSU and two totally different worlds.

9. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Rudy

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Rudy was coached by Dan Devine who also coached... Gary Barnett! He's perfect!

"Mary Magdalene was a girl, but she was not only a girl, she was a terrible whore!"

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Sounds like a rumor started down here, about how stoooopsie responded to ND's overtures. As it goes, he told 'em he wanted 5 academic "free-passes" each year. (Prolly not true, but funny to hear it discussed anyway)

12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

13. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I wonder what his deal is going to be? Any chance he takes Hawk along to be his spiritual adviser?

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Another promising coaching career derailed?

I can understand the attraction for certain coaches and ND has certain resources and advantages. At the same time ND has some serious issues that make succeeding there, especially to the level expected by the boosters difficult to impossible.

It will be interesting to see how Kelly does, it is obvious that he is a good coach and did a great job at Cincy but I wonder how he will do in South Bend.

15. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe ND brought in Edsall as bargaining power with Kelly. There aren't any other jobs out there this year that even come close to ND (even a diminished ND). UVA, Louisville, and Kansas aren't close and have either narrowed down their list to exclude both of those coaches, or have already hire one (Strong to Louisville).

ND holds the "hand" between the two Big East coaches. Kelly and Edsall are good coaches but Cincy and UConn are not places to hang your hat for too long. Good jobs sure, but not "upper echelon" jobs like ND.

16. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I think he will be pretty good. The expectations have really been beaten down alot over the last decade. Kelly is a really special coach that has the right type of character to make ND a top program. The challenges he'll face at ND are certainly different, but not greater than he overcame at Cincy and he was very successful there.

On a side note, the Big East "balance of power" certainly will shift with Louisville getting Strong, Cincy losing Kelly, Edsall "shopping around". Pitt and West Virginia must be licking their chops for 2010.

17. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

ND has a rough schedule next year and will be losing Clausen; the new coach will sart out in a big hole; their situaion is not unlike the Buffs x we have a coach

18. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Are you sure? I know we have a zen karma guy with a funny haircut but is he actually a coach?

Actually Kelly is a very good coach. The problem is that the ND job is a whole lot bigger than the Cincy job because of the boosters and the history. They have stunk since Holtz left but that just makes them more insistent on winning. They lose a lot of talent and if Kelly gets off to a bad start it could go south in a flash.

I am not comparing neccessarily but Hawk won a lot of games before coming to Boulder and CU is nothing like the pressure cooker that ND is.

19. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

oh and not to mention Kelly is coming from a school that is famous for having a basketball coach that never graduated a single player. I think the standards are a tad different at ND.

20. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

next year will be VERY rough for them. three years from now? BCS guaranteed. assuming that assclown system is still around. the guy can coach, he'll be fine. and NBC will be reupping their k.

21. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

ND's schedule is not that tough next year, it includes Purdue, Western Michigan, Army, Navy, and Tulsa, and no team currently ranked higher than 21st in the BCS standings.

22. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I didnt think too much of their schedule either, I mean only 3 true road games and 2 neutrel site games? What a bunch of ****ing cowards. I also like that the Cincy players are making how they feel about it known and arent giving him a pass like everyone else on tv.

23. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

What are they saying?

24. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Kelly did the same thing to Central Michigan. He coached Cincy in their bowl game in 2006. Cincy should think about that before they get too upset.

25. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Watch ESPNews they interviewed a couple of players, they werent too happy.

26. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Not only Claussen, but also their star WR, Golden Showers or whatever his name is... :cool:

27. COTransplant

COTransplant Club Member Club Member

Both from Mardy Gilyard:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/12/11/curious-index-12112009/

28. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

golden taint? that sounds uncomfortable an confusing