What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska at it again...

I was going to just stay away from all this...it just wasn't worth my or anyone else's time. But the reporting of this crap is just unbelievable.

The facts...Sam was waiting for a parking spot to open up...he had even asked the guy pulling out before hand if he was leaving. The other car pulls up while Sam is waiting for the other car to clear and darts into the parking spot. Sam never used any profanity but asked the girl what she was doing and that he had been waiting for the parking spot. She refuses even to roll down her window...Sam is enfuriated and throws his empty McDonalds styrofoam drink cup (it was a small) at her front bumper. The car he was throwing at was quartering away from him so I would call it a fade route. He hit the bumper and then realizing littering was a venial sin...he picked up the cup and placed in the proper recepticle.

I can't even stay serious about this travesty of justice. Anyway, he did drive away and find another parking spot. He never swore, meant no one any harm but was obviously enfuriated by the rude behaviour of the other driver. There are witnesses who can corraborate everything said here and that they told Sam at the time they would have done far worse if this girl had pulled the same rude action on them.

word is that the styrofoam cup almost totalled the car.

Anyway, thanks for reading the truth. Sorry it isn't as interesting as some of the other stories.

Let me guess, you were an eye witness?:wow:

Oh hell, I'm not judging the kid. Like you said, I'd probably do the same thing - or worse - in the same situation at that age. His biggest lapse of judgement was transferring to *ebraska to begin with. That alone is reason to question his intelligence.

"At that age"? Hell, I would probably do worse than that now, at age 28.

I just posted it because i thought it was funny. I would probably have reacted similar, in fact i know i have. Not trying to say he is a baf person, just thought people could get a laugh out of it and enjoy it. I know i enjoyed it.

"At that age"? Hell, I would probably do worse than that now, at age 28.

:rofl:

there is NO WAY anyone would get that bent out of shape over a stupid assed parking spot. there are far too many real things to get upset over, and a plethora of parking spaces proximate to where you need to be.

consider:

1. no one will SHOOT you for being late.
2. you will never see this person again, so you are not going to really change them in a few brief moments of pedantic outrage.
3. that parking spot is not reserved for you to begin with.
4. if others choose to be rude and inconsiderate, they will stand judgement for it without you.
5. moving to another space will put you out, what? a whole 30-45 seconds. why let someone yank your chain and ruin your day over a few SECONDS?

i would suggest chalking this scenario up to "the world is not fair". i think collegiate students should be perfectly capable of knowing this to be true. :wink2:

i am not suprised to see nu fans rushing to keller's defense. they have defended in the past those that have done far worse. that being said, i agree that this one will be laughed out of court.

there is NO WAY anyone would get that bent out of shape over a stupid assed parking spot. there are far too many real things to get upset over, and a plethora of parking spaces proximate to where you need to be.

Particularly when you are a 21 (or so) year old major college athlete. What, walking a few extra yards is just too much of an effort for you, Sammy?? That is a pity.

What's next? Will Sammy go on the Cade McNown handicapped parking sticker plan to spare him any more undue hardship?? :lol: :lol:

consider:

2. you will never see this person again, so you are not going to really change them in a few brief moments of pedantic outrage.
4. if others choose to be rude and inconsiderate, they will stand judgement for it without you.
5. moving to another space will put you out, what? a whole 30-45 seconds. why let someone yank your chain and ruin your day over a few SECONDS?

i would suggest chalking this scenario up to "the world is not fair". i think collegiate students should be perfectly capable of knowing this to be true. :wink2:

i am not suprised to see nu fans rushing to keller's defense. they have defended in the past those that have done far worse. that being said, i agree that this one will be laughed out of court.

Typical female response! Us men folk have that primal territorial thing going. Once we claim our space, its ours! We are hunters, not gatherers. :lol:

consider:

totally reasonable post, of course... but, 21 year old boys filled up with testosterone aren't always going to rely on their reasoning skills ahead of a pure hot rage. that doesn't make it right and they should be discouraged in this regard, but it happens. he probably feels like a total idiot now-- i know i would have, after the fact...

consider:

hard to disagree with you here.... he should have kept his cool. he should know by now he is living in a fish bowl while in Lincoln. he is lucky to learn this leson in the form of a wake up call, could have been much worse say if it were an altercation in a bar. if he is pro bound he better learn to keep himself in check ASAP cause people will be gunning for him everytime he goes out after the 08 draft.

and to have fans excuse it only adds to the problem.

That's one of the rudest damn things someone can do is steal your paking spot while you're waiting. Although I don't condone what he did....I can't lie in saying I would have done worse. He should have kept his head though and represented the team better. But hey, if I was him...you know he's not going to get in that much trouble...he's our QB...he's practically jesus in Nebraska. Poor cop is prolly gettin loads of death threats.

Back