What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEBRASKA CANS PELINI!

In all seriousness a majority of us do not. The older ones, maybe. Younger fans are pretty realistic about it for the most part. I just want a ****ing conference championship. Am I crazy but why wouldn't Michigan jump on Pelini?

Michigan
Kansas
Florida
Iowa State

Seems like there are a number of schools that should take a look at Pelini. The list will grow as the dominoes fall. I do not think Pelini will be unemployed long.

Michigan
Kansas
Florida
Iowa State

Seems like there are a number of schools that should take a look at Pelini. The list will grow as the dominoes fall. I do not think Pelini will be unemployed long.

I doubt Florida would go that direction and I don't think ISU is going to have the $ draw. I think our biggest problem is recruiting. The numbers don't lie.

I doubt Florida would go that direction and I don't think ISU is going to have the $ draw. I think our biggest problem is recruiting. The numbers don't lie.

Weiss was making $2.5 million at Kansas. Paul Rhoads is making close to $2 million at Iowa State. That's a lot more than Pelini would make in any defensive coordinator position.

I agree - I don't think Florida would look at Pelini - but I think Pelini would be an easier sell to the fanbase than McElwain will be.

They're in for a rude awakening if they think they're going to hire Brett Bielema. Although I have to admit that his coaching style is better suited to the BiG than the SEC.

BB's buyout isn't that onerous, but Arky can match NU $ for $ quite easily, as odd as that may seem. It really depends on how tight BB is with Eichorst, sounds like to me. I hope BB stays put, I kind of like Arky, my pops went there so I watch them a fair amount. I like what BB is doing.

No question that some schools will start talking Pelini right now, yes he could get a BCS level job.

That said it probably wouldn't be the BCS level job he wants. Does he want to be in the MAC like Solich did, does he want to go to the coaches graveyard in Lawrence?

My thought is that he could get a very high paying job as a coordinator someplace, take a year or two to evaluate his coaching job at kNU and shine up his interview presentation, and then come back into the market looking at jobs with teams that have a chance to compete at the top levels.

He doesn't need the money, he can afford to wait until the right opportunity comes up. I don't think that would be this year.

It will depend on what openings are out there, I suppose. He could decide that Ft. Collins would be a good place to close out his career. Who knows? I think it would be pure gold having him up there.

Gold Jerry. Pure Gold.

They're in for a rude awakening if they think they're going to hire Brett Bielema. Although I have to admit that his coaching style is better suited to the BiG than the SEC.
This is the dumbest rumor ever. Bielema left the Big 10 for a reason. WTF would he go back?

No idea who they're going to go with but he would be the obvious choice as they'd be able to save money on him. I'm split on the firing but if I had to choose I'm against it but I don't run the program.
Frost would need to bring in some very good coordinators. My guess is he would, or he could go the Embree route and just hire his friends.

Frost would need to bring in some very good coordinators. My guess is he would, or he could go the Embree route and just hire his friends.

The priority for nebraska should be to get coaches at all levels that truly understand the culture of nebraska football. Time to right the ship by guys that were on those mid 90's teams for sure!

The priority for nebraska should be to get coaches at all levels that truly understand the culture of nebraska football. Time to right the ship by guys that were on those mid 90's teams for sure!
Good point. Nebraska would be stupid not to do it. Not like there is any bad example of this!

If they truly want to get guys who absolutely understand the fusker culture, they need to get Christian Peter and Lawrence Phillips on the staff. Like, yesterday. Those guys KNOW how things are done in Lincoln.

If they truly want to get guys who absolutely understand the fusker culture, they need to get Christian Peter and Lawrence Phillips on the staff. Like, yesterday. Those guys KNOW how things are done in Lincoln.

Don't forget Richie.

I can also add that my new best friend - Tommy Frazier - did confide to me that he thought Pelini was a racist asshole. That round of golf was highly informative. I learned a lot that day.

Peter can be D coordinator, and Phillips can run the O

and bring back Carl Pelini to be the AD relationship director with bosters

Frost would be a great hire... for CSU. For an all-time top 10 program, he'd be an Embree hire.

I can also add that my new best friend - Tommy Frazier - did confide to me that he thought Pelini was a racist asshole. That round of golf was highly informative. I learned a lot that day.
First time the beer cart girl came around, I would have opened a tab and told him he could have anything he wanted - just to get him flowing.

Who are the other 9?

I think he means for programs who think they are all time top 10. Did anybody hear Herbstreit talk about Nebraska when Colin Cowherd brought it up? Frost isn't going to NU-They know they can't sell him. Everybody who posts on this board would look good calling plays at Oregon. Wouldn't be suprised if Al Golden's name pops up here, too-I think Shawn Eichorst was the AD who hired him at Miami.

I hope that Pelini ends up somewhere in the Big 10. It would be fun to watch him beat the Huskers in Lincoln and the complete Cornholer meltdown that would ensue.

Last edited:
Who are the other 9?

Nebraska is easily an all-time Top 10.

That was a big thing that made the rivalry so special. CU was measuring itself against a super elite.

With that said, I don't think that "Super Elite" is their current reality and it may never be again. Devaney and Osborne had about a 30 year run that was ridiculous (9-3 was literally the worst record they ever delivered for 3 decades). There is so much working against Nebraska these days when everyone is on tv and everyone has state-of-the-art training facilities.

Back