What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska caved

This is great news for CU. CU will pay the same amount as Nebraska (trust me on this), and it's a lot better than the $15-20 million that Chip Brown and the Texas idiots were throwing around.

I'm sure CU and NU worked together on this deal. As we saw with the Pac 12 move, CU has been working quietly behind the scenes on this entire move, and I'm sure they've done the same thing with NU. Is it a coincidence that Nebraska acknowledges the amount it will pay to the B12 on the same day CU will announce it's moving to Pac-12 the next year? Methinks not.

So much for trust - you need to find another source.

He doesn't. That's why everyone called BS on Texas's initial claim. Just more bluster from down South.

I'd have liked to see the huskers fight the no damage was done fight and give Texas the royal middle finger. Good luck in the Conf Championship game against them.

Not sure it's a case of them caving. It was never realistic that either team would pay nothing. As is stated in the other thread, $9 mil is a lot less than some of the Mack12 teams were claiming CU and NU would owe. It's basically the value that most people have been claiming from the beginning. I suspect the terms for CU will be about the same.

I agree. CU and NU both got out I don't really care who pays a bit more and for what reasons. We got out from under Texas. Good luck to the Buffs in the Pac.

I am just interested in what happens with aTm when Beebe can't pay them their 20 Mil :)

I agree. CU and NU both got out I don't really care who pays a bit more and for what reasons. We got out from under Texas. Good luck to the Buffs in the Pac.

I am just interested in what happens with aTm when Beebe can't pay them their 20 Mil :)

that is going to be fun to watch.

What a blow to the Nubs riding high after that big win over UW. LOL!

Not a blow at all. NU is still riding high we would rather win on the football field than worry about a few million bucks. I am guessing most Buff fans if they looked at it objectively would rather have a #6 ranked team with a good head coach and pay more in penalty money than have Dan Hawkins and the potential he brings to the table. Just saying.

Think of it this way, once you factor in the buyout money to get rid of Hawkins the penalty money both schools are paying is rather close.

Anyway not trying to talk trash good luck to the Buffs in the Pac 10/12

Chip ended his report this morning addressing that. He said that any shortfall could come from the "Orphan 5". Yes, he actually coined or stole that moniker for KU, KSU, MU, ISU and BU. My only regret in this whole thing is that we couldn't have left earlier.

Do you think Deloss Dodds is looking for a new conference commissioner now? These numbers make the Big Tex just look silly. All their bluster about $35-40 million and they get $15 million.

My guess is Dan Beebe is out soon, Chip Brown will be installed as the new commissioner and the Big Tex offices will be moved to Austin, on campus.

Chip ended his report this morning addressing that. He said that any shortfall could come from the "Orphan 5". Yes, he actually coined or stole that moniker for KU, KSU, MU, ISU and BU. My only regret in this whole thing is that we couldn't have left earlier.

Man I really do feel for the "Orphan 5" It sucks and I hope someday they can stick it to Chip and his Whorns somehow.

Do you think Deloss Dodds is looking for a new conference commissioner now? These numbers make the Big Tex just look silly. All their bluster about $35-40 million and they get $15 million.

My guess is Dan Beebe is out soon, Chip Brown will be installed as the new commissioner and the Big Tex offices will be moved to Austin, on campus.

Darrel K Royal is still alive I believe. He could be the commissioner and they could rename the conference the "Texas and some Bitches Conference". They could play all conference games in Austin, even games between KSU and ISU. Make 'em all travel and bow down. In between games the football teams could stay next to Bevo in the cow stalls on campus.

Man I really do feel for the "Orphan 5" It sucks and I hope someday they can stick it to Chip and his Whorns somehow.

The teams with the best chance of sticking it to the Whorns are KU, MU, and OSU. ISU, Baylor, KSU and Tech are royally screwed. KU and MU will get another chance, probably with the Big 10. OSU will probably be able to ride OU's coattails into the SEC when the time comes. The other schools have nothing to offer, either through TV sets, national following, academic reputation, or athletic significance.

I'd put the over/under on the Mack 10 at 4 years. That's about when I could see OU and A&M start to really squawk about the money they were promised, and the underlings start to get pissed about how they're getting pushed around.

The teams with the best chance of sticking it to the Whorns are KU, MU, and OSU. ISU, Baylor, KSU and Tech are royally screwed. KU and MU will get another chance, probably with the Big 10. OSU will probably be able to ride OU's coattails into the SEC when the time comes. The other schools have nothing to offer, either through TV sets, national following, academic reputation, or athletic significance.

I'd put the over/under on the Mack 10 at 4 years. That's about when I could see OU and A&M start to really squawk about the money they were promised, and the underlings start to get pissed about how they're getting pushed around.

I don't think it makes it 4 years. Conferences will come calling in the next few off-seasons with real $$ figures

I'd definitely take the under on 4 years. Once it comes time to do the new TV contract in a couple years, I think things will implode rather quickly.

Texas will start it's own network and hang the others out to dry. They will all be begging the SEC, Big Ten and Pac 12 for a spot (if they aren't already). Unfortunately I think many of the north teams may be calling the lesser conferences like the WAC, Mountain West, CUSA and Big East.

I'll take the over. They'll make the buyout fee for the new conference like, eleventy billion dollars because Texas can.

Back